Would you pick Seguin #2 again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again?

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again?:
    In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : Yeah, sure.  Clearly you're too young to have actually seen him play.  Either that, or you're making stuff up by looking at stats.  You should write for the Bleacher Report!  You'd fit right in.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Save the hassle of replying to that troll.Anyone who uses the words overrated and hall of famer  together is a moron.Even if he was simply looking up stats he has no basis to call Neely overrated.Neely is the only player I can think of that I never heard a bad thing about from fans of other teams.Fans of the Habs ,Leafs,Pens,etc.,all said the same thing about Cam.Love to have him on my team because he plays the game the right way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : I'am patient. Most of us are. He is a rookie and won't be a point per game player this year. Its just his body language on the ice that is bothering me. Instead of those fancy breakaway goals i rather him fight in front of the net and score tip in/rebounds, take that hit in the corner to pass for a goal etc. You don't need to be a rookie or vet to do those things
    Posted by yaz16

"I'm patient".I just want him to do it now.Do you read what you've written before pressing send?Reminds me of why you WERE on ignore.Time to go back on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

16 is a favorite # and has nothing to with my age. I hope Seguin proves me wrong.

BTW can someone ban dezaruchi? What a clown. Never concentrates on the topic 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yaz- No offence, but I think this shows your age. You don't worry about a kid this early. Stamkos was just as bad! This kid is no Pat Falloon! Did you watch the kid skate his tail off in the 3rd period & helped TT make a save? I think it's a given of his offensive talent. He's trying to not only learn the way of the NHL, but he's also learning to play defense too. Right, or wrong on how CJ is handling this kid is debateable. Hall, Eberle & Skinner are a minus players. These 3 are also getting anywhere between 4-6 minutes more of icetime. These 3 are also playing on their teams speciality lines.  Most of us on here said that we didn't expect Tyler to be pressured to come in here & be a stud. It's to his advantage that he doesn't have that pressure.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Amen Bro. I still think they should let him off the chain 1-2x a game though. Why not?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

16 is a favorite # and has nothing to with my age. I hope Seguin proves me wrong. BTW can someone ban dezaruchi? What a clown. Never concentrates on the topic 
    Posted by yaz16

You can personally ignore my posts.No need for intelligent thoughts to flow through your head.Have you found even 1 person to agree with your absurd statements?I didn't think so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Seguin is playing on the 2nd line. He doesn't play much more less than anyone else on the team. He had a chance to play PP and still does occasionally on the 2nd unit.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Amen Bro. I still think they should let him off the chain 1-2x a game though. Why not?

Yea that's why I said CJ's handling is debateable, but rather than start a FIRE CJ thread....well you know.Sealed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Ask again in five years.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree, but I would say more like 3+ years...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

KESSEL WOULD LOOK ALOT BETTER WITH BERGERON AND RECCHI THEN SEGUIN...THAT MUCH IS CERTAIN
    Posted by bruins8

How about Seguin and the Toronto #1 pick this year?  Remmber, Sequin is not the only piece in the deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Amen Bro. I still think they should let him off the chain 1-2x a game though. Why not? Yea that's why I said CJ's handling is debateable, but rather than start a FIRE CJ thread....well you know.
    Posted by nitemare-38

You mean 10 threads right? Just wait till the next loss lmao. Perhaps against TB they wont forget that last game! The B's better show up to play again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

You people are crazy. We just gave up Hunwick and Sturm for NOTHING. We could of gave the Oilers them and the #2 for the #1 and got Hall.  Hall is meant to be a Bruin. Seguin is more an Oiler.

Trust me, the B's fans would of loved having Hall. In two years he will be tearing up the league with hits, goals and assists.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You people are crazy. We just gave up Hunwick and Sturm for NOTHING. We could of gave the Oilers them and the #2 for the #1 and got Hall.  Hall is meant to be a Bruin. Seguin is more an Oiler. Trust me, the B's fans would of loved having Hall. In two years he will be tearing up the league with hits, goals and assists.
    Posted by bluefox70

This isn't the first time you've gone on about Hall and hits.I've watched a number of Oiler games this year and haven't seen him throw a hit yet.I think Seguin has more jam than Hall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

"Trust me, the B's fans would of loved having Hall. In two years he will be tearing up the league with hits, goals and assists."

Don't be surprised after his current rookie contract , he jumps ship to play for the Bruins.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You people are crazy. We just gave up Hunwick and Sturm for NOTHING. We could of gave the Oilers them and the #2 for the #1 and got Hall.  Hall is meant to be a Bruin. Seguin is more an Oiler. Trust me, the B's fans would of loved having Hall. In two years he will be tearing up the league with hits, goals and assists.
    Posted by bluefox70

Hunwick for nothing?Just because you've never heard of Cohen dosen't mean he's nothing.I'm sure there are Av's fans complaining they gave up Cohen for nothing(and they'd be no  less right than you).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"Bruins type of player" = Cam Neely = 50 goals, 49 games (44 games) lotta nose-picking going on here today.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady

I was about to mention that myself.

Plus, Neely was the only player that I saw beat Roy flat out clean from outside the blue line, the thing was a laser beam.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : Really, you think they're messing with his shootout strategy?  Why, exactly, would they do that when he's been golden in the SO?  If they were using the first shooter to get a read for the next two, I doubt they'd waste Seguin's attempt for that purpose. Look, Seguin is playing a bit like Sequin - we can all see it, and we're all reacting  to the fact that he didn't land and take the team on his shoulders.  But Badhab?  I find the conspiracy theories of how over-managed Seguin is sound more panicky about the situation than the OP's suggestion that the Bruins should have taken someone else.  It's no big deal that he hasn't found his groove.  He will.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Yes BB, I am really anti-conspiracy, there are no UFO's, ghosts, no man on the grassy knoll, no big foot and no loch ness monster and puck moving defenseman doesn't mean anything so I can't comment about that.

I really think something was strange about that SO.  Seguin had a sour puss before the shot and wore that same expression after and on the bench.  I read into that.

Plus fact - the only guy to be a healthy scratch other than Paille.

CJ strikes me so much like a coach with a hair out for the youngest guy on the team.

I can't substantiate any of it.  It's gut feel and my read of body language.

Look at Marchand, in my book at least 2 offenses worth a healthy scratch - over handling the puck in the neutral zone, one led to a goal.  And no scratch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : Yes BB, I am really anti-conspiracy, there are no UFO's, ghosts, no man on the grassy knoll, no big foot and no loch ness monster and puck moving defenseman doesn't mean anything so I can't comment about that. I really think something was strange about that SO.  Seguin had a sour puss before the shot and wore that same expression after and on the bench.  I read into that. Plus fact - the only guy to be a healthy scratch other than Paille. CJ strikes me so much like a coach with a hair out for the youngest guy on the team. I can't substantiate any of it.  It's gut feel and my read of body language. Look at Marchand, in my book at least 2 offenses worth a healthy scratch - over handling the puck in the neutral zone, one led to a goal.  And no scratch.
    Posted by BadHabitude

B-Hab, you are a high quality contributor here.  I read every post of yours that I come across.  Outside of the Table Incident, this post above is, well, honestly, I think someone hacked your account.

The shootout was strange because of a player's facial expression.  The coach must have something against the youngest player on the team. 

Please log out, log back in, change your password and return to normal thought.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : B-Hab, you are a high quality contributor here.  I read every post of yours that I come across.  Outside of the Table Incident, this post above is, well, honestly, I think someone hacked your account. The shootout was strange because of a player's facial expression.  The coach must have something against the youngest player on the team.  Please log out, log back in, change your password and return to normal thought.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And also took a totally uncharacteristic snap shot from the slot.

OK.  No conspiracy.  Then someone should sit down and half a chat with Tyler as that was bizarre, the shot looked half hearted.

Yes, the conspiracy theory is a wild grasp at a straw, but that SO was beyond my understanding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : And also took a totally uncharacteristic snap shot from the slot. OK.  No conspiracy.  Then someone should sit down and half a chat with Tyler as that was bizarre, the shot looked half hearted. Yes, the conspiracy theory is a wild grasp at a straw, but that SO was beyond my understanding.
    Posted by BadHabitude

There is  no way CJ asked Seguin to do anything on that shootout attempt but score.His body language told me he was pissed about not scoring.As far as saying the shot was half-hearted,I respectfully disagree.Clemmensen barely got a piece of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Seguin will never reach stardom in the Bruins "lunch-pail" organization .. with the Julien style of play.  Put him on a fast tempo team like Chicago or Detroit and you have a different matter entirely.  At best, he'll eventually be trade bait for another net-zero .. empty-handed exchange .. for which the B's are famous. 
    Posted by oldtimebsfan

Oh look.RMiller is back with a new moniker(and same old trolling).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: Would you pick Seguin #2 again? : And also took a totally uncharacteristic snap shot from the slot. OK.  No conspiracy.  Then someone should sit down and half a chat with Tyler as that was bizarre, the shot looked half hearted. Yes, the conspiracy theory is a wild grasp at a straw, but that SO was beyond my understanding.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I was more impressed by the speed of the shot than I was concerned about the choice to shoot. I actually get worried about his expression sometimes too, like he's being too hard on himself, but I didn't read anything into that shot. You have to mix it up.

He was out there in crunch time just before the end of the game so the whole playing time concern (legitimate, IMO) seems to be lessening too. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Badhab , you are one of the best. But some of the ideas that pop out of your head should be left there. I agree with BB, NAS and Dez. This is definitely one of those times.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Would you pick Seguin #2 again?:
    Yes it is only his first year in the nhl , only 18-19, and still needs to strengthen up. But just to start an interesting discussion, if we had to revisit the 2010 nhl draft and had the #2 position would you draft Seguin again?  We all know the truth is that if we had #1 there would be no doubt about it we would draft Hall. I can confidently say that PC did not put much effort to trade up for him (nor i can really blame him). Personally i wish he did though. It would have taken our 2010 #2 pick, next years Leafs first round pick or Tuuka Rask to pry the #1 pick away from the Oilers. Other possible scenarios on draft night would have been to trade the #2 pick for Gudbranson or Skinner. I have been always impressed with Gudbranson and he is surely going to be a great NHL pro for years to come. Jeff Skinner was high on the list for us to draft with our 2nd 1st round pick. I wasn't big on his skating but that doesn't matter when you can play the game. He can score and doesn't look like a rookie.  Seguin did have an oustanding year last year. But he scored most of his points against mediocre to bad teams, couldn't crack team Canada and didn't perform up to par in the playoffs like he did in the regular season. If you watch him play wing now, he always seems to comeback to the middle like he is a centreman. Tries to carry or stickhandle through the middle instead of going strong on the outside. His passing game is bad and he isn't very patient once he has the puck. Because of his poor passing game he is trying to do it all alone too often. Even with added strength next year , i don't really see him having a huge impact like Stamkos is having this season. I have high hopes for him but my realistic side thinks he could turn out to be more like a Maxim Afinaganov who has brilliant speed and scoring capabilities, score 60 points a season, but not a very good technically sound player and inconsistant game after game. So my choice if we turned back the clock now would be try to get Hall , if not Skinner plus prospects,picks. 
    Posted by yaz16

Hall plays about 20min a game where as Tyler Seguin plays about 12, two different situations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

SHOULD'VE TRADED THE PICK TO TORONTO FOR KESSEL...AND IM NOT KIDDING IMAGINE KESSEL WITH SAVARD, KREJCI OR BERGERON WOW
    Posted by bruins8

stupidest thing i have ever read!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Badhab , you are one of the best. But some of the ideas that pop out of your head should be left there. I agree with BB, NAS and Dez. This is definitely one of those times.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

oh all right already.  you would be paranoid, too, if you had a coach that told you on a penalty shot to
    "shoot it right at him, you have a good shot and if it doesn't bounce off him and in he'll be gun shy for the rest of the game and then we'll start popping them in on him." 
    True.  It was a high school freshman team.  and the score of that game that probably no one on the planet remembers ever even having played it was 0-0.  I did as I was told.  I curse myself for listening to that idiot to this day.
    And that yawning net in bantam hockey.
    It was only 39 years ago or so, so these wounds are still fresh.

Sections
Shortcuts