WOUD YOU TRADE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: WOUD YOU TRADE

In response to paulbking's comment:

remember the crap "they" said about horton in florida?he's 21 yrs old  he'll learn

I don't recall any waitresses taking to the internet to call Horton out for skipping on checks.  I also don't recall Horton ever intentionally alienating the entire Florida fanbase.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Salaries match, Kane is under control longer and is 5 years younger.  Seems like Seguin slides to center and Kane or Marchand will need to play the off-wing.

Where am I off on this, red?   Am I under-rating Krejci and chasing the shiny new object?

Crowls,

Why would you want to change how it is right now with the Top 6?  With your suggestion, both lines are blown up, two players are in new positions (on this team) and a player who comes off as "me first" is injected into a locker room where the only word is "team".

Fair question, no way to quantify the "me first" aspect of Kane's game.  I am just not a huge DK guy.   Too much inconsistancy in Krejci's game to be considered elite.  Going is great now, but is the same guy that totaled 62 points last year (and the year before) as your #1 center.  He is scoring at a point/GP pace now, but is likely to revert and end up at his "62 Point" pace.

Eyes tell me that Kane has a skills to be elite, although limited sample size.  Also, still believe that Seguin needs to be a center, despite CJ's reluctance. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to paulbking's comment:

the bruins could not SCORE enough last year against washington, i cringe thinking of playing the rangers and not scoring  enough. but forget kane there are other options. i just don't want a scrub fill in like pouliot or bourque. think about some one, to put them over the top. 

I agree and I believe with the Thomas for a 2nd rounder, PC poistioned himself well when teams start to dump salaries at their owners reguest. Bourque having one decent game recently is not enough. I really wish they would bring up Spooner for mid-week games cause he has a much better release and shot than Ray Jr.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Salaries match, Kane is under control longer and is 5 years younger.  Seems like Seguin slides to center and Kane or Marchand will need to play the off-wing.

Where am I off on this, red?   Am I under-rating Krejci and chasing the shiny new object?

Crowls,

Why would you want to change how it is right now with the Top 6?  With your suggestion, both lines are blown up, two players are in new positions (on this team) and a player who comes off as "me first" is injected into a locker room where the only word is "team".

Fair question, no way to quantify the "me first" aspect of Kane's game.  I am just not a huge DK guy.   Too much inconsistancy in Krejci's game to be considered elite.  Going is great now, but is the same guy that totaled 62 points last year (and the year before) as your #1 center.  He is scoring at a point/GP pace now, but is likely to revert and end up at his "62 Point" pace.

Eyes tell me that Kane has a skills to be elite, although limited sample size.  Also, still believe that Seguin needs to be a center, despite CJ's reluctance. 

Seguin will not be moved to center until he learns to play against the boards.  In the Bruins system the center in the defensive zone is require to win the puck behind the net and in the corners.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seguin will not be moved to center until he learns to play against the boards.  In the Bruins system the center in the defensive zone is require to win the puck behind the net and in the corners.

[/QUOTE]

Don't entirely disagree OTB.  Not sure I would translate what we see from Seguin's RW corner game to be indicitive of what he might look like as a center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just a thought regarding those who want to see Seguin play center immediately.

In the defensive end, Julien ( at times ) takes Seguin off the ice and replaces him with a center from another line . This is done in case Bergeron gets kicked out of the faceoff. 

Q: Why doesn't Julien keep Seguin on the ice in case this happens ? 

I'm thinking Julien doesn't trust Seguin in the faceoff circle in the defensive zone in critical situations.  

B) Why not Marchand to the bench instead of Seguin ?

Marchand is a more reliable defensive player in CJ's mind ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Just a thought regarding those who want to see Seguin play center immediately.

In the defensive end, Julien ( at times ) takes Seguin off the ice and replaces him with a center from another line . This is done in case Bergeron gets kicked out of the faceoff. 

Q: Why doesn't Julien keep Seguin on the ice in case this happens ? 

I'm thinking Julien doesn't trust Seguin in the faceoff circle in the defensive zone in critical situations.  

B) Why not Marchand to the bench instead of Seguin ?

Marchand is a more reliable defensive player in CJ's mind ?

I don't disagree with anything you said about how CJ views/uses Seguin.  I would also add that CJ is not 100% right on everything.  Would you agree?  CJ is also responsible for one of the worst PP in the league and skates #22 on a regular basis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

No I would not do that trade PBK. You can not mess with team chemistry as NAS referred to. The B's top 2 lines r playing well. If the bruins make a trade, It will be to add a player not subtract a player off there top line. IMO they will trade young players on the farm team or draft picks, and add to their payroll. If u looked at Peter C trades in the past he only traded for a front line player once Kaberle., during the deadline Kelly for 2nd rounder , Perverly  for Stuart and Wheeler , Mark Reck for picks. So no PBK don't see that trade happening. I am sure if he has traded for a big time player at the deadline my buddies on the board will correct me not the first time I been wrong won't be the last.   Lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Krejci can pass, score and is a very good defensive center. Kane is young, quick, can score, but is a horrible back-checker, terribly over-valued for his contract and gets caught watching the play in his own zone allot.

NO!

Well stated !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Why is everyone hanging out in the terrible post?

Let's kill it now and get it over with.

BANG!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I don't disagree with anything you said about how CJ views/uses Seguin.  I would also add that CJ is not 100% right on everything.  Would you agree?  CJ is also responsible for one of the worst PP in the league and skates #22 on a regular basis.

There has never been a coach in the history of the NHL who has been right 100% of the time. Not even Rick Bowness.

I'm more then comfortable with Julien's decision to leave Seguin on the wing considering the value the other 4 centers bring to the defensive side of playing that position.

The game played on the ice is not all about just scoring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

CJ's job is to maximize/optimize the roster that he is given by PC, so I agree that given the players he has on his team, he has made the right choices.

The game is not all about scoring and nobody emphasizes that more than CJ.  It would be great to see him recognize that scoring is a pretty important part of the game and get a little more aggressive from time-to-time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK.  

Its not happening.  But i would like to see seguin at center. 

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Not happening and i dont want to touch the top 2 lines.  

I want sarich and jackman from calgary.  And i want chimera for the 3rd line. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

There has never been a coach in the history of the NHL who has been right 100% of the time. Not even Rick Bowness.

I'm more then comfortable with Julien's decision to leave Seguin on the wing considering the value the other 4 centers bring to the defensive side of playing that position.

Good post!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Julien has been very fair with Seguin. Nothing will change his philosphy, whether you agree with having a "Thornton Player" in the lineup evry night or not, and when you're winning that is OK with his bosses.

PS. I see the Rick Bowness reference smart guy. Always doing your Gabriel Bryne "Millers Crossing" impersonation I see...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kane is a good player, but, at this point Kreji is better on more aspects[ PK and passing, set-up] . The only problems with the existing Bruins lineup is the declining capabilities on defense, starting with Ference. Second is the huge weight around the 4th line's effectiveness with Thornton; third, and equally important is the lack of a tough, scoring wing to play with Kelly and Peverly. Peter needs to fix these problems or they will start to bite him in the ----.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK. 

Quit saying what I'm thinking or people will start to talk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

People were posting trade 18 and Horton pop in two goals playing TB. Now trade Krejci who is off to good start.

If I want to trade someone at the moment will be Thornton. Nothing agst. Thorn but Pandolfo can do a better job with more ice time.

Is Kane on the trade block, last time i checked Chicago is the best team in the league standings wise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

People were posting trade 18 and Horton pop in two goals playing TB. Now trade Krejci who is off to good start.

If I want to trade someone at the moment will be Thornton. Nothing agst. Thorn but Pandolfo can do a better job with more ice time.

Is Kane on the trade block, last time i checked Chicago is the best team in the league standings wise.

Wrong Kane, they're talking about Evander. And no, he's not on the trade block.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

A few things i have to add. I believe Krejci is a monster in the playoffs as he has done so in the last few seasons and even before he got hurt in the playoffs VS the Flyers. As for Kane I like him but dont see the Jets making that move. As for the B's making a move I think they will look more to fix the 3rd and 4th lines then look to improve in the scoring section. Also think adding a defenseman would be great. I like Ference and he plays hard with lots of heart but I would like a more physical 6th-7th d-man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

And as I've said many times now, Kane is a LEFT WING. One post even mentioned that was fine because you could move Marchand down to the third line. Yeah, except all of a sudden that means you have no one playing RW on the second line. These fantasy trades that don't even consider team needs drive me nuts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to red75's comment:

And as I've said many times now, Kane is a LEFT WING. One post even mentioned that was fine because you could move Marchand down to the third line. Yeah, except all of a sudden that means you have no one playing RW on the second line. These fantasy trades that don't even consider team needs drive me nuts.

not to mention marchand is on a pace to tie with vanek for the LEAGUE LEAD IN GOALS. sure lets demote him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Just stop it.  I named the 6 fwds.  And news flash.  Its the nhl.  Players at fwd position can play other positions especially switching wings.  i dont want horton on the lw either.   did i mention stop it.  Ok good. 

No.  Not a new team.  I want chimera on the 3rd.  Presently a vacant spot there.  I want jackman for the 4th line bc he can play and can fight when the need arises.  ST to the bleachers, hes just a bad player and no longer fights.   And i want sarich for depth.  I dont trust AF this year and should there be any type of injury he can fill in and in my eyes is an upgrade back there.   

do you think the bruins are gonna have the current lineup when the playoffs start?  A 3rd line winger and a depth dman is a must in my eyes.  Not immediately, but prior to deadline. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

not to mention marchand is on a pace to tie with vanek for the LEAGUE LEAD IN GOALS. sure lets demote him.

Who demoted marchand?   Not me.  If dk is traded for kane which i said isnt happening i said you put seguin at center.  Kane easily could play right wing.  Just bc they shoot a left or right doesnt mean they have to play it.  Example?   Ovi for every year but this year.  Most players like shooting on the off wing.  

Sections
Shortcuts