Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's

In Response to Re: Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's:
    hes a traitor just like his pal joe thorton we dont need him
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

How are him and Joe traitors? For being traded?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

If we could go back in time about 10 years I'd love to have him back.

He's lost more than a step and a half since then & as said already guys like Caron need to get a longer look, which won't happen w/Sergei taking up minutes.

I'd even prefer Miro back over Sergei but I'd actually prefer neither.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's : Why would you shake your head at signing a 4th overall pick whose only 24 & still has time to be better for 1yr @ 1.1?
    Posted by nitemare-38

This former 4th overall pick you are talking about hasn't proven his worth in the NHL & has a long way to go to do so. There has to be a reason the Habs gave up on him. I know it's a low risk & high reward deal, but I guess I just don't like the idea of ex Habs castoffs being on the team. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

NO !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

I always Liked Sammy hence my name!  Im not sure he has ever been the same since leaving Boston! Not sure he could regain the magic and status he had when he was here!  Also not sure we have a spot for him! He was a good set up puck handler on the PP though!
    Hard to belive we got Lucic from the Draft pick we got in return.  If we signed him now it would be house money!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No, he would take away a spot from Pouliot, Caron, or another rook. You know what you're going to get with Samsonov, that's the problem. I think Pouliot could be a surprise while I'd like to see one of the guys from the A come up and impress. If the Bs add anyone, I'd expect it to be a solid 2 way player that can play against opposing top forward lines, Samsonov doesn't fit that bill. Let Seguin fill the roll that Samsonov would.
    Posted by nrguy

Exactly.  I've little doubt Samsonov could fill some form of role on a club that needs the services his skill set can provide.  With who the club has in the wings pushing for jobs, I don't think he's required on the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins.  Man, that sounds good!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

We don't need Sammy.  WE have guys in Prov chomping at the bit to get up plus Pouliot is still unproven.  I like Paille much better than Sammy...plus we have Caron, Spooner, Knight fighting for a spot and are so much quikcer than Sammy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's : So Samsonove didn't help the Oilers go the cup finals in 06; nor help the Canes get to the CF's in 09? I remember him scoring at least two big goals against the B's in that series.                     
    Posted by nitemare-38

For Edmonton, he played 24 games in the '06 series.

Four goals, 11 assists

Give that player a contract based on that!  He played all seven games in the Finals that year.  One goal, zero assists.

Get me his agent!  Of course, we're talking about five years ago on a different team in a difference conference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

He's ideally a 3rd line winger these days, and that means the Bruins don't need him. Sturm? Yes, I'd take another shot. Knuble? Absolutely. Sammy or Satan? Pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Knuble or Rolston in a heartbeat.  2 of my favorite players from the past 10 years.  Sturm...I love the guy and his game, but I think he's damaged goods now, which is really too bad. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

He's a talented player that doesn't paly Bruins-style hockey. He's another guy that can be a positive contributor to an NHL club... but he's not a good fit for this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Geezus man, whats your point?  You like the guy and said youd like to see him back and asked if others thought the same.  So far, one other person maybe?  Do I think he helped those teams every night, all season, all playoffs:  No.  Do I think he scored some good points at the right times:  Yes. 
    Posted by bigvig

I never said I wanted him back! I said not on this B's team. THENNN! I said some scenarios where I said some IF's! THENNN! I said the curious side of me would like to see what he could do with DK; IF one of the IF's did happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's : For Edmonton, he played 24 games in the '06 series. Four goals, 11 assists Give that player a contract based on that!  He played all seven games in the Finals that year.  One goal, zero assists. Get me his agent!  Of course, we're talking about five years ago on a different team in a difference conference.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

No NAS. Seaobrien said he didn't bring ANYTHING to any of the of the other teams he played on. Samsonov; Hemskey & Horcroft were awesome that spring. Especially in the Detroit series. I had Sammy & Hemskey in my play-off pool that yr. I also took Pronger. I was the only one with Oilers & those 3 helped me win $400. I loaded up with Sabers & I had Stillman from the Canes.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's : This former 4th overall pick you are talking about hasn't proven his worth in the NHL & has a long way to go to do so. There has to be a reason the Habs gave up on him. I know it's a low risk & high reward deal, but I guess I just don't like the idea of ex Habs castoffs being on the team. Maybe he will prove me wrong.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Well one of those castoffs just helped your favourite team win a cup. He scored big goals & made one hellva save! If Poulie can do half that for what the B's are paying him. I could care less where he was a castoff from.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

RASK FOR BACKUP OF THE YEAR.I DESERVE IT.
    Posted by tukka-fall

My lord you're a knob!

Sections
Shortcuts