Worst NHL Attitude Ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Worst NHL Attitude Ever

Nail Yakupov:

"You can say a million words about getting better but coach says I'm not playing, so I'm not playing. I'm not happy about it. I just want to play every game. I'm going to play my game. I'm not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don't like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don't think it's my game."

--

Can you imagine a player actually saying this?  It's not a joke.  This is a real quote.  If this guy had been selected by the B's, he'd be on the first train out of town today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Worst NHL Attitude Ever

What a joke of an attitude.

"I am not going to change" 

If the coach tells you to change part of your approach, you do it.  As far as you're concerned that coach is your boss, and he knows hockey better than you.

"I dont like skating all the time"
    WRONG SPORT PAL! This is hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Nail Yakupov:

"You can say a million words about getting better but coach says I'm not playing, so I'm not playing. I'm not happy about it. I just want to play every game. I'm going to play my game. I'm not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don't like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don't think it's my game."

--

Can you imagine a player actually saying this?  It's not a joke.  This is a real quote.  If this guy had been selected by the B's, he'd be on the first train out of town today.

No wonder he sat out vs the Leafs on Saturday.  Let's see what the results of any repeated conversations, perhaps over a period of time, does for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh boy.  I wonder what all those people who like to say "he's young", "don't give up on him" & etc. have to say about this player.

There's always the KHL for Nail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well that settles that, Yapukov will be heading back to the KHL soon. What a dope!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Unbelievable!!  I guess you have to give him credit for being honest.  You don't want to paint all Russians with the same brush but with this type of attitude and guys like Radulov and Kovy going back to the KHL, teams are going to be wary about drafting Russians. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I saw this on the Globe twitter feed and was going to ask if it was really legit.  I wonder if he'll use the "something was lost in translation" damage control.  If he even cares.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, San beat me to it.  This quote is the equivalent of calling your realtor in Moscow, just to check on the housing market.  

Wait, there's a league were you can float around the ice and wait for your teammates to get you the puck?  Sign me up.  This guy would be dynamite in my men's league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And this is a first overall pick? I thought teams scouted on personality and attitude as well as skill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Write this down....I'm speechless!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Is this comment a sign of the times or related to being Russian?

I'm anxious to see if the title "#1 draft pick" is bigger than "Disposable Edmonton Coach" in 2013.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Is this comment a sign of the times or related to being Russian?

I'm anxious to see if the title "#1 draft pick" is bigger than "Disposable Edmonton Coach" in 2013.

And here's a response from the worst NHL fan ever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Yakupov isnt long for Edmotnon. He's the one they deal for some defensive help.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Wow...I don't know if I've ever heard such a ridiculous quote from an athlete since Randy Moss, and this one might even be worse. I do remember the scouting reports on players from the 2012 draft were poor, and that there weren't many projected great players, but boy....I haven't seen or heard anything about him to suggest that he was any better than Galchenyuk.

Gotta feel bad for Edmonton....get three straight #1 overall picks. Two of them are hurt most of the time, and one of them has the worst attitude ever. I can't imagine them not having at least another few lottery picks coming their way in the next couple of years.

....at least if he keeps this up, they'll be able to sign him for cheap, or they won't feel too bad about letting him walk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Zero leadership there.   AF should grab him by the neck.  

Hes no datsyuk.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

"Worst ever" always makes me think of Comic Book Guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Nice

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

How could it not?  He's a legend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't think a Mike Singletary speech will fix that attitude. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"I really don't like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift."

I just can't get over this line.  It basically says, "I don't like the hard stuff."  If he were my player, I'd order a Code Red.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You can't handle the truth!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

"I really don't like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift."

I just can't get over this line.  It basically says, "I don't like the hard stuff."  If he were my player, I'd order a Code Red.

I have a feeling he's tied up in Ference's basement as we speak, with a pillow case over his head.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

...and the pillow case is made out of hemp.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

A couple of things come to mind hearing this:

1. I think that's the last Nail in the coffin of his NHL career - what team would trade for that guy?

2. Nail Yakapov = #1 Draft Pr!ck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

And this is a first overall pick? I thought teams scouted on personality and attitude as well as skill.

I'd have a lot of questions for the Oiler's management and scouting staff if i was a fan. Lowe is still surviving on the fumes of that Roloson aided Cup run, he's horrible and the Oil need a big change in management and philosophy, it'll be awhile before they turn it around.I dare say Calgary has it together better than the Oilers and that is saying alot.  

Sections
Shortcuts