Would Iginla have been productive in Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Would Iginla have been productive in Boston?

What do you think?

Would the Boston system & coaching have gotten more out of Iginla than the Pens did?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Would Iginla have been productive in Boston?

Thats a tough question allright. At first blush and when the trade was announced that he was coming to Boston i thought he would be a great fit on the third line. Iggy plays a north south game, can score,good on the pp which the B's needed help on but the way he played in Pitt at least in the playoffs has me wondering. He looked worn out and slow and that wouldn't have changed playing for the B's. Winning though can make a player look better than he is playing and the same could be said about JJ at times, but JJ bought into the way the B's play and has contributed in other ways, maybe the same would have applied to Iggy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Actually he was...if you review the McQuaid goal in Game 4 more closely, technically it was Iginla who scored it.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=258212&cmpid=embed-share-video

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Most probably ...why ?   Because Claude Julien has to be the best coach in the NHL 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree that Julien would have found the best spot for him to excel but you were never getting the Iginla of a few years ago because he is not at that level anymore,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

I agree that Julien would have found the best spot for him to excel but you were never getting the Iginla of a few years ago because he is not at that level anymore,

My first thoughts were he'd be productive being on the Bruins rather than facing them.  Presumably he would be on the third line with Kelly and Peverley, huntbri?  His center would be checker Kelly who can chip in goals as witnessed by last year's 20 with his career high of 23 assists coming in 06/07 with Ottawa but he's not a set-up guy.

So it's not like he'd have someone like Craig Conroy, his center back in 01/02 for his 52 goal season.  Conroy also had 75 pts.  He couldn't get rolling within that vaunted offense and their two all-world centers on their top two lines so I say no. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think he would have been more productive in this past series on the Bruins simply because we would not have been going against Chara.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Who's Iginla?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

After seeing how lazy he was in his own zone, I'd say no.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

After seeing how lazy he was in his own zone, I'd say no.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

I wonder if he would have been allowed to be that lazy in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Who's Iginla?

Exactly what I was thinking!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Yes he would have, a better fit for him, you cant fault his play in the finals directly on him, he seemed to have just given up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

No, he would have been a nice addition to the second line. His playoff points were noteworthy after a so so regular season.  A Bs fan cannot complain on that point.  Yet no is the answer.  In a defense first system, his totals for the playoffs would have been no better than Jagr's. I thought he would be more of a physical presence on the Pens, I thought he would have had some magic with Crosby, and certainly his leadership qualities were subdued with so many stars.  Those factors are transferable to the Bs as well.  Magic with Bergeron?  Leadership needed on the Bs? Bartkowski was also a huge help in the Rangers series!  BTW I wanted Iginla over Jagr.  Once again I know shiite on these matters. Hehe.  

Don't judge me monkey!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Altho the Penguins were a team of no-shows I thought Iginla showed a little in that series, but you can point out several bad moments for Iginla, true.

I think the Bruins could have gotten more out of him, I was expecting hints of Lucic type play from him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I was pretty excited when I heard the deal had pretty much been done (and pretty bummed when it fell through). I really felt he would be rejuvinated in Boston, especially given the character of the team and the fact they seem to bond fast with new players. I also felt that he fit the mould of a Bruin....tough (not afraid to drop the gloves/use the body) and could still score.

All that being said, it's all in the past, and I'm extremely happy with how things worked out for the Bruins with Jagr.