Worst Stanley Cup Final win Ever by a Goalie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Worst Stanley Cup Final win Ever by a Goalie

The only reason that game wasn't 5-2 Chicago win was the single-handed pathetic glove-side goaltending of Crawford. The whole rest of the game was the pathetic defensive play not only by the forwards who were asleep, but unfortunately Seidenberg and the rest of the defense went to pieces in front of Rask.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Worst Stanley Cup Final win Ever by a Goalie

That's what I said. How does a guy get a win playing like that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I feel sorry for Rask and I feel sorry for Julien because the team did not play B's Hockey, they played regular season, wheel-and-deal, forget about any system hockey. Sure, great goals, nice comeback, but no way does any NHL goalie other than Reimer go to pieces with so many leads the way Crawford was. The guy was praying he didn't face another one-on-one shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

How did that game even go to overtime? Seriously.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

It was not a good effort by many Bruins tonight. Got off to a bad start and had to take chances to get back in it.

But things change. Recharge and go back at it on the road.

Engine, Engine number nine.

Going down Chicago Line.

If the train falls of the track

Boston Bruins are coming back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

It was not a good effort by many Bruins tonight. Got off to a bad start and had to take chances to get back in it.

Going down Chicago Line.

Ha Ha! Love it, maybe Wheats it should be Engine,Engine number 49, in honor of Stanleys favorite player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Did you guys miss philly chicago scf.  Neither of those goalies deserved to be in the cup finals.   

this was a stinker for sure.  Thought rask played very good even though he let in 6.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

you cannot blame Rask, you certainly can throw a lot of blame at Crawford for keeping the B's in it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I also said Cup Final, not just a playoff game, a Cup Final playoff game. You rarely see goalie performances as bad as Crawford's in a Cup Final series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I also said Cup Final, not just a playoff game, a Cup Final playoff game. You rarely see goalie performances as bad as Crawford's in a Cup Final series.

Philly cup final they had a minor league goalie.  Actually 2 of them.  Not trying to argue.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

How did that game even go to overtime? Seriously.

I was thinking the same thing. As bad as the Bruins were tonight and they were bad Crawford was down right horrible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

With that glove hand I 'm hoping Crawford's year of overachieving really comes to end game 5 and that Rask gets back on track.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I thought Rask played good.... Chicago got some lucky deflections. Seemed the only goal that beat Rask Clean was in OT. The B's will bounce back. As far as Im concerned, Crawford can let in another 5 in game 5.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

big difference where Rask gets beat on deflections or 3rd chance opporutnities and Crawford waves at it with his glove as it sails past.  Half the time Crawford can't even catch it if he happens to stop it. This could open it up a bit in terms of picking your spots to shoot on Crawford, if he's focusing too much on making the glove save...shoot it somewhere else.  However I have a feeling they keep going glove, they keep scoring.  He's a complete sieve and there is no way a goalie like that deserves a cup.  But if the B's team D keep playing like that, they don't deserve it any more.  I saw that OT goal coming a mile away and yelled for Bergeron to lay out for it.  He does a lot of things, but he's not going to slide to block a slap shot. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rask had to make 41 saves to keep the Bruins in the game. The Bruins defense allowed 47 shots that is terrible. The last Boston player that any fan or member of the media should look at is Tuukka.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Rask had to make 41 saves to keep the Bruins in the game. The Bruins defense allowed 47 shots that is terrible. The last Boston player that any fan or member of the media should look at is Tuukka.

agreed, there are plenty of other players who need to appear on the score sheet this series before any blames goes to goaltending in my eyes.  Id really like to see Seguin do something this playoffs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Going down Chicago Line.

That has to be the first Roger Miller song ever talked about on these boards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

My gosh...the Rask love continues. Dude lets in 6 (SIX!!!) goals and he has apologists galore.

Bruins win and BDC is buzzing about how Tuukka stood on his head and stole the game

Bruins lose and BDC is saying that it wasn't Tuukka's fault

Does no one here hold him accountable?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

absolutely, but he shouldnt be #1 to blame for the loss.  He should have had one or two of those goals.  The first goal lies solely on Seguin in my eyes bad turnover on the PP inexcusable.  The Kane goal, it was the third chance! i dont know any goalie who could have made that save, just missed it!  It was a bad effort all around top to bottom, not absolving tuukka, but not saying it was all his fault. EVERYONE should have played better. Not just Tuukka.  If the bruins win the stanley cup who do you think is first in  line for the conne smythe?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

My gosh...the Rask love continues. Dude lets in 6 (SIX!!!) goals and he has apologists galore.

Bruins win and BDC is buzzing about how Tuukka stood on his head and stole the game

Because it wasn't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

absolutely, but he shouldnt be #1 to blame for the loss.  He should have had one or two of those goals.  The first goal lies solely on Seguin in my eyes bad turnover on the PP inexcusable.  The Kane goal, it was the third chance! i dont know any goalie who could have made that save, just missed it!  It was a bad effort all around top to bottom, not absolving tuukka, but not saying it was all his fault. EVERYONE should have played better. Not just Tuukka.  If the bruins win the stanley cup who do you think is first in  line for the conne smythe?

True the Seguin turnover was bad and the Lucic one in the third period almost led to a goal, too. But the Kane goal (#3) and the Sharp goal (#5) were examples of poor rebound control. Conn Smythe if the Bruins win would be Krecji - Rask - Bergeron - Chara

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Maybe because going into the game he had the best playoff numbers EVER for a goalie. You're clearly a meathead with too many Tim Thomas posters on yor wall.........or is that you Tim?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

The Kane goal (#3) was the THIRD chance on that play!  There arent many goalies who can make two quick saves and get that third chance, especially from Kane, also Rask was really close on that one.  

You got me on that Sharp goal though.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

The Kane goal (#3) was the THIRD chance on that play!  There arent many goalies who can make two quick saves and get that third chance, especially from Kane, also Rask was really close on that one.  

You got me on that Sharp goal though.  

I don't fault Rask for giving up a 5 on 3 goal. He made the first save through traffic and no one was able to stop Sharp from pouncing on the rebound.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because going into the game he had the best playoff numbers EVER for a goalie. You're clearly a meathead with too many Tim Thomas posters on yor wall.........or is that you Tim?

Yup - you caught me. It's me Tim from my bunker underneath the Denver airport waiting for the Apocalypse. The Free Masons told me there was room for one Stanley Cup goalie in the bunker so I like to detract from Tuukka's acomplishments.

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts