Worst fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Worst fans

Over the years I have developed a disdain for the Philly fans. I try not to label a group by the actions of a few but it seemed everytime I found myself near fans from Philadelphia they were obnoxious, rude and quite simply made themselves out to look like fools, and you could set your watch by them. My brother went to the Pats-Eagles Superbowl and the stories he came back with just enhanced my hatred for them.

Lately that pendulum of hatred is starting to swing towards the fans of the Maple Leafs. If you go TSN.ca and read the comments section it is just ridiculous. Every comment section, no matter the subject has them trading Kadri for Stamkos, Kadri for Evander Kane etc..We have our share here who seem to trade Jordan Caron for every teams best player but over there it is 10 to 1 easily. Near the trade deadline it's just plain comical.

It's not just the trade comments either, anything hockey related seems to bring out the stupidity in them. And since so many hockey players are from the Toronto area, you'll read how they all want to play there, will take less money to, and their teams will trade them for next to nothing since they are from Toronto..It's really quite amusing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Re: Worst fans

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Over the years I have developed a disdain for the Philly fans. I try not to label a group by the actions of a few but it seemed everytime I found myself near fans from Philadelphia they were obnoxious, rude and quite simply made themselves out to look like fools, and you could set your watch by them. My brother went to the Pats-Eagles Superbowl and the stories he came back with just enhanced my hatred for them.

Lately that pendulum of hatred is starting to swing towards the fans of the Maple Leafs. If you go TSN.ca and read the comments section it is just ridiculous. Every comment section, no matter the subject has them trading Kadri for Stamkos, Kadri for Evander Kane etc..We have our share here who seem to trade Jordan Caron for every teams best player but over there it is 10 to 1 easily. Near the trade deadline it's just plain comical.

It's not just the trade comments either, anything hockey related seems to bring out the stupidity in them. And since so many hockey players are from the Toronto area, you'll read how they all want to play there, will take less money to, and their teams will trade them for next to nothing since they are from Toronto..It's really quite amusing.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you said about the Leafs fans I could say ten fold for the montreal canadiens fans.....and in any argument they bring back the 24 Stanley cups (most won when there was only six teams in the NHL or even before there was even an NHL)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have a new rule when dealing with Scab fans who bring up the cup history:

"wow, you must have been on the edge of your seat when Aurel Joliat put them up 2-1 with 5 minutes to go!"

"Man, you must have learned so much about the game watching those Toe Blake teams."

"So, based on the games you watched, would you say Doug Harvey was more like Duncan Keith or Alex Pietrangelo?"

"Did you have a Joe Malone jersey?  Aw, man, I'd totally have had a Joe Malone jersey!"

If you weren't alive or old enough to watch them win the Cup, don't brag to me about your team winning it.  There are a lot of obnoxious fans out there who don't remember anything before 1980 - you know, 35 year olds - and I just refuse to let them claim more than 1986 and 1993. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A tie.

I'd give it to Philly for being obnoxious, meat-headed thugs who take some distorted pride in being so insecure that they feel threatened by opposing fans to the point of seeking violence.  Get mad at the guy in net, you clowns.

I'd give it to Montreal for being spoiled, entitled, reactionary babies.  Aside from the 911 stuff, that collective gasp you hear at home games every time a Hab player falls down sounds like 20,000 8-year old girls seeing a spider. 

Honorable mention to Vancouver for being the conspiracy theory capital of the hockey world.  Every loss has more shadowy conspiracies behind it than the X-files, and the league just won't let Vancouver win (while even less practical markets for league revenues like Tampa Bay and Carolina have won championships this decade).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"wow, you must have been on the edge of your seat when Aurel Joliat put them up 2-1 with 5 minutes to go!"

"Man, you must have learned so much about the game watching those Toe Blake teams."

"So, based on the games you watched, would you say Doug Harvey was more like Duncan Keith or Alex Pietrangelo?"

"Did you have a Joe Malone jersey?  Aw, man, I'd totally have had a Joe Malone jersey!"

If you weren't alive or old enough to watch them win the Cup, don't brag to me about your team winning it.  There are a lot of obnoxious fans out there who don't remember anything before 1980 - you know, 35 year olds - and I just refuse to let them claim more than 1986 and 1993. 

[/QUOTE]

You're lucky you aren't around a lot of Yankee fans...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ohio State *uckeye fans 

Miami Hurricane fans

Stainkee Fans

But any one fanbase that throws snow balls at Santa and attempts to take out Andy Van Slyke with batteries takes the cake. I could go on but we've heard most of them.

I do love reading TSNs comment section. Bless those Lufa fans!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I guess Van Slyke took all of those 'roids to defend himself against  batteries....

Was there a more obvious case of 'roided up performance than that guy?  I mean, he goes from being slapsy Maxie to a power hitter pretty much overnight?  No surprise he played with the big Giant head before the trade the head left for the Giants....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

I guess Van Slyke took all of those 'roids to defend himself against  batteries....

Was there a more obvious case of 'roided up performance than that guy?  I mean, he goes from being slapsy Maxie to a power hitter pretty much overnight?  No surprise he played with the big Giant head before the trade the head left for the Giants....

[/QUOTE]

Van Slyke never hit more than 25 home runs. Poster boy would be Brady Anderson more than him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE] I guess Van Slyke took all of those 'roids to defend himself against  batteries....[/QUOTE]

Andy had FATTY Bonilla and FATHEAD Bonds help him off the field. If only Carbrera's hit went to Van Slyke, Big Sid would have been toast. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE] I guess Van Slyke took all of those 'roids to defend himself against  batteries....[/QUOTE]

Andy had FATTY Bonilla and FATHEAD Bonds help him off the field. If only Carbrera's hit went to Van Slyke, Big Sid would have been toast. 

[/QUOTE]

It's a shame there can be only one Mike Trout. I liked his suggestion of a lifetime ban for the steroid users. I'm so sick of guys like A-Rod and Braun who called everyone else liars until they were caught. Not a coincidence that they cash in on MVP seasons before finally getting busted. It's basically brought the game to a point where all good players are suspected of cheating now. It's not fair to the "clean" players who are competing for a spot on a roster. It's no wonder so many minor leaguers are tempted to cheat just to get over the hump because making the majors is like winning the lottery.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boy, I remember watching that game live.  I was so upset as I was really pulling for the Pirates (before even the notion of PEDs entered my mind).  Can't believe Sid outran the throw...

I don't think I ever really thought of Van Slyke as a roid guy.  Always loved his fielding more than his hitting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:[QUOTE] It's a shame there can be only one Mike Trout. I liked his suggestion of a lifetime ban for the steroid users. I'm so sick of guys like A-Rod and Braun who called everyone else liars until they were caught.  It's no wonder so many minor leaguers are tempted to cheat just to get over the hump because making the majors is like winning the lottery.  [/QUOTE]

Trout is a stud and good kid! Sad thing is Braun and AFraud can play again eventually.

Stephen Drew gets $10M...that's not a misprint! I could hit a breaking ball farther than Drew. Now it would be a can of corn but over the infield lip at least LoL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:[QUOTE] It's a shame there can be only one Mike Trout. I liked his suggestion of a lifetime ban for the steroid users. I'm so sick of guys like A-Rod and Braun who called everyone else liars until they were caught.  It's no wonder so many minor leaguers are tempted to cheat just to get over the hump because making the majors is like winning the lottery.  [/QUOTE]

Trout is a stud and good kid! Sad thing is Braun and AFraud can play again eventually.

Stephen Drew gets $10M...that's not a misprint! I could hit a breaking ball farther than Drew. Now it would be a can of corn but over the infield lip at least LoL

[/QUOTE]

San, I can barely count the number of times that people have suggested to me that Trout is on steroids because, "he's just too good". That's what steroids have have done to the game. Everyone painted with the same brush of suspicion. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you said about the Leafs fans I could say ten fold for the montreal canadiens fans.....and in any argument they bring back the 24 Stanley cups (most won when there was only six teams in the NHL or even before there was even an NHL)

[/QUOTE]

Only problem with that is the Habs have the most Cups of any team after the 6 team era, and only 1 of the 24 came before the NHL. Also, the Bruins were around for the vast majority of the 6 or 7 team era...how come they didn't win more if it was so easy? (I know..I know..."we got screwed by WWII").  In all seriousness, as much as I love the Habs history, the whole 24 Cups thing is really tiresome, and has been for ages. History only goes so far. 

Worst fans? The ones for whom hockey is an afterthought unless the team is winning. Boston had a little of that in the mid 2000s, but no way could Bruins fans be considered the worst because even when people hop off the bandwagon, they have a rabid base. I'd vote for the bandwagon folks in LA and St. Louis. Those are great hockey towns....as long as the team is winning some games. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only problem with that is the Habs have the most Cups of any team after the 6 team era, and only 1 of the 24 came before the NHL. Also, the Bruins were around for the vast majority of the 6 or 7 team era...how come they didn't win more if it was so easy? (I know..I know..."we got screwed by WWII").  In all seriousness, as much as I love the Habs history, the whole 24 Cups thing is really tiresome, and has been for ages. History only goes so far. 

Worst fans? The ones for whom hockey is an afterthought unless the team is winning. Boston had a little of that in the mid 2000s, but no way could Bruins fans be considered the worst because even when people hop off the bandwagon, they have a rabid base. I'd vote for the bandwagon folks in LA and St. Louis. Those are great hockey towns....as long as the team is winning some games. 

[/QUOTE]

L.A. is one of the few places where you can be killed after a baseball game. That's pretty much as sad as it gets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Montreal has had it's small slant toward English speaking people, yet overall the fans are great.  Oh yes they will give their opinion but not to engage in a fight.  Pompous and self righteous, ok, but not rude to your face unless you engage.  Although I never have been to a Philadelphia games, city of brotherly love, I know a few up here in NE. I can say they are arrogant (me first wife was from Atlantic City) .  Detroit fans as well can be condescending.  I think Bs fans are also rude and obnoxious.  I usually eat well, then watch the game in a quiet acquiescent state when in another city.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For my money it's the eternally unrealistic Leaf fans. Like some I've been made aware of the reputations of fans from locales north and south of the 49th but living in the GTA, they're the ones I'm most familiar. To listen to local sports talk call-in shows in this town over the past 15 - 20 years you'd get the impression the team was wallowing in success.

All this center of the hockey universe noise or them actually being known as "God's Team In The NHL" some years ago by a former announcer at THE FAN 590. Beat the drum louder, man - then take your meds. It's 47 long years and counting without a Cup. I don't know whether to applaud their devotion or suggest a big white jacket with long sleeves that buckles in the back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What I have been using lately that works really well. "Really..?? You're bringing up 24 cups? Can you at least stay in this century?" Then they'll say "We beat the Bruins last year!" To which I actually clap my hands & say very loudly. " YAYYYY! The Montreal Canadiens went to the 3rd round of the play-offs!!! WooHoo... How many cups have they won in the last 21 yrs! How many finals have they made! How many Presidents Trophy's have they won!" How many Canadien players have won an individual award in the past 20 yrs?!YAYYY the Montreal Candiens ROCK!!! What a TEAM!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

I don't know about the Leafs fans, but I know that a guy who starts a tread about good and bad fans -or, for that matter, what city has the worst fans- does not have my respect. Please : get a life !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Habs kept winning in the 70's and early 80's because of the expansion and the entry draft. Before the there was an entry draft, the habs would sign anyone that could hold a hockey stick to a contract. With the expansion teams coming in , they traded bodies for high draft picks....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Claudorr's comment:

I don't know about the Leafs fans, but I know that a guy who starts a tread about good and bad fans -or, for that matter, what city has the worst fans- does not have my respect. Please : get a life !

Maybe you haven't read many of kel's posts over the years but if you have you'll immediately know he has a life - and then some. He also made no mention of good fans as you stated he did. He gave an opinion on whom he thought were the most unpleasant. What's wrong with that? They exist.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't know about the Leafs fans, but I know that a guy who starts a tread about good and bad fans -or, for that matter, what city has the worst fans- does not have my respect. Please : get a life 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you haven't read many of kel's posts over the years but if you have you'll immediately know he has a life - and then some. He also made no mention of good fans as you stated he did. He gave an opinion on whom he thought were the most unpleasant. What's wrong with that? They exist.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think the self awareness is strong in this one RHO.  Is there anything lamer than going to a message board, finding a thread that you're not interested in, clicking on that thread, and then taking the time to write a comment telling someone else that they shouldn't be interested in it...?

If you're too busy for threads that don't interest you, opening that thread up and commenting on it isn't really the best way to show that.

It's hard not to throw Chicago into the fair-weather fan category too.  I know it's a huge market and an original six team, but man, about a dozen years ago you couldn't even get a Chicago person to talk about the Blackhawks and there were tons of empty seats.  Now, everyone who once had a relative in Chicago is a huge fan of Toowayvvs and Kane.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's hard not to throw Chicago into the fair-weather fan category too.  I know it's a huge market and an original six team, but man, about a dozen years ago you couldn't even get a Chicago person to talk about the Blackhawks and there were tons of empty seats.  Now, everyone who once had a relative in Chicago is a huge fan of Toowayvvs and Kane.

[/QUOTE]

a lot of the dis-interest had to do with home games being blacked out in the area, and having an a** for an owner....stupid Bill Wirtz.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Habs and Leafs fans love their team and aren't afraid to show it.  I don't mind them.

Philly fans and NYR fans are just jerks.  Philly fans are the jerkier of the two.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"They exist"... So we should talk about them...? Pity ... 

Sections
Shortcuts