Would you pick Seguin #2 again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again?

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again?:
    [QUOTE]SHOULD'VE TRADED THE PICK TO TORONTO FOR KESSEL...AND IM NOT KIDDING IMAGINE KESSEL WITH SAVARD, KREJCI OR BERGERON WOW
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how you can continue with this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Skinner, by the way, has 2 goals since November 9th.  We'd be having the same discussion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Seguin was picked #2 but rated as #1 by the CSB. He has the tools to become great. There is nothing wrong with his attitude at all. He's just a kid learning.

Boston sports fans are incredible. This reminds me of when Pedroia started out slow for the Red Sox. Fans were screaming to trade him saying he was a big mistake. This was after only one month in the big leagues. After that the lazer show began.

I'm so glad the fans don't get to be GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

ANother stupid thread posted by a person who is typical of todays society who only sees the "now" and is short sighted of what the future will bring.  The "kid"--- yes he still is a kid--- is playing fine.  As others who have replied have said-- wait 5 years to evaluate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seguin is going to be fine. He is a Center they take time to develop. Krejci wasn't dominant right away

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=2ecd90dcdb4e7f44d76e3e171010df96&plckUserId=2ecd90dcdb4e7f44d76e3e171010df96">
    First: 8/2/2005
    Last: 12/28/2010
    SHOULD'VE TRADED THE PICK TO TORONTO FOR KESSEL...AND IM NOT KIDDING IMAGINE KESSEL WITH SAVARD, KREJCI OR BERGERON WOW

1969 posts and you still have not ever posted anything with any value added. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

It is done the oil did not want to trade the #1  they actually wanted  1 and 2 and tried to get it from the Bruins. Seguin will be a great player  How great is yet to be determined

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

[QUOTE]SHOULD'VE TRADED THE PICK TO TORONTO FOR KESSEL...AND IM NOT KIDDING IMAGINE KESSEL WITH SAVARD, KREJCI OR BERGERON WOW

kessel is  one  way selffish player.........toronto can keep the guy we stole a boat load  for him from Burke.     In case you missed it he did not want to paly for the bruins    thus the trade by PC. or should i say fleecing. Seguin will have more goals at 23 then he does

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

I suppose every pro scout that struggled to evaluate who was the better of Seguin or Hall in all reality last year cant judge talent....yeah right !...Seguin is the so called diamond in the rough and will prove it....right now a kid in a mans game...give him time and his due!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Micro analysis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I voted yes simply because the Bs brass as well us us fans knew that he wouldnt be an impact player in year 1. Just as NAS stated check back in 5 yrs but imo 3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He sat for one game. One. And barring further illness or injury, he'll probably still play more games his rookie season than Joe Thornton did. Hell, it took two seasons for Marc Savard to stick in the NHL, Martin St Louis took two seasons to stick in the NHL too. Jason Spezza spent 2 seasons in the AHL... So yeah, A) give the kid a break 2) give the coaches a break.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : Really, you think they're messing with his shootout strategy?  Why, exactly, would they do that when he's been golden in the SO?  If they were using the first shooter to get a read for the next two, I doubt they'd waste Seguin's attempt for that purpose. Look, Seguin is playing a bit like Sequin - we can all see it, and we're all reacting  to the fact that he didn't land and take the team on his shoulders.  But Badhab?  I find the conspiracy theories of how over-managed Seguin is sound more panicky about the situation than the OP's suggestion that the Bruins should have taken someone else.  It's no big deal that he hasn't found his groove.  He will.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Hall is getting top line minutes here in Edmonton boys and girls...Seguin is not..Hall is on the PP and some PK...Seguin is not...BIG difference...and again...its WAYYY to early to second guess the kid...just to early.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Funny! I like how people are already calling Seguin "soft". Wasn't that Phil Kessel's problem. Seguin will be gone in three years most likely. Would I draft him again? What are the choices? Maybe Fowler? I think Seguin is with the wrong coach. That's not surprising. The Bruins usually eat their young...i.e. Joe Thornton, Phil Kessel....I think Seguin is a good player but they will never let him be the player he is. He will have to become a "Bruins type of player" which is a loser. That is a fact. Look it up. 40 years of NOTHING.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

"Bruins type of player" = Cam Neely = 50 goals, 49 games (44 games)

lotta nose-picking going on here today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=2ecd90dcdb4e7f44d76e3e171010df96&plckUserId=2ecd90dcdb4e7f44d76e3e171010df96 " /> bruins8 Posts: 1969 First: 8/2/2005 Last: 12/28/2010 SHOULD'VE TRADED THE PICK TO TORONTO FOR KESSEL...AND IM NOT KIDDING IMAGINE KESSEL WITH SAVARD, KREJCI OR BERGERON WOW 1969 posts and you still have not ever posted anything with any value added. 
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]
    And Bruin8 came on here asking everyone's forgiveness for the barrage of Kessel posts.One would think Kessel's play would speak loudly enough(in a negative fashion)yet here we are reading Bruin8's garbage again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

KESSEL WOULD LOOK ALOT BETTER WITH BERGERON AND RECCHI THEN SEGUIN...THAT MUCH IS CERTAIN

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Can Neely never won anything. Look it up.  He just liked to fight (and he wasn't that good at it) so he is a hero in these parts. Cam Neely is Al Secord/ Bob Probert. A tough guy that could score but never won anything and is overrated by knucklehead fans. Neely couldn't even make Team Canada is his day. He was not a good skater and he wasn't particulaly good in his own end. He floated and waited for somebody (i.e. Janney, Oates) to get him the puck. He is a questionable HOF pick. I mean why not put Reg Kerr/John LeClair/Al Secord in as well

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Nice touch with the poll...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]ANother stupid thread posted by a person who is typical of todays society who only sees the "now" and is short sighted of what the future will bring.  The "kid"--- yes he still is a kid--- is playing fine.  As others who have replied have said-- wait 5 years to evaluate.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Brilliant post. Just remember that Taylor Halls demand is right now and if not by next year he better be like Stamkos. He is already playing hard and producing good point totals for a rookie. Does he need 5 years? You must be one of those Zach Hamill supporters

Its ridiculous to wait 5 years for a top 5 pick to blossom. 

Joe Thornton has blossomed to a non playoff performer. Amazing regular season player but thats it. And thats why the Bruins got rid of him for peanuts. The only way to put fire in his azz all year long is to have Mike Keenan as his coach, but thats impossible for all of his career. A great player doesn't care who coaches him, what system he has to play in, what players he has to play with, they come through in the end. They make other players better, inspire their team, sacrifice their body for a goal.

Hall last time i saw him play does alot of these things. Even Jordan Caron does alot of these things though he doesn't have half the skills Seguin has. I don't want Seguin to try to injure himself  but i'd to see some more grit, aggressiveness from him.  Get under opponents skin, push other guys around etc. It should elavate his game 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

We're not even 1/2 way through his rookie season.  He's just moved up to the 2nd line and plays on a team that plays 4 lines so his ice time is limited.  He'd see more ice time on a worse team and would probably have better numbers but that wouldn't make him a better player.  You haven't seen him on the PP yet, Bergeron, Savard & Krejci are all in front of him at C not to mention Lucic, Horton and Recchi at the wings.  His time will come, Stamkos didn't light it up his first year in the league.  Be patient this kid is here for the long hual not a ROY trophy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]KESSEL WOULD LOOK ALOT BETTER WITH BERGERON AND RECCHI THEN SEGUIN...THAT MUCH IS CERTAIN

In what way is it certain?  You think he'd be a better finisher?  He and Seguin have almost exactly the same shooting percentage - 8.5% for Seguin, 9.0% for Kessel.  I'd be willing to gamble that Seguin's a .5% better passer, so it looks like a wash - except that Seguin is a rookie who will a) inevitably get better as he gets his feet wet and b) backcheck.

The love affair with Kessel makes less and less sense as time goes on. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Can Neely never won anything. Look it up.  He just liked to fight (and he wasn't that good at it) so he is a hero in these parts. Cam Neely is Al Secord/ Bob Probert. A tough guy that could score but never won anything and is overrated by knucklehead fans. Neely couldn't even make Team Canada is his day. He was not a good skater and he wasn't particulaly good in his own end. He floated and waited for somebody (i.e. Janney, Oates) to get him the puck. He is a questionable HOF pick. I mean why not put Reg Kerr/John LeClair/Al Secord in as well
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure.  Clearly you're too young to have actually seen him play.  Either that, or you're making stuff up by looking at stats.  You should write for the Bleacher Report!  You'd fit right in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]We're not even 1/2 way through his rookie season.  He's just moved up to the 2nd line and plays on a team that plays 4 lines so his ice time is limited.  He'd see more ice time on a worse team and would probably have better numbers but that wouldn't make him a better player.  You haven't seen him on the PP yet, Bergeron, Savard & Krejci are all in front of him at C not to mention Lucic, Horton and Recchi at the wings.  His time will come, Stamkos didn't light it up his first year in the league.  Be patient this kid is here for the long hual not a ROY trophy.
    Posted by teibore1[/QUOTE]

I'am patient. Most of us are. He is a rookie and won't be a point per game player this year. Its just his body language on the ice that is bothering me. Instead of those fancy breakaway goals i rather him fight in front of the net and score tip in/rebounds, take that hit in the corner to pass for a goal etc.

You don't need to be a rookie or vet to do those things

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yaz- No offence, but I think this shows your age. You don't worry about a kid this early. Stamkos was just as bad! This kid is no Pat Falloon! Did you watch the kid skate his tail off in the 3rd period & helped TT make a save? I think it's a given of his offensive talent. He's trying to not only learn the way of the NHL, but he's also learning to play defense too. Right, or wrong on how CJ is handling this kid is debateable. Hall, Eberle & Skinner are a minus players. These 3 are also getting anywhere between 4-6 minutes more of icetime. These 3 are also playing on their teams speciality lines.  Most of us on here said that we didn't expect Tyler to be pressured to come in here & be a stud. It's to his advantage that he doesn't have that pressure.