Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense?

Both players are grossly overpaid at the moment and both are locked in until at least 2020. Van would actually be taking on some salary if they made the deal. Both clubs have needs that could be met with this deal. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense?

Honestly? I suppose it makes sense from a GM perspective, but as fans I could care less what happens to either.

Meh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It would work money wise at the very least and both teams have to do something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Leaky Lu just said on TSN that he would waive his no trade if it helped the team, he's as good as gone.Where is anyones guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense?:
    Both players are grossly overpaid at the moment and both are locked in until at least 2020. Van would actually be taking on some salary if they made the deal. Both clubs have needs that could be met with this deal. Thoughts?
    Posted by dezaruchi

I find this hysterically funny for some reason, somehow Montreal has to get into the act for a 3 way, which would make it even funnier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm not a big Lou fan but I like this quote

"It's going to be what's best for the team," said Luongo. "Whatever scenario that is, I'm okay with it - whether that involves me being here or not is okay. We've got a lot of potential in this locker room, there's a great core of guys, and the chance to do something special."

"They've got a guy [Schneider] here that is going to be a superstar in this league for the next 10, 12, 15 years," said Luongo. "It is a business and that's the way it goes. I loved being here the last six years. I think my career has really taken off and we did some incredible things. If I'm here in the future, then great. If I'm not, that's good also."

Shows some class. Lou has taken far too much of the blame for the downfalls of the Canucks. He's been a factor but not the only one - yeah the Bruins put three past him in game 7 last year in their own barn, but unless you're counting on your goalie to get a hattrick you can't really lay that loss on him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense?:
    In Response to Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense? : I find this hysterically funny for some reason, somehow Montreal has to get into the act for a 3 way, which would make it even funnier.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Leaky Lu to Tampa,Lecavalier to Montreal, Gomez and Gorges to Vancouver.Get'er done. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Not to be picky but if I remember right, we got 4 that game :)

Also, I must say, Luongo showed some class that I didn't know he had...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not to be picky but if I remember right, we got 4 that game :) Also, I must say, Luongo showed some class that I didn't know he had...
    Posted by lambda13

One was an empty netter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Not to be picky but if I remember right, we got 4 that game :) Also, I must say, Luongo showed some class that I didn't know he had...
    Posted by lambda13

He didn't show much in last years SCF's.I guess theres always hope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm not a big Lou fan but I like this quote "It's going to be what's best for the team," said Luongo. "Whatever scenario that is, I'm okay with it - whether that involves me being here or not is okay. We've got a lot of potential in this locker room, there's a great core of guys, and the chance to do something special." "They've got a guy [Schneider] here that is going to be a superstar in this league for the next 10, 12, 15 years," said Luongo. "It is a business and that's the way it goes. I loved being here the last six years. I think my career has really taken off and we did some incredible things. If I'm here in the future, then great. If I'm not, that's good also." Shows some class. Lou has taken far too much of the blame for the downfalls of the Canucks. He's been a factor but not the only one - yeah the Bruins put three past him in game 7 last year in their own barn, but unless you're counting on your goalie to get a hattrick you can't really lay that loss on him.
    Posted by red75

Very true Red. Not all players would have as good of an attitude in this situation. Lots of guys would say "screw you! I've got a no-trade clause".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense? : Very true Red. Not all players would have as good of an attitude in this situation. Lots of guys would say "screw you! I've got a no-trade clause".
    Posted by dezaruchi

Mats Sundin comes to mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense? : Mats Sundin comes to mind.
    Posted by red75

Exactly Red. That crippled the Leafs when they were unable to get anything back for him. Different sport but Delgado did the same thing to the Blue Jays. Oh well, that's why they ask for (and are given) the NTC's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense? : Very true Red. Not all players would have as good of an attitude in this situation. Lots of guys would say "screw you! I've got a no-trade clause".
    Posted by dezaruchi

Lou sounds like he's being classy, but he stands to benefit as much as anyone in that trade.  He gets away from the huge pressure and disappointment from Canucks' fans, if he goes to TB its a decent organization with no-stress fanbase and media, I believe his wife is from the Florida area, and he doesn't have to look over his shoulder at a younger, better goalie every night.  I'd imagine he'd like a fresh start as well.

Finally, with the obvious trade questions and needs for Vancouver, his choice is to make a decent, selfless-sounding answer or sound like a selfish baby.  Yes, he's done that in the past, so maybe he's learned something from sticking a size 14 Bauer goalie skate in his mouth.

I'll give him a bit of credit for saying the right thing, but a trade is all good for Leaky "That's an Easy Save for Me" Luongoal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Van is hard up against the cap and needs to shed salary. I don't see them taking on another monster contract like Vinny (and he has a higher cap hit).

I doubt it would happen but one of the following would be awesome..

Kessel for Luongo straight up. Leafs admit they can't build a team around Kessel and get an upgrade in goal. Van teams Fat Phil up with the Sedins for the best scoring line in the game (regular season only). Bobby Lou gets to play Boston 6 times per. Yay!

Wheeler + picks for Luongo. No real reason. Just for Red Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Van is hard up against the cap and needs to shed salary. I don't see them taking on another monster contract like Vinny (and he has a higher cap hit). I doubt it would happen but one of the following would be awesome.. Kessel for Luongo straight up. Leafs admit they can't build a team around Kessel and get an upgrade in goal. Van teams Fat Phil up with the Sedins for the best scoring line in the game (regular season only). Bobby Lou gets to play Boston 6 times per. Yay! Wheeler + picks for Luongo. No real reason. Just for Red
    Posted by Kurako

I'm fine with Pavelec, thank you very much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Montreal would make the deal for Lecavalier but they have buyouts of Gomez and Kaberle 1st. I could see Yzerman taking on a few contracts from smurfland that end sooner than Bobby Lou's impossible albatross as an offset.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Makes sense for the deal with Tampa, though I think Brian Burke will make a play for Luongo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Makes sense for the deal with Tampa, though I think Brian Burke will make a play for Luongo.
    Posted by kelvana33

Do the Leafs even have enough cap space to take on that contract, and who would they be sending back? I know you would have to be a mindreader and i wouldn't put it past Burke,but it doesn't make sense money wise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

50, does anything Burke has done make sense?

And Sedin-Sedin-Kessel would give any team nightmares. Except the Bruins. Kessel is would be an anchor (and not the good kind) should they play the Bruins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

50, does anything Burke has done make sense? And Sedin-Sedin-Kessel would give any team nightmares. Except the Bruins. Kessel is would be an anchor (and not the good kind) should they play the Bruins.
    Posted by lambda13

Can't argue with that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Would Luongo For Lecavalier Make Sense?:
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, I honestly don't see the Canucks getting more than a 2nd round pick for Luongo. First of all they have to find a team that is willing to take a cap hit of 5.5 million for the next 10 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Lou has taken far too much of the blame for the downfalls of the Canucks. He's been a factor but not the only one - yeah the Bruins put three past him in game 7 last year in their own barn, but unless you're counting on your goalie to get a hattrick you can't really lay that loss on him.
    Posted by red75

I agree with this--He's a heck of a goalie, and I do not think his career is over. He could definitely turn around the popular public perception in a new uniform

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As much as a change of scenery could help Lu, his penchant for giving up the weakest goals at the most inopportune times in the most important games is likely to follow him.It is in the benefit of both sides though to have a fresh start elsewhere. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts