WOUD YOU TRADE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: WOUD YOU TRADE

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You cannot get around Juliens coaching record in the playoffs nor him being fired by Lou Lam. Those are nit IFs nor is it crap.

In one thread you're blaming Pouliot for the Game 7 loss last year.  Here you are blaming Julien.

Which is it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You cannot get around Juliens coaching record in the playoffs nor him being fired by Lou Lam. Those are nit IFs nor is it crap.

In one thread you're blaming Pouliot for the Game 7 loss last year.  Here you are blaming Julien. Which is it ?

Don't change the subject and Pouliot was brought up by another poster on another thread.

What happened to all your relatives coming on here to show us what's up ?

Did they just laugh at you again ?...

3 game 7 losses at home for Julien. No ifs there...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Losing 3 game 7s at home is not good, it is terrible. Horton bailed Julien out of his 4th game 7 loss twice.

How else can anyone explain any of this scatterbrain/offensive posting this morning.

If Horton dosen't score and Montreal does that's Julien's 4th game 7 loss. The same could be said if Horton doesn't score in the Tampa game 7. Either way Julien gets bailed out.

Nobody could ever look worse than you after dropping what you are doing on a Friday night to call out a well respected poster on here but that almost topped your supposed movie theatre confession.

San is right on this point.  If the B's lost to the Habs in the 1st round 2009-10, seems likely that CJ would have been canned.

That said, I don't advocate firing CJ.  Far from it, guy has been a very good coach for the team.  My point was I would like to see him get more aggressive on the offensive side of things.  This does not mean being putrid defensively, just try tilt a little more to the offensive side of things. 

What is my evidence?  Continuing to "roll four" deep into the third period of close games. 

What else?  PP TOI.  Why is Marchand 5th on the team among forwards in PP TOI?  Seguin is 3rd?  Hamilton is 2nd behind Chara among d-men, but still only 7th on the team.  Chara leads the team @ 3:04, good for 138th in the league.  Seguin ranks 187th, while Marchand is 267th. 

The player owns maximizing his effort, while the coach owns putting players in the best position to be successful (maximizing thier abilities).  It cannot always just be about the system.  That is the stubborness that will get you fired someday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

San is right on this point.  If the B's lost to the Habs in the 1st round 2009-10, seems likely that CJ would have been canned.

He is right because you think Julien would have been fired?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Because of the "if" factor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Because of the "if" factor.

You are good at hiding behind someone.

Explain the game 7 loses at home ?

And how he wasn't out coached ?....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

I think the title of this tread should be changed.Nothing being

posted about the trade anymore

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

CJ's job is to maximize/optimize the roster that he is given by PC, so I agree that given the players he has on his team, he has made the right choices.

The game is not all about scoring and nobody emphasizes that more than CJ.  It would be great to see him recognize that scoring is a pretty important part of the game and get a little more aggressive from time-to-time.

No, it wouldn't.  The B's are 10-2-2.  Winning is more important than scoring.  I can't wait until the 2015-2016 season when CJ becomes the winningest coach in Bruins history and all you CJ haters can suck it.

Kind of an aggressive response to a fairly benign point?

The B's are 10-2-2, and that's great.  Guess what?  They were 49-29-4 last year, good enough for 102 regular season points and a 2nd seed in the confernece. 

What happened in the playoffs?  They scored 15 goals in 7 games (8.7% PP) and made a 3rd string goalie look like Ken Dryden.

Not "CJ Hating" to point out the facts and seek potential improvements.  Good thing we have a CJ fan-boy like you to celebrate things like regular season wins for us.  Here's hoping for a President's Trophy too!

great post!  i was going to use the dryden analagie too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Yes I do.  What do you think?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to paulbking's comment:

You need to use proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization. You never get anything right.

Would you like to know where you can go to learn all of this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK.  

Its not happening.  But i would like to see seguin at center. 

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Not happening and i dont want to touch the top 2 lines.  

I want sarich and jackman from calgary.  And i want chimera for the 3rd line. 

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

Just stop it.  I named the 6 fwds.  And news flash.  Its the nhl.  Players at fwd position can play other positions especially switching wings.  i dont want horton on the lw either.   did i mention stop it.  Ok good. 

No.  Not a new team.  I want chimera on the 3rd.  Presently a vacant spot there.  I want jackman for the 4th line bc he can play and can fight when the need arises.  ST to the bleachers, hes just a bad player and no longer fights.   And i want sarich for depth.  I dont trust AF this year and should there be any type of injury he can fill in and in my eyes is an upgrade back there.   

do you think the bruins are gonna have the current lineup when the playoffs start?  A 3rd line winger and a depth dman is a must in my eyes.  Not immediately, but prior to deadline. 

3rd line winger and a depth d man? absolutely reasonable. 3rd line winger, 4th line winger, d man, trading your leading scorer and top center for a winger, and then moving a winger to center to accomodate the move? not reasonable. 

You need to read better.  Ive said two times that i dont think this trade happens.  I would love it to happen.  But not gonna. I dont think we need a major upgrade which is why i continue to mention small upgrades on the bottom 6 and 7th def.  

right. i understand that. but you said that is what you would "like" to happen. and i'm just confused as to why you want so much turnover on what is a really good team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And another thread goes sideways...

CJ's four game 7 losses, in my head, look like this:

Turned the culture of this team around by pushing the Shabs to 7.  Lost the series but won the war because that was a key moment on the way to 2011.

Out-coached and out-'tended vs. Carolina for the first four games of the series, then unlucky with the Walker goal.  They dug a hole.  He almost got them out of it.

2009-10 was an awful year all around.  A 3-0 lead in the second round for a team that scored the fewest goals in the regular season (196) was surprising, but the tide turning when they lost their best offensive player at that time wasn't.  Hard to blame the coach for the team letting the Flyers back in it once they had a 3-0 lead in game 7, but he has to take  some of the blame.  That said, they came out flying and clearly ready to play.  They were well prepared.  They just didn't have the horses to hold on.

2011 - squares his record with the Bruins by winning three game 7s.

2012 - Dr. CC hit the nail with this one.  Hunter's plan was to play as though the Caps were on the PK the whole time and look for opportunistic goals.  The Bruins generate offense in two ways - transition from defense to offense, and forecheck/cycle.  Transition works best when the other team is actually attempting to score.  That's how you get the breakdowns that give your team space.  If the other team sits on its keister and never tries to attack, there's no opportunity to transition.  Forecheck/cycle works best when you can still retrieve the puck even if you lose a race for possession.  If the other team is trying to set up a breakout, you can pursue the puck and retrieve it.  If they just ice it or bang it out off the glass because they're not thinking offense, then you don't get a chance to break them down.  This Bruins team doesn't do the one-on-one shifty move against a box and 1 to get the puck to the middle of th eice or into good scoring areas.  It's not their skill set.  Ryder would try it endlessly and then lose the puck.  So - the Bruins are not built to attack a passive team.  The better the opposition, the better their offense works.  Hard to tell the coach he has to completely change the way his team plays so that they can't get rope-a-doped ever again.  And frankly, I don't think that would work better than 30% of the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No because Krejci is a center , is that better ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yah the 2008 season was conviently left out of GNBs report plus being fired, right before the end a season, by one of the greatest General Mangers over the last 25 years.

I left out '08 because CJ took a very bad team that shouldn't even have been in the playoffs and coached them to an 8th seed and then took the 1st seed Habs to seven games.

I don't care if a cocky Lou Lam thought he could do better than CJ in the playoffs.  It obviously didn't work out too well for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Win-Jets's comment:

I think the title of this tread should be changed.Nothing being

posted about the trade anymore

Read the original post again.  This thread had to be hijacked. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

No because Krejci is a center , is that better ?

eh eh

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

And another thread goes sideways...

CJ's four game 7 losses, in my head, look like this:

Turned the culture of this team around by pushing the Shabs to 7.  Lost the series but won the war because that was a key moment on the way to 2011.

Out-coached and out-'tended vs. Carolina for the first four games of the series, then unlucky with the Walker goal.  They dug a hole.  He almost got them out of it.

2009-10 was an awful year all around.  A 3-0 lead in the second round for a team that scored the fewest goals in the regular season (196) was surprising, but the tide turning when they lost their best offensive player at that time wasn't.  Hard to blame the coach for the team letting the Flyers back in it once they had a 3-0 lead in game 7, but he has to take  some of the blame.  That said, they came out flying and clearly ready to play.  They were well prepared.  They just didn't have the horses to hold on.

2011 - squares his record with the Bruins by winning three game 7s.

2012 - Dr. CC hit the nail with this one.  Hunter's plan was to play as though the Caps were on the PK the whole time and look for opportunistic goals.  The Bruins generate offense in two ways - transition from defense to offense, and forecheck/cycle.  Transition works best when the other team is actually attempting to score.  That's how you get the breakdowns that give your team space.  If the other team sits on its keister and never tries to attack, there's no opportunity to transition.  Forecheck/cycle works best when you can still retrieve the puck even if you lose a race for possession.  If the other team is trying to set up a breakout, you can pursue the puck and retrieve it.  If they just ice it or bang it out off the glass because they're not thinking offense, then you don't get a chance to break them down.  This Bruins team doesn't do the one-on-one shifty move against a box and 1 to get the puck to the middle of th eice or into good scoring areas.  It's not their skill set.  Ryder would try it endlessly and then lose the puck.  So - the Bruins are not built to attack a passive team.  The better the opposition, the better their offense works.  Hard to tell the coach he has to completely change the way his team plays so that they can't get rope-a-doped ever again.  And frankly, I don't think that would work better than 30% of the time.

you book, are consistently the best poster on this board and are worth reading!  KUDOS! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

You need to use proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization. You never get anything right.

i want you to review all my post's   and check back in with the corections..............HURRY UP!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

i want you to review all my post's   and check back in with the corections..............HURRY UP!

You can kiss the opening I have behind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK.  

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

Just stop it.  I named the 6 fwds.  And news flash.  Its the nhl.  Players at fwd position can play other positions especially switching wings.  i dont want horton on the lw either.   did i mention stop it.  Ok good. 

No.  Not a new team.  I want chimera on the 3rd.  Presently a vacant spot there.  I want jackman for the 4th line bc he can play and can fight when the need arises.  ST to the bleachers, hes just a bad player and no longer fights.   And i want sarich for depth.  I dont trust AF this year and should there be any type of injury he can fill in and in my eyes is an upgrade back there.   

do you think the bruins are gonna have the current lineup when the playoffs start?  A 3rd line winger and a depth dman is a must in my eyes.  Not immediately, but prior to deadline. 

3rd line winger and a depth d man? absolutely reasonable. 3rd line winger, 4th line winger, d man, trading your leading scorer and top center for a winger, and then moving a winger to center to accomodate the move? not reasonable. 

You need to read better.  Ive said two times that i dont think this trade happens.  I would love it to happen.  But not gonna. I dont think we need a major upgrade which is why i continue to mention small upgrades on the bottom 6 and 7th def.  

right. i understand that. but you said that is what you would "like" to happen. and i'm just confused as to why you want so much turnover on what is a really good team.

Simply put.  We are a two line team at the moment.  We are winning so i understand patience waiting until teams fall out.  3rd line winger.  We need one to help kelly and pev.  4th line grit.  I like jackman bc he can kill some penalties and pot the occasional goal.  He also is willing to drop the gloves.  

i think we need another dman.  I dont like the way AF has been playing and depth on the backend is needed in a long playoff run.  I mentioned sarich bc he has a friendly cap hit of 2 million and can do what AF does, he also is a gritty hard hitting playoff type dman.  If AF wants too much he can go.  

Its not a lot of turnover.  Its adding to 3 areas that i see as a weakness. I think this team can win it all with some tweeks.  I dont think a move of any of the top 6 is nec.   I said i would do a dk for kane move in a minute.  I dont think it happens.  

This team wont win with 2 lines.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Simply put.  We are a two line team at the moment.  We are winning so i understand patience waiting until teams fall out.  3rd line winger.  We need one to help kelly and pev.  4th line grit.  I like jackman bc he can kill some penalties and pot the occasional goal.  He also is willing to drop the gloves.  

i think we need another dman.  I dont like the way AF has been playing and depth on the backend is needed in a long playoff run.  I mentioned sarich bc he has a friendly cap hit of 2 million and can do what AF does, he also is a gritty hard hitting playoff type dman.  If AF wants too much he can go.  

Its not a lot of turnover.  Its adding to 3 areas that i see as a weakness. I think this team can win it all with some tweeks.  I dont think a move of any of the top 6 is nec.   I said i would do a dk for kane move in a minute.  I dont think it happens.  

so, if you could wake up in the morning and have DK gone with Kane, and the 3 other players you suggested added, you would approve? and we'll just say for arguments sake we have to give up 1 good prospect, 2 mid level prospects, and a mid level pick to get it done

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

so, if you could wake up in the morning and have DK gone with Kane, and the 3 other players you suggested added, you would approve? and we'll just say for arguments sake we have to give up 1 good prospect, 2 mid level prospects, and a mid level pick to get it done

Yes.  

If i could wake up tomorrow with kane, chimera, jackman and sarich for dk and what you offered. Yes.  as quickly as i could make it happen.  

I however dont think dk for kane will happen.  And i am content with upgrading the areas of weakness which are 3-4th line depth and another veteran dman for a long playoff run.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don't let me start on Rick Bowness .... LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You are 100% correct. I am known for not having an opinion of my own. Ridiculous comment.

And here's a question for you. How have recent cup winning coaches (with teams as talented as the Bruins) Babcock, Bylsma and Quennville fared with avoiding first round knockout's and repeating as champions the last few years ?

Are these three just as bad of a coach as Julien ? 

You are either very naive on how hard it is to succeeed in the playoffs or just plain..........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sections
Shortcuts