Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dds4. Show dds4's posts

Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so!

"Bruins studio anchor Kathryn Tappen is expected to depart for the NHL Network in the next couple of weeks; according to an industry source, former Bruins play-by-play voice Dale Arnold is a candidate to replace her."

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-08/sports/29752461_1_nesn-new-england-sports-network-bruins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so!

Dale brings some physicality.

If he doesnt fit in the system, maybe we can make a move at the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Meh, KT has never been that engaging.

In Response to Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so!:
    [QUOTE]"Bruins studio anchor Kathryn Tappen is expected to depart for the NHL Network in the next couple of weeks; according to an industry source, former Bruins play-by-play voice Dale Arnold is a candidate to replace her." http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-08/sports/29752461_1_nesn-new-england-sports-network-bruins
    Posted by dds4[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Kathryn has the skills, she'll be a pro for years. Still needs some seasoning in wardrobe but is a solid player. Bringing in a grizzled vet with a few skills left to finish off his career. Not happy with the trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

We're trading a young player for a seasoned vet. The younger had loads of potential.  Tough call as to whether we gain anything out of this. She was great to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

THRILLED with this trade. huge dale arnold fan. little bit long in the tooth but he brings the cerebral game that KT lacked. shes got the skill but isn't the smartest player in the world. I just wish they had kept KT, signed Dale, and packaged Jack Edwards with something to get the next erin andrews

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hockey knowledge = upgrade

Aesthetics at the broadcast booth = huge downgrade.

I don't want to sound too boorish here, but why did Tappen always dress like an Amish grandmother?  Turtlenecks, sweaters, high-cut blouses??  I'm not asking for a bikini, but you would've thought she was at her church baptism all season long.  A sharp contrast from Hazel Mae anyhow.

I like both Tappen and Arnold, so good luck to both of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

If it makes you guys feel better, Dale is sporting about the same cup size as Katherine these days

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Re: Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so!:
    [QUOTE]If it makes you guys feel better, Dale is sporting about the same cup size as Katherine these days
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Hahaha nice...

I used to like Kathryn Tappen because she was the hottest sports anchor in Boston...

Now that Heidi Watney has come along, I've noticed that I hate Kathryn Tappen...

Over/under on how many times Dale says, "You might as well put skirts on 'em!" throughout the year: 134

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

HUGE Dale fan here so Im really excited if this is true.  Nothing against KT, she reads a teleprompter well, but Dale really is a part of the Bruins organization and it was REALLY unfortunate when NESN decided they didnt need a knowledgeable hockey guy anymore, and brought on Jack "The Mouth" Edwards.

Dale has been calling hockey games since the mid '70's up here in Maine at Bowdoin college, then doing the Mariners games in the late '70's when he replaced Doc Emrick.  He was next door neighbors with my FIL, and although Ive never met the guy, Ive only heard good things about him.  Add to that, that he is/was actually good friends with many Bruins players of the past, and you cant go wrong with bringing Dale back on board.

And if people actually payed attention, Dale was basically let go for mouthing off against Jeremy Jacobs (Jacobs is the CEO of Delaware North and they are an owner of NESN).  He used to speak BADLY of Jacobs on air often, so it cant be a coincidence that he was canned.  Something most of us probably respect.

Dale is definitely alright in my book.  Hope he comes back on board and WISH he would replace Jack Edwards.  It would be nice to hear someone call a game because they KNEW the game and loved it, and not just because they loved the sound of their own voice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

In Response to Re: Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so!:
    [QUOTE]If it makes you guys feel better, Dale is sporting about the same cup size as Katherine these days

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

a lot of my family are brunswick natives and some of my family went to both highschool and college with him at bowdoin. they all said that his only bad quality was that he was a little bit pompous, albeit in a funny way. I can't think of too many guys that haven't played the game that know more about it than he does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Sorry for the previous blank post...meant to say that this post was hilarious!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like Dale, he did an admirable job in replacing Fred Cusik, not an easy task. I beleive he filled in for Bob Wilson to as well on the radio. Kathryn was very fluent and I think her knowledge of the game was improving. Very pretty girl and the way she dressed may be more of an indication of how of the amount of class she has.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Is Hazel Mae available? If not, NESN should trade the whole staff for Jen Sterger!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Can't stand Dale Arnorld.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]HUGE Dale fan here so Im really excited if this is true.  Nothing against KT, she reads a teleprompter well, but Dale really is a part of the Bruins organization and it was REALLY unfortunate when NESN decided they didnt need a knowledgeable hockey guy anymore, and brought on Jack "The Mouth" Edwards. Dale has been calling hockey games since the mid '70's up here in Maine at Bowdoin college, then doing the Mariners games in the late '70's when he replaced Doc Emrick.  He was next door neighbors with my FIL, and although Ive never met the guy, Ive only heard good things about him.  Add to that, that he is/was actually good friends with many Bruins players of the past, and you cant go wrong with bringing Dale back on board. And if people actually payed attention, Dale was basically let go for mouthing off against Jeremy Jacobs (Jacobs is the CEO of Delaware North and they are an owner of NESN).  He used to speak BADLY of Jacobs on air often, so it cant be a coincidence that he was canned.  Something most of us probably respect. Dale is definitely alright in my book.  Hope he comes back on board and WISH he would replace Jack Edwards.  It would be nice to hear someone call a game because they KNEW the game and loved it, and not just because they loved the sound of their own voice.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Sorry Big; I do like Dale Arnold; but for the past couple of seasons we had Jack & Andy compared to Dale & Gord & J & A blow D & G out of the water! Jack took some getting used to; I'll admit that. Jack in the overall scheme of things is a homer. Which being a local station is to be expected; but Jack delivers a goal from either side! Which makes for better listening! To have Dale say. "he scores!" when Ovie makes a great play. Makes the game redundant & borish! Jack may not like to shout out the opposition scoring; but he puts the game more at an actual feel than Arnold does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tappen won't make it big until she changes her, as stated above, Amish grandmother clothing.

Maybe Dale will do a great job? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Tappen won't make it big until she changes her, as stated above, Amish grandmother clothing. Maybe Dale will do a great job? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Maybe he'll get a voice transplant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh no Dale and Kluelesszak reunited good grief I will be switching to CSpan to watch the do nothing congress walk around the capitol floor between periods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxDe34V4gw

Imagine how this call would have sounded if Jack, Gary Thorne, Steve Levy or Doc Emrick called it ? Instead "WoW" and "That's called walking into one" no enthusiasm whatsoever just geeky downplay. I called those two "the leaders of the nerd herd" Borum at the Forum!

Have fun Kathryn you graduated and yes please explain to your career minor league hockey playing husband dressing like a nun just plain isn't fun for us viewers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so! : Maybe he'll get a voice transplant.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Gotta say, am not a big DA fan. Give me Jack & Brick any day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Worst off season trade, Kathryn Tappen for Dale Arnold? say it ain't so!:
    [QUOTE]"Bruins studio anchor Kathryn Tappen is expected to depart for the NHL Network in the next couple of weeks; according to an industry source, former Bruins play-by-play voice Dale Arnold is a candidate to replace her." http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-08/sports/29752461_1_nesn-new-england-sports-network-bruins
    Posted by dds4[/QUOTE]

A bit of sideways move for Tappen, but she'll get more national exposure career wise now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]Dale brings some physicality. If he doesnt fit in the system, maybe we can make a move at the deadline.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

LOLOLL :) well played sir

So sad though, I loved Tappan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Dale is as dry as burnt toast.

---------------------

This is going to sound cheesy, but I actually had a dream about Kathryn the other night.  I didn't even remember it until this thread jarred it loose.  Nothing sexual or even suggestive at all.  I remember meeting her, but our meeting was cut short because she was very worried about something.  Her hair was cut relatively short and was all gray.  Bizarre.

I almost never remember dreams anymore, and probably wouldn't have remembered this one if not for this thread. 
    ---------------------

Well, nothing to do but wish Kathryn well with the NHL Network and hope that Dale steps up his game a bit upon his return to Bruins broadcasts.  If he was fired for criticizing Jeremy Jacobs, he will probably be even more vanilla than he was before.