Re: WOUD YOU TRADE

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You are good at hiding behind someone.

Explain the game 7 loses at home ?

And how he wasn't out coached ?....

Don't let me start on Rick Bowness .... LOL

This pretty well says it all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

You are good at hiding behind someone.

You are 100% correct. I am known for not having an opinion of my own. Ridiculous comment.

And here's a question for you. How have recent cup winning coaches (with teams as talented as the Bruins) Babcock, Bylsma and Quennville fared with avoiding first round knockout's and repeating as champions the last few years ?

Are these three just as bad of a coach as Julien ? 

You are either very naive on how hard it is to succeeed in the playoffs or just plain..........

If that is your answer the you are the king of being naive. I don't care about those other coaches, stop deflecting your answers and stop hiding behind others. If you don't want to answer, don't answer.

Why has Julien lost three game 7s at home ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

This pretty well says it all.

This whole conversation is typical of many fans here.  Julien starts out with a rotten team that missed the playoffs and clawed his way to a Cup, but let's ignore that and crucify him for losing in (AND WINNING!) in seven games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

I would't trade but I would have Krejci on the same line as Seguin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK.  

Its not happening.  But i would like to see seguin at center. 

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Not happening and i dont want to touch the top 2 lines.  

I want sarich and jackman from calgary.  And i want chimera for the 3rd line. 

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

Just stop it.  I named the 6 fwds.  And news flash.  Its the nhl.  Players at fwd position can play other positions especially switching wings.  i dont want horton on the lw either.   did i mention stop it.  Ok good. 

No.  Not a new team.  I want chimera on the 3rd.  Presently a vacant spot there.  I want jackman for the 4th line bc he can play and can fight when the need arises.  ST to the bleachers, hes just a bad player and no longer fights.   And i want sarich for depth.  I dont trust AF this year and should there be any type of injury he can fill in and in my eyes is an upgrade back there.   

do you think the bruins are gonna have the current lineup when the playoffs start?  A 3rd line winger and a depth dman is a must in my eyes.  Not immediately, but prior to deadline. 

3rd line winger and a depth d man? absolutely reasonable. 3rd line winger, 4th line winger, d man, trading your leading scorer and top center for a winger, and then moving a winger to center to accomodate the move? not reasonable. 

You need to read better.  Ive said two times that i dont think this trade happens.  I would love it to happen.  But not gonna. I dont think we need a major upgrade which is why i continue to mention small upgrades on the bottom 6 and 7th def.  

right. i understand that. but you said that is what you would "like" to happen. and i'm just confused as to why you want so much turnover on what is a really good team.

Simply put.  We are a two line team at the moment.  We are winning so i understand patience waiting until teams fall out.  3rd line winger.  We need one to help kelly and pev.  4th line grit.  I like jackman bc he can kill some penalties and pot the occasional goal.  He also is willing to drop the gloves.  

i think we need another dman.  I dont like the way AF has been playing and depth on the backend is needed in a long playoff run.  I mentioned sarich bc he has a friendly cap hit of 2 million and can do what AF does, he also is a gritty hard hitting playoff type dman.  If AF wants too much he can go.  

Its not a lot of turnover.  Its adding to 3 areas that i see as a weakness. I think this team can win it all with some tweeks.  I dont think a move of any of the top 6 is nec.   I said i would do a dk for kane move in a minute.  I dont think it happens.  

This team wont win with 2 lines.  

so, if you could wake up in the morning and have DK gone with Kane, and the 3 other players you suggested added, you would approve? and we'll just say for arguments sake we have to give up 1 good prospect, 2 mid level prospects, and a mid level pick to get it done

Yes.  

If i could wake up tomorrow with kane, chimera, jackman and sarich for dk and what you offered. Yes.  as quickly as i could make it happen.  

I however dont think dk for kane will happen.  And i am content with upgrading the areas of weakness which are 3-4th line depth and another veteran dman for a long playoff run.  

my point is why would you want that kane deal? you said it yourself the top 6 is carrying this team right now. why mess with it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is this really necessary?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like kane a lot.  Mainly for doing something the bruins couldnt.  His one punch of cooke is just awesome.  

Kane is very young, i think hes very immature.  But i also see a lot of iggy in him.  He can dominate, plays power game, skilled and can flat out fly.  If this offer were even close to being valid i would do it in a heart beat but thats based a lot of my not really being a fan of DK.  

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

if you want seguin at center why do you have him listed at left wing? and do you want a whole new team while you're at it?

Just stop it.  I named the 6 fwds.  And news flash.  Its the nhl.  Players at fwd position can play other positions especially switching wings.  i dont want horton on the lw either.   did i mention stop it.  Ok good. 

No.  Not a new team.  I want chimera on the 3rd.  Presently a vacant spot there.  I want jackman for the 4th line bc he can play and can fight when the need arises.  ST to the bleachers, hes just a bad player and no longer fights.   And i want sarich for depth.  I dont trust AF this year and should there be any type of injury he can fill in and in my eyes is an upgrade back there.   

do you think the bruins are gonna have the current lineup when the playoffs start?  A 3rd line winger and a depth dman is a must in my eyes.  Not immediately, but prior to deadline. 

3rd line winger and a depth d man? absolutely reasonable. 3rd line winger, 4th line winger, d man, trading your leading scorer and top center for a winger, and then moving a winger to center to accomodate the move? not reasonable. 

You need to read better.  Ive said two times that i dont think this trade happens.  I would love it to happen.  But not gonna. I dont think we need a major upgrade which is why i continue to mention small upgrades on the bottom 6 and 7th def.  

right. i understand that. but you said that is what you would "like" to happen. and i'm just confused as to why you want so much turnover on what is a really good team.

Simply put.  We are a two line team at the moment.  We are winning so i understand patience waiting until teams fall out.  3rd line winger.  We need one to help kelly and pev.  4th line grit.  I like jackman bc he can kill some penalties and pot the occasional goal.  He also is willing to drop the gloves.  

i think we need another dman.  I dont like the way AF has been playing and depth on the backend is needed in a long playoff run.  I mentioned sarich bc he has a friendly cap hit of 2 million and can do what AF does, he also is a gritty hard hitting playoff type dman.  If AF wants too much he can go.  

Its not a lot of turnover.  Its adding to 3 areas that i see as a weakness. I think this team can win it all with some tweeks.  I dont think a move of any of the top 6 is nec.   I said i would do a dk for kane move in a minute.  I dont think it happens.  

so, if you could wake up in the morning and have DK gone with Kane, and the 3 other players you suggested added, you would approve? and we'll just say for arguments sake we have to give up 1 good prospect, 2 mid level prospects, and a mid level pick to get it done

Yes.  

If i could wake up tomorrow with kane, chimera, jackman and sarich for dk and what you offered. Yes.  as quickly as i could make it happen.  

I however dont think dk for kane will happen.  And i am content with upgrading the areas of weakness which are 3-4th line depth and another veteran dman for a long playoff run.  

my point is why would you want that kane deal? you said it yourself the top 6 is carrying this team right now. why mess with it?

Bc kane is a stud young player with a mountain of potential and is stuck in winnipeg.  Bruins fans would love him.  I dont like dk.  Im very content with the top 6 but if any offer improves the team short and long term i do it.  i wouldnt trade anyone from thje bergie line or lucic.  If the right offer came for horton or dk i would do it.  Y

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Shupe I'm with you on the Kane for DK thing, but not this year. The reason I say that is because, inspite of Seguin once being a center; I wouldn't want to move him there for a short season & expect big things right away. I'd like to have a full season to get him re-aquainted at center full time. The other thing is that I'm the type that don't mess with what works. I understand you're not a DK fan, but he's more often than not, performed well in the play-offs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Shupe, what do you have against David Krejci?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Krejci can pass, score and is a very good defensive center. Kane is young, quick, can score, but is a horrible back-checker, terribly over-valued for his contract and gets caught watching the play in his own zone allot.

NO!

Isnt he also a selfish whiner?

I would not trade a line 1 center for a player with line 1 wing potential.  Especially considering that the winger in question has been a team distraction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Krejci can pass, score and is a very good defensive center. Kane is young, quick, can score, but is a horrible back-checker, terribly over-valued for his contract and gets caught watching the play in his own zone allot.

NO!

I would not trade a line 1 center for a player with line 1 wing potential.  Especially considering that the winger in question has been a team distraction.

How has he distracted this team since the season started? He's doing his expectations with just under a pt a game. I think he's shown more than just potential.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

NO!

Kane has a ton of talent and yes he needs to real in some of his quips that make him look bad. Winnipeg needs to build around him sense they signed him to that extension not put pluggers like Wheeler as his center.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

NO!

How has he distracted this team since the season started? He's doing his expectations with just under a pt a game. I think he's shown more than just potential.

He hasnt shown that he is a perennial line 1 winger. He has shown that he has potential to be a line 1 winger.  He has shown that he belongs in the league.  He has shown that he is a good winger.

He has also shown questionable character.

I dont hate the guy.  Just not worth DK.  Very few players are.  I dont know why most of the trades on this board begin w DK.

We are a cup contending team.  If we trade, we should trade prospects/picks.  Not some kind of rob peter to pay paul, zero sum, neutral trade.

2nd rd pick for a good third line winger.

or 1st and 2nd for more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Not a fan.  No biggie.  Kane has the potential to be a surpeme pwr fwd.  i dont think there is a need to trade anyone off the top 6. But if this were a deal in place yes i would do it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Seguin kane lucic. 

Horton bergie marchand.  

Yes.  

Bc kane is a stud young player with a mountain of potential and is stuck in winnipeg.  Bruins fans would love him.  I dont like dk.  Im very content with the top 6 but if any offer improves the team short and long term i do it.  i wouldnt trade anyone from thje bergie line or lucic.  If the right offer came for horton or dk i would do it.  Y

sorry but if you think Kane is better than DK right now you need to watch more closely. That trade might not be a bad one to do in the off season, but not now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

NO!

He hasnt shown that he is a perennial line 1 winger. He has shown that he has potential to be a line 1 winger.  He has shown that he belongs in the league.  He has shown that he is a good winger.

He has also shown questionable character.

I dont hate the guy.  Just not worth DK.  Very few players are.  I dont know why most of the trades on this board begin w DK.

We are a cup contending team.  If we trade, we should trade prospects/picks.  Not some kind of rob peter to pay paul, zero sum, neutral trade.

2nd rd pick for a good third line winger.

or 1st and 2nd for more.

60 pts doesn't equate to being a perrennial winger? That's what Lucic & Horton gets.

What's he done to show bad character that the media didn't blow it out of proportion?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bostonfan,

i will say the same to you.  As it stands he has more pts and certainly doesnt have close to the talent surrounding him.  His goal totals continue to climb annually.  At the end of last year he was one of the best players in the league.  

As i said, i see a lot of iggy in kane.  He can dominate.  He has world class speed, is a gifted goal scorer, hits and can drop the mits.  

you ask me whos better now and in five yrs and i will repeat kanes name.  He is a better player now and is going to be a better player in 5 yrs.  i would love him in a bruins jersey.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In fact he would lead the bruins in scoring, he also would rank a close 2nd in hits with 53.  Simply put, if kane had some talent surrounding him he would be a superstar.   everything about his game is improving.  He can beat you in many different ways.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

first, if we're going to get into a stat war, i have zero faith in the hits statistic. second, krejci has a higher points per game output at this point in the season. Me personally, i always value the center more, and in CJs system that has served the team so very well over the years, when you find a center that can be high scoring, and maintain CJs trust in all situations, don't move on from him lightly. While there is no question that the prospect of moving seguin to center and introducing Kane into the top 6 has a much higher potential in the future, i think it is far too big of a gamble right now to thrust seguin into a top 6 center roll. CJ doesn't know him there, CJ doesn't think he's ready, and I trust him. The centers need to be dominant defensive forwards, Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell. Krejci isn't dominant defensively, but he's very very good, and the rest are dominant defensive centers. On paper, you're right. For this team, and this coach, I have to disagree. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

first, if we're going to get into a stat war, i have zero faith in the hits statistic. second, krejci has a higher points per game output at this point in the season. Me personally, i always value the center more, and in CJs system that has served the team so very well over the years, when you find a center that can be high scoring, and maintain CJs trust in all situations, don't move on from him lightly. While there is no question that the prospect of moving seguin to center and introducing Kane into the top 6 has a much higher potential in the future, i think it is far too big of a gamble right now to thrust seguin into a top 6 center roll. CJ doesn't know him there, CJ doesn't think he's ready, and I trust him. The centers need to be dominant defensive forwards, Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell. Krejci isn't dominant defensively, but he's very very good, and the rest are dominant defensive centers. On paper, you're right. For this team, and this coach, I have to disagree. 

i dont think dk is a high scoring center.  I think he goes long periods of being invisible.  If he didnt snag his pts i dont find him valuable.  you cant say the same about kanes gm.  

The hits statistic to me is important.  Sure they can be off.  But 53 hits is a lot of contact.  kane to me has a mile high amount of potential.  Dk may play a nice balanced game but if he is your number one center he should be able to qb a pp.  dk cant.  

to each his own.  but i dont think dk game is better.  I think kane is a stud.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i dont think dk is a high scoring center.  I think he goes long periods of being invisible.  If he didnt snag his pts i dont find him valuable.  you cant say the same about kanes gm.  

The hits statistic to me is important.  Sure they can be off.  But 53 hits is a lot of contact.  kane to me has a mile high amount of potential.  Dk may play a nice balanced game but if he is your number one center he should be able to qb a pp.  dk cant.  

to each his own.  but i dont think dk game is better.  I think kane is a stud.  

Krejci's value to the bruins because of his defensive responsibility is higher than his value to most teams. There are plenty of third line centers for CJ, like Kelly, but there are only a handful of centers that can be as defensively responsible as Krejci while consistently putting up 60+ points.

Krejci was 46th in scoring last year, 17th among centers

39th the year before, 21st among centers

not even mentioning what he's done in the playoffs. 

to do that as a center in CJs system is impressive. don't let that go when you're a contender

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am not trying to bad mouth dk.  Very consistent and agree with your pts about him.  Just shows how much i like kane. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Bostonfan,

i will say the same to you.  As it stands he has more pts and certainly doesnt have close to the talent surrounding him.  His goal totals continue to climb annually.  At the end of last year he was one of the best players in the league.  

As i said, i see a lot of iggy in kane.  He can dominate.  He has world class speed, is a gifted goal scorer, hits and can drop the mits.  

you ask me whos better now and in five yrs and i will repeat kanes name.  He is a better player now and is going to be a better player in 5 yrs.  i would love him in a bruins jersey.  

Jets won't trade Kane for Krejci even up. But Kane would be a better

player with the Bruins. Kind of his style of play

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

I am not trying to bad mouth dk.  Very consistent and agree with your pts about him.  Just shows how much i like kane. 

You are not wrong. Kane can be a power player if he wants to be. DK i think makes his linemates better.Wouldn't mind him on Jets roster

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Not a fan.  No biggie.  Kane has the potential to be a surpeme pwr fwd.  i dont think there is a need to trade anyone off the top 6. But if this were a deal in place yes i would do it.  

Ok, but you didn't answer the question. What do you have against him?