Would it be irresponsible for CJ to play TT the rest of the way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Would it be irresponsible for CJ to play TT the rest of the way?

We know that TT says that the more he plays, the better he plays.  If the B's don't have things clinched and Ottowa keeps hanging around until April, would you foresee TT playing out the string?

Personally, I do.  I think he plays until their playoff spot has been settled.  Turco can't handle the speed of the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Would it be irresponsible for CJ to play TT the rest of the way?

Fully agree Nite. Would like to see Tim get a rest, but, until tops in the division is nailed, he needs to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm fine with it. There is some stat that says if a goaltender plays more than a certain number of games in a season (I think it's 70 or 72) then his team has never won the cup.  Even if Thomas plays out the rest, he won't come close to that number. I actually think he needs these games to work out the kinks. Play him until the spot is clinched, then rest him before the playoffs start and ensure that he doesn't get injured.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

ride him, let him skip a practice if he needs a rest. I think the tired goalie is way overblown anyways..goalies want to play, especially when u get in a groove.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I totally agree. I've never played with a goalie who said he was too tired to play a game, and I've never seen one who played poorly because of playing a lot. I think the tire player thing in general is overblown. Players get tired from a real busy stretch, especially with traveling, but give them a few days off and they are recharged.

In Response to Re: Would it be irresponsible for CJ to play TT the rest of the way?:
    [QUOTE]ride him, let him skip a practice if he needs a rest. I think the tired goalie is way overblown anyways..goalies want to play, especially when u get in a groove.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I think he needs to rest on the second half of back to back games. That happens this weekend and next. Thats 2 starts for Turco. Tuukka is also hoping to make a start before the regular season ends. I would like to see him start the final game against BUF unless there is something on the line.
    For what it's worth, I'm disappointed in TT's decision to suit up the day after the Leafs game for the optional skate. Now I know most of you will say that he has played fine since then but it was an opportunity to rest and he owes it to his team to take advantage of opportunities to rest when he can. Even though he may have felt great that day, I believe there is a cummulative effect that takes it's toll during the season that wears players down. I felt it was a poor decision on his part.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Would it be irresponsible for CJ to play TT the rest of the way?:
    [QUOTE]I'm fine with it. There is some stat that says if a goaltender plays more than a certain number of games in a season (I think it's 70 or 72) then his team has never won the cup.  Even if Thomas plays out the rest, he won't come close to that number. I actually think he needs these games to work out the kinks. Play him until the spot is clinched, then rest him before the playoffs start and ensure that he doesn't get injured.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree all of what you say. 
    Like Hang is saying TT is a goalie that the more he plays, gets into a groove , gets better and better.  Always not surpassing the 72 game threshold. We saw this in the playoffs.
    When the Bruins were on fire back in November he played like 90% of the games. It's when he started sharing duty with Rask (not that I disagree) that is when he started to slip a little,  he was good but not the same as the streak in November.
    Right now since they lost the 1st game to SJ it's almost as if they cannot stumble again on this road trip. Florida and Ottawa are too close.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]ride him, let him skip a practice if he needs a rest. I think the tired goalie is way overblown anyways..goalies want to play, especially when u get in a groove.

well, he is 38 not 28 and that does make a difference, i dont think turco is as bad as people here say he is, Thomas could use a few days in a row off,

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Khudobin is starting in Providence tonight and more than likely the rest of the weekend as the P-Bruins need all the points they can get. Providence has a slight chance to get into the AHL playoffs. During the week me thinks Anton will get some starts with the big Bs as well because he is going to back Thomas up all through the post season.

Thomas will get some nights off but not many before the playoffs start and I don't think he cares. Thomas once again can show me he can shutdown really good offensive teams when he wants too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Lundquist said that his playoff performance last year was because he played too much and was tired. Mabye an excuse, just saying....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Exactly.  We've read and heard goalies say this for years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think Turco will get another couple of starts as long as he doesn't get bombed, otherwise, Claude probably leans on Thomas the rest of the way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]Lundquist said that his playoff performance last year was because he played too much and was tired. Mabye an excuse, just saying....
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]

Is that his excuse?  I thought he didn't play well because TT didn't "pump his tires."  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Turco probably will play Sunday. No reason to play TT every game. He is going to play every game in the playoffs...plenty more reason to not play him every game. Getting in the playoffs is all that counts. Not even home advantage is worth killing TT over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Turco probably will play Sunday. No reason to play TT every game. He is going to play every game in the playoffs...plenty more reason to not play him every game. Getting in the playoffs is all that counts. Not even home advantage is worth killing TT over.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

They lose tomorrow I'm not so sure you'll see Turco on Sunday. Just keep playing TT until his game tells you he is tired. I don't think it'll get to that, and it's almost impossible for a goaltender to get tired in the playoffs with all the days off in between. If this were an Olympic year with a more condensed schedule I could see how there might be concern,,I'd be more concerned about someone like Chara wearing down before i would be about TT.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Play him in tandem, the same way they did last year, except this year it's Turco you play instead of Rask....If the Bruins didn't think Turco could win a game here or there, they wouldn't have signed him....To me the bigger question is when is Rask back ? and when do you give him his starting games back ? And another side question, will the Bruins use Turco in Providence and keep him in game shape ?

And here's a thought. If Turco gets in to a few games and looks good and Rask dosen't come back from his injury until the playoffs have just started, do you take Turco into the playoffs with you ? Or do you automatically dress Rask and sit Turco ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Play him in tandem, the same way they did last year, except this year it's Turco you play instead of Rask....If the Bruins didn't think Turco could win a game here or there, they wouldn't have signed him....To me the bigger question is when is Rask back ? and when do you give him his starting games back ? And another side question, will the Bruins use Turco in Providence and keep him in game shape ? And here's a thought. If Turco gets in to a few games and looks good and Rask dosen't come back from his injury until the playoffs have just started, do you take Turco into the playoffs with you ? Or do you automatically dress Rask and sit Turco ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

With the B's #2 and #3 goalies hurt, and no confidence in their #4, they had to go out and get someone with NHL experience.  Turco was the best available, but by no means was he someone who could jump right in and help the team win games.  He's just an insurance policy.

As far as Rask goes, when he's healthy, he'll be the back-up again, and depending on when that is and where the B's are in the playoff race, may or may not be thrown into action.  Once Rask is back, it will be goodbye Turco.  He isn't eligible for the playoffs since he was acquired after the trade deadline.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It would be irresponsible for CJ to not play TT the rest of the way if the playoff picture is not settled.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would it be irresponsible for CJ to play TT the rest of the way? : With the B's #2 and #3 goalies hurt, and no confidence in their #4, they had to go out and get someone with NHL experience.  Turco was the best available, but by no means was he someone who could jump right in and help the team win games.  He's just an insurance policy. As far as Rask goes, when he's healthy, he'll be the back-up again, and depending on when that is and where the B's are in the playoff race, may or may not be thrown into action.  Once Rask is back, it will be goodbye Turco.  He isn't eligible for the playoffs since he was acquired after the trade deadline.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hangnail...I forgot that Turco wasn't available for playoff duty...Your right...Rask will be on the bench  (barring a set back)...Does that mean we will see Hutchison again ?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would it be irresponsible for CJ to play TT the rest of the way? : Thanks Hangnail...I forgot that Turco wasn't available for playoff duty...Your right...Rask will be on the bench  (barring a set back)...Does that mean we will see Hutchison again ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Hutchison is behind the zamboni driver on the depth chart!