Worst fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Worst fans

In response to Claudorr's comment:

I don't know about the Leafs fans, but I know that a guy who starts a tread about good and bad fans -or, for that matter, what city has the worst fans- does not have my respect. Please : get a life !

I went to a couple of stores and they were sold out of lives.

Any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Habs and Leafs fans love their team and aren't afraid to show it.  I don't mind them.

Philly fans and NYR fans are just jerks.  Philly fans are the jerkier of the two.

Live in Canada and you will know the difference of that. Scabs won the cup by beating the B's, have the greatest defenceman in the world since Harvey, (there was no Orr) and Stanley is a genius compared to the majority of them.   Leafs fans are no diff than B fans other than they have endured longer than 72 to 2011 as from 67 to who knows when, they are true fans.   Many scabs left off when the sens started to do well in Ott and jumped ship and now have jumped back as scabs are doing better.  At least the B's and Leafs fans in Canada have remained diehards throughout.  This is just my take but I travel across Canada consistently and lived in Ott for about 15 years, so seen a lot of the above mentioned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to KMCI's comment:

Live in Canada and you will know the difference of that. Scabs won the cup by beating the B's, have the greatest defenceman in the world since Harvey, (there was no Orr) and Stanley is a genius compared to the majority of them.   Leafs fans are no diff than B fans other than they have endured longer than 72 to 2011 as from 67 to who knows when, they are true fans.   Many scabs left off when the sens started to do well in Ott and jumped ship and now have jumped back as scabs are doing better.  At least the B's and Leafs fans in Canada have remained diehards throughout.  This is just my take but I travel across Canada consistently and lived in Ott for about 15 years, so seen a lot of the above mentioned.

I don't think overvaluing your current team or enjoying past victories makes a fan a bad fan.  It may make them delusional, but not bad in my eyes.

A bad fan is the Flyer fan who, along with his two friends, said rude things to Panthers fans after a decisive win by Philly.  "Is that a Huberdeau jersey?  That guy fxxxing sucks!"  "Hey, nice game tonight, huh Panther fans?  What a bunch of fxxxing losers you all are."  No joke, those are direct quotes.  

Habs and Leafs fans can be annoying because of their opinion, but they aren't malicious as far as I've ever known.  They can make you want to scratch your eyes out because of their thoughts, but I don't think that makes them the worst fans.

If you want crazy opinions, have a look around here as well.  Look at the circus seal routine that goes on for Spooner.  Check out the "Bergeron for President of the Earth" approach taken by many.  Review the thoughts on other franchises that make their way to our eyeballs.  Also, when it comes to reading the comments sections and judging fans that way, what do you think people would say if they came here and read Macfact, MarcoLex and Dez?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If you want crazy opinions, have a look around here as well.  Look at the circus seal routine that goes on for Spooner.  

Personally I would describe the Spooner love as more of a circle-jerk....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Ohio State *uckeye fans 

Miami Hurricane fans

Stainkee Fans

But any one fanbase that throws snow balls at Santa and attempts to take out Andy Van Slyke with batteries takes the cake. I could go on but we've heard most of them.

I do love reading TSNs comment section. Bless those Lufa fans!

I live in CBUS and no doubt the OSU *uckeye fans are ridiculous. It really is one of the most irritating things about living in CBUS. I grew up here much of my life after being born in West Springfield. But I was never a OSU fan. We were raised watch Indiana Basketball and SEC football. As I got more into hockey, the B's became my go to Hockey team, since we never had NHL hockey here. We do now, but I will always root for the B's over the Blue Jackets. Oh I travel for business and everywhere I go, I see some MORON wearing OSU gear. Its not the school or the team I dislike, its the F....ing fans. Most are complete idiots when it comes to OSU football. Can you say Brainwashed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

I live in CBUS and no doubt the OSU *uckeye fans are ridiculous. It really is one of the most irritating things about living in CBUS. I grew up here much of my life after being born in West Springfield. But I was never a OSU fan. We were raised watch Indiana Basketball and SEC football. As I got more into hockey, the B's became my go to Hockey team, since we never had NHL hockey here. We do now, but I will always root for the B's over the Blue Jackets. Oh I travel for business and everywhere I go, I see some MORON wearing OSU gear. Its not the school or the team I dislike, its the F....ing fans. Most are complete idiots when it comes to OSU football. Can you say Brainwashed.

They are bad fans because they love and believe in their team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Philly fans aren't just bad fans, they are bad people. Moronic sub-monkeys who'd punch a nun for sipping her tea out of a Redskins mug. They belong in their own category when it comes to the discussion of worst fans.

Then there are the fans whose well-being and primary obsession in life is a sports team. They would trade one of their children (that they probably shouldn't have had in the first place) for a Stanley Cup. If their team had Hitler centering Stalin and Charlie Manson on the first line, they would be fine with that as long as they won. Now, every team has some of these fans but I'll leave it to you to figure out which teams have the most of these misguided morons, Ole'? Err, I mean okay?

...and in other non-Oleg related news...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ohio State *uckeye fans

Every loss comes with a new excuse, every program but theirs is dirty, Woody Hayes was a saint and there alumni are the perfect Wasp-wannabee, Christian's of the planet. 

Watch the "Youngstown Boys" and you see all you need to see about OSUs administration and there fans. I work with people who grew up in Columbus, they all hate the *uckeyes! A complete joke of a community!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I didnt say bad fans, just dillusional when in comes to sticking up and rooting for their team. The majority of them are have such high expectations and every excuse in the book comes out when they dont win. And for most of them, as long as they beat Michigan it was a good year. Its just annoying, because I work with so many Buckeye fans and every year they think they should be #1 and playing for the Nat'l Championship after playing a weak schedule, when the SEC teams beat up on each other. I find it humorous that every time the Buckeyes play an SEC team in a bowl game they get crushed. Big ten can not hang with the SEC.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[/QUOTE]

I didnt say bad fans, just dillusional when in comes to sticking up and rooting for their team. The majority of them are have such high expectations and every excuse in the book comes out when they dont win. And for most of them, as long as they beat Michigan it was a good year. Its just annoying, because I work with so many Buckeye fans and every year they think they should be #1 and playing for the Nat'l Championship after playing a weak schedule, when the SEC teams beat up on each other. I find it humorous that every time the Buckeyes play an SEC team in a bowl game they get crushed. Big ten can not hang with the SEC.

[/QUOTE]

So maybe they belong in the most annoying fan category rather than worst fans? I know a few and that's what I think of them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So, what, we need to define terms?  Okay.

Take NAS's examples and conceptualize.

Fan A's team is 30-25-3-7 going into the deadline.  Fan A believes that with the right second line centre and second pairing defenseman at the deadline, and a little bit of puck luck, they're going all the way, and won't shut up about how great the parade will be.

Fan B's team is 31-24-4-6 going into the deadline.  A player on Fan A's team is out with the flu.  Fan B says: might as well play for the draft pick now, loser, because that loser player has AIDS and he's probably given it to the rest of the losers on that team and the losers that hang out behind the dumpsters at the practice facility for a little reacharound.

Bad fans aren't delusional about their team.  The team is just the compass they use to know which direction to spew.

I have seen a lot of this from Scab and Leaf fans - if you haven't, maybe it's having lived in proximity to a critical mass of them?  Throwing batteries and booing Santa vs. calling 911 on a player and actually coming very close to having criminal charges directed at a player for an on-ice incident.  If it was one or two, you shake your head, but the descriptions suggested that the 911 board was almost completely flooded with those idiots.  Bad fans when you spew on someone's real world because you don't like what happens in the fantasy world where the result of sporting events actually matters to you.

Are you not entertained?!?!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

So maybe they belong in the most annoying fan category rather than worst fans? I know a few and that's what I think of them.

Both!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I don't know about the Leafs fans, but I know that a guy who starts a tread about good and bad fans -or, for that matter, what city has the worst fans- does not have my respect. Please : get a life !

Maybe you haven't read many of kel's posts over the years but if you have you'll immediately know he has a life - and then some. He also made no mention of good fans as you stated he did. He gave an opinion on whom he thought were the most unpleasant. What's wrong with that? They exist.

"They exist"... So we should talk about them...? Pity ... 

For some, like you perhaps. Thankfully, not for all.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I don't know about the Leafs fans, but I know that a guy who starts a tread about good and bad fans -or, for that matter, what city has the worst fans- does not have my respect. Please : get a life 

Maybe you haven't read many of kel's posts over the years but if you have you'll immediately know he has a life - and then some. He also made no mention of good fans as you stated he did. He gave an opinion on whom he thought were the most unpleasant. What's wrong with that? They exist.

Yeah, I don't think the self awareness is strong in this one RHO.  Is there anything lamer than going to a message board, finding a thread that you're not interested in, clicking on that thread, and then taking the time to write a comment telling someone else that they shouldn't be interested in it...?

If you're too busy for threads that don't interest you, opening that thread up and commenting on it isn't really the best way to show that.

It's hard not to throw Chicago into the fair-weather fan category too.  I know it's a huge market and an original six team, but man, about a dozen years ago you couldn't even get a Chicago person to talk about the Blackhawks and there were tons of empty seats.  Now, everyone who once had a relative in Chicago is a huge fan of Toowayvvs and Kane.

And there you are. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

What an interesting life your is !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Look up irony in the dictionary and see if any bulbs start lighting up.

Thank you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

a lot of the dis-interest had to do with home games being blacked out in the area, and having an a** for an owner..."Dollar" Bill Wirtz.

Fixed it for ya! He's the No #1 reason the Hawks slipped into irrelevance.He let any good player the Hawks had walk if they wanted more money,and everyone thought JJ was cheap,Wirtz wrote the book. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts