Worst goalie choke artists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Worst goalie choke artists

TT has put on one of the worst goalie playoff performances I have seen for a while.  So I was wondering who you think is the worst playoff choker out of the following:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Worst goalie choke artists

Turn on versus right now.  Jonathan Quick just gave up 5 2nd period goals on 18 shots to blow a 4-0 lead.  Did you see Luongo give up 6 goals in 42 minutes earlier today?  This thread is stupid.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Roberta Luongo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

This post is by a choke artist

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Luongo, hands down.  Lalime is a close second.  Thomas....not even CLOSE.  A 7 game loss to the Habs, a sweep of the Habs, a 7 game loss to the Canes and now 1-2 vs the Habs.  His 3rd time as a playoff starter and has a winning record at 11-10.  Not impressive, sure, but nothing CLOSE to a choke artist.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nabokov.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

In Response to Re: Worst goalie choke artists:
    [QUOTE]Nabokov.....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    ^^^^^^

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Nabokov was terrible when they needed him the most. John Casey got the North Stars to the 91' final but started flopping once he saw Mario and Jagr. John was again great to bring the Gretzky Blues but folded against the Wings when his defense played really well that whole series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

Pete Peeters

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marty and Patrick.

Not sure Loungo can be blamed for all of Vans past failures.  But based on playoffs(he has a olympic gold medal) I would put him in that list. 

I would also put any Capitals goalie from the beginning of time. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Nabokov!  Funny how I forgot about him....because he did NOTHING except cause some great teams to lose.  He REALLY brought the Sharks down in the playoffs for years!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

actually and I hate to do this but since your a TT hater if you want to get into goalie choke artists look no further than Tuuka. He blew a 3 game lead then a 3-0 lead in game 7....If that aint choking....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Nabokov!  Funny how I forgot about him....because he did NOTHING except cause some great teams to lose.  He REALLY brought the Sharks down in the playoffs for years!
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

and he was expensive...

Remember Cloutier from Van a few years back too? Good regular season stats, third string play in the playoffs...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

AT SOME POINT!?!?!?!?!  What do you call last night!?!?!?!?!  Seriously, thats why I put Luongo.  People have been riding high on him for years, even before going to Vancouver.  His game will self-destruct in 5....4....3....2......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

As far as Nabokov goes, it's convenient to blame him and the organization certainly made him the scapegoat, but I watch every playoff game possible and I seem to remeber alot of high end talent up front not performing come playoff time. Easier to blame the goalie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]AT SOME POINT!?!?!?!?!  What do you call last night!?!?!?!?!  Seriously, thats why I put Luongo.  People have been riding high on him for years, even before going to Vancouver.  His game will self-destruct in 5....4....3....2......
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    While I think they will end up beating Chi (hope they don't) I don't see Luongo gettings past the second rd. They will end up playing great offensive and physical teams in the next round that will play him much like Chi did last year. Van fades when things get chippy. Which is funny because they are chippy themselves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Worst goalie choke artists:
    [QUOTE]TT has put on one of the worst goalie playoff performances I have seen for a while.  So I was wondering who you think is the worst playoff choker out of the following:
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Fock! You're pathetic!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think Van makes the semi's for sure.  Det/San is almost a lock.  And then its the Ducks or Nashville(likely Nashville as much as it hurts me to say).  I don't think Nashville has the scoring to match Van. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I think Van makes the semi's for sure.  Det/San is almost a lock.  And then its the Ducks or Nashville(likely Nashville as much as it hurts me to say).  I don't think Nashville has the scoring to match Van. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I hope the Ducks make it too. Shupe; did you happen to see game 3 between the Preds & Ducks? McQuire as you know stands between the two benches during the TSN games right? Well, apparently the Preds were giving Selanne the gears & saying he should retire & he's too old to play this young mans game. The score at the time was 2-0 Preds. Well the next shift Selanne goes out & scores 2 goals 30 sec apart to tie it!
    The Preds still won, but it was funny. One of the few times I actually thought having Mcquire between the benches was a great idea. He's the one that brought up the Preds saying that & he actually said the Preds better watch what they say to Teemu! Always liked the Finnish Flash! Met him when he was with the Av's & he's as funny as they come! Class act too!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Cloutier was a journeyman, though. Sort of like a Brian Boucher type from Philly. Luongo was a huge trade chip from Florida and is paid a boatload on a loaded team. I fully expect him to collapse at some point.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Cloutier only played for 4 teams his entire career. His 4 seasons as the Nucks starter were very productive in the regular season (check the stats) and the team did very good those years except for the playoffs of course....I agree with what you are saying though. Luongo is paid as an elite tender and has won diddly squat when it counts (excusing an olympic gold of course)...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst goalie choke artists : I hope the Ducks make it too. Shupe; did you happen to see game 3 between the Preds & Ducks? McQuire as you know stands between the two benches during the TSN games right? Well, apparently the Preds were giving Selanne the gears & saying he should retire & he's too old to play this young mans game. The score at the time was 2-0 Preds. Well the next shift Selanne goes out & scores 2 goals 30 sec apart to tie it! The Preds still won, but it was funny. One of the few times I actually thought having Mcquire between the benches was a great idea. He's the one that brought up the Preds saying that & he actually said the Preds better watch what they say to Teemu! Always liked the Finnish Flash! Met him when he was with the Av's & he's as funny as they come! Class act too!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I missed that.  I was actually flipping back and forth.  30 seconds later and the flash sniped two.  he is good and can play easily another year.