would you have seguin center the first line with david out.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: would you have seguin center the first line with david out.

I really do think that Tyler should get to center the first line. Let him play see what hes really got.

What do the lines become though?

Lucic-Seguin-Horton
    Caron-Bergeron-Recchi
    Ryder-Wheeler-Paille
    Marchand-Campbel-Thornton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

You guys are crazy. He isnt even close to being ready for that role yet. There was a very good reason why he was benched the 3rd period and overtime against the blue's, 4-5 terrible turn over's on blind passes that all led to break away's or 2 on 1 in the other direction. I'm not bashing him any as i think he has played well enough to stay here, but he isnt ready for #1 center duty and 20+ minutes a game. By that ratio and lets go low and say 4 unforced turn over's in 8 minutes then that would average 8-10 in 20-22min. Way to many !! he got lucky and tukka saved his bacon or he would have looked like wideman this past saturday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: would you have seguin center the first line with david out.:
    [QUOTE]I really do think that Tyler should get to center the first line.
    Lucic-Seguin-Horton
    Caron-Bergeron-Recchi
    Ryder-Wheeler-Paille Marchand-
    Campbel-ThorntonPosted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Those are my lines Julien has done a better job of shortening the bench and changing lines on the fly the last few games IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Seguin is not ready.  Either Bergy or Wheeler.  It will be interesting to watch.  

And....maybe Savard will be back soon....sure would help

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

would you have seguin center the first line with david out.

It is a lot of pressure but i think the kid could handle it , I know he did not have a great game against the blues but claude jullien has to play seguin more then eight minutes a game. Then you could activate paille and slip him on the 3rd line. Then when krejec is ready to come back juggle them around again. Maybe against montreal on thursday could be a time to play mcgratten if not then maybe saturday against ottawa, what do you guys think ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Let's face it, Seguin is the future, so let us find out what he's got for a few games. With Lucic on his Wing, no one is going to take liberties with the kid.

I still think he's #3 behind Savard and Krejci, but right now he's the only #1 type you got. Bergeron isn't a #1, but will have to do as a #2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I agree with I-like-hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Time to make a trade.  Wheeler, Hunwick, and Hamill to Buffalo for Jochen Hecht and a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Bring up Bartkowski.  Put Seguin on the wing as soon Krecji returns (7-10 days?).

Lucic Seguin Horton
    Caron Bergeron Recchi
    Paille Hecht Ryder
    Marchand Campbell Thornton (McGrattan)

Chara Bartkowski
    Seidenberg Ference
    Stuart McQuaid

Looks lean now but in 7-10 days it looks a lot better.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Caron Bergeron Recchi
    Seguin Hecht Ryder 
    Marchand Campbell Thornton (McGrattan)

In a month or so it looks even better, health provided and fingers crossed.

Lucic Krecji Horton
    Caron Bergeron Sturm
    Hecht Savard Seguin
    Marchand Campbell Thornton (McGrattan/Paille)

Chara Boychuk
    Seidenberg Bartkowski
    Stuart Ference (McQuaid)

Trade Trade Recchi and Ference at the deadline for Mark Streit or Bryce Salvador (pipe dream, I know).  Let Ryder walk at the end of the season as a UFA.

Just my thoughts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

That makes sense to me , but will jullien do that i bet not because Tyler must learn how to back check first. Please this whole nonsense is starting to get on my nerves. This is something claude is going to have to live with know with david out we are going to need a little offense. I know he made some stupid passes the other night i saw first hand i was at the game I have the ten game pak but what about the shootout when he beat halak with that great move. Look i am not about to put him in the hall of fame but just trying to do something a little different.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Seriously try caron up there with segs and horton and put lucic on with bergie and wheeler.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

He's not ready. Bergeron centers Lucic and Horton until Krejci gets back.

Nothing against Seguin - I really like him. But it's just too much to ask for him to play 20 minutes a night and center the top line. All of the centers are going to have to step up in the next few games, including him. The increased pressure of not having Krejci in the lineup is going to be tough enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

I like Seguin on the first line also. You need Bergeron centering another line so that a lot of scoring isn't just on one line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]That makes sense to me , but will jullien do that i bet not because Tyler must learn how to back check first. Please this whole nonsense is starting to get on my nerves. This is something claude is going to have to live with know with david out we are going to need a little offense. I know he made some stupid passes the other night i saw first hand i was at the game I have the ten game pak but what about the shootout when he beat halak with that great move. Look i am not about to put him in the hall of fame but just trying to do something a little different.
    Posted by stinkman[/QUOTE]

I really don't think backchecking is the issue, he comes back hard enough and picks up his man.  What I see is his hesitation in the defenswive zone, holding back when he should be reacting. This is normal when one considers he is 18 and is learning a new system in a faster paced game. As he gets more confident he will overcome these shortfalls. Right now I do not believe he is close to being ready for the first line. Let him get comfortable with third line minutes and he will do just fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Sure speaks volumes of what they think of Zack Hamill when they won't even give him a sniff with the big club.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Sure speaks volumes of what they think of Zack Hamill when they won't even give him a sniff with the big club.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

What are you going to do, keep Dan Paille and his $1.1 million salary in the press box and call up Hamill? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Hamill has shown me NOTHING - Ever! - to convince me that he's anything more than an AHL'er.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: would you have seguin center the first line with david out. : Yeah! No one would take a run at a Lucic's center. I mean, look at Krej... wait.
    Posted by TommyD603[/QUOTE]

You get points for humor, but lose them again for innaccuracy.  Oshie didn't take a run at Krejci, it was a hard collision where Oshie had his head up and braced for the hit.   Krejci didn't see it coming.    Thats a big difference from taking a run at a guy.    Heck, even if it was a run, Krejci should have seen it coming, not like it was a hit from behind.

As for the central question in the thread, yes, I see Seguin as first line center, but not this year, and perhaps not next.   But he has all the tools to be an All Star center once he adapts fully to the NHL game, gets a little bigger, and had a few ups and downs along the way.    For now, leave him as third line, 12 - 15 min a game and have Recchi and others vets that have been there to guide him along.

Perhaps the lesson to be learned this week is to keep your head up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Couple of parts of Seguin's game that are Junior and not NHL, so he'd get crucified if Julien put him with Lucic and Horton.  You'd see "what he's got" and some would be ready to write him off as a bust.  The biggest problem is his skating.  He's fast and fluid on the attack, but defense requires quick changes of direction, stops and starts, and hard cross-overs to generate speed on the breakout.  Last game I was at, he was coming back to the net for the PP breakout.  He made that U-turn at the top of the crease - turning left - and his crossovers were clunky and awkward. 

The problem is leg strength - he has plenty of it, but he's still 18.  He needs more, and he needs to work on his technique.  The obvious consequence is that he struggles to stay on top of the play when he has to start and stop and wind up with speed - that is, in the defensive zone.  Can't expose him to first line minutes until he gets that worked out.

The other issue?  He's really really tentative about initiating body contact.  But that's for another day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Bergy is the man and will do a great job

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

no no no,  Segs is good where he is.  only thing i dont like is Paille on the line with him. Marchy deserves that line.  shud be March - Segs -Ryder and Paille-Campbell-Thorts 
    but i can see that Julien does not want to break up his 4th line. stubborn stubborn stubborn

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Tommy, big difference between a clean hit, (Krejci with his head down, again) and a Cooke type 'run' at Savard. 

Anyway, Bergeron isn't a #1 line Center. Bring Colbourne up, or try Wheeler. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I can see Bergy getting first line. I still want a promotion for Seguin though.

Lucic-Bergeron-Horton
    Caron-Seguin-Ryder
    Recchi-Wheeler-Paille
    Marchand-Thornton-Campbel

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]no no no,  Segs is good where he is.  only thing i dont like is Paille on the line with him. Marchy deserves that line.  shud be March - Segs -Ryder and Paille-Campbell-Thorts  but i can see that Julien does not want to break up his 4th line. stubborn stubborn stubborn
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

There is no way Julien should mess with the Marchand/Campbell/Thornton line. They've been fantastic together.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm liking the speed on the Paille-Seguin-Ryder line. Daniel works hard in the corners for Seguin to find Ryder hovering in the slot or Glyding from behind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Couple of parts of Seguin's game that are Junior and not NHL, so he'd get crucified if Julien put him with Lucic and Horton.  You'd see "what he's got" and some would be ready to write him off as a bust.  The biggest problem is his skating.  He's fast and fluid on the attack, but defense requires quick changes of direction, stops and starts, and hard cross-overs to generate speed on the breakout.  Last game I was at, he was coming back to the net for the PP breakout.  He made that U-turn at the top of the crease - turning left - and his crossovers were clunky and awkward.  The problem is leg strength - he has plenty of it, but he's still 18.  He needs more, and he needs to work on his technique.  The obvious consequence is that he struggles to stay on top of the play when he has to start and stop and wind up with speed - that is, in the defensive zone.  Can't expose him to first line minutes until he gets that worked out. The other issue?  He's really really tentative about initiating body contact.  But that's for another day.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed the the skating issues you brought up, but I have noticed the complete avoidance of physical contact whenever possible. He's just a kid- so I try to cut him some slack. It's something to keep an eye on though, because as gifted as he is, eventually that's going to have to change for him to reach his potential.

Sections
Shortcuts