Would you trade Krug?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Would you trade Krug?

i understand the need for conversation. but why on earth is anyone concerned about the d-men? they've been great. they've allowed the second fewest goals in the league... does this count for anything? i can't single out one guy that makes me nervous ala joe oh- no corvo or hunwick. i mean it's one thing to carry on a conversation about who is better, more valuable, or more likely to be traded. but to be "concerned" about the team that's the defensive envy of every other team in the league, is just much ado 'bout nuttin'.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

No, I wouldn't trade Krug. His element of speed and PP ability is all that keeps the Bruins from another dismal power play year,  plus he makes the team faster. They're slow enough now, let's not get slower. He's our answer to Subban in Montreal, Letang in Pittsburgh, and Keith in Chicago. Not as good, but a true puck lugger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

yes for Joe Thornton and  Phil Kessel

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As for Krug i really like him.  Thought he showed us a lot in a cup run.  His own end hes not great but hes not shy either.  His skating makes up for a lot of the one on one battles.  

anyone can be traded.  Id rather hang onto him.  But if a good offer came along id definitely listen.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

No, I wouldn't trade Krug. His element of speed and PP ability is all that keeps the Bruins from another dismal power play year,  plus he makes the team faster. They're slow enough now, let's not get slower. He's our answer to Subban in Montreal, Letang in Pittsburgh, and Keith in Chicago. Not as good, but a true puck lugger.

Here's the big misconception of this guy. He's not fast, moves and might give you the impression he's fast . I see him get beaten too many races for a puck, long and short.  What he does do well is move the puck fast up the ice or on the PP. 

Our answer to Subban , Keith ?  Man you need glasses.  Those are Norris trophy winners past and probably future.  Krug will never win a Norris,  he does not have the pedigree they look for to get those votes.  Like it or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Two different scenarios I could see PC trading "Krug Life" in the near future but not within the next three years.

#1 - Krug's agent was very aggressive and got PC to bite on a contract that made sure Krug played in a few NHL games before being sent down. I do see Krug staying in the 15 - 17 goal range the next few years. Torey's agent will probably want a little more than what Boychuk's makes and probably not in PCs budget. There would be many teams wanting Krug's services. This scenario might be null and void because the cap will increase every year. PC also might think "I've moved quite a few defenseman up from Providence why not Trotman, Morrow and/or Arnesson".

#2 - Chara retirement looming and PC has to start thinking about a replacement. Two ways this happens - would be Chara having won a few cups, starts to hint his career is coming to a close or he's accomplished enough. Krug being a primary piece in getting a #1 shutdown defenseman in a trade. Or the unthinkable, PC has to start looking at replacing a Chara or Seidenberg, starting to decline. Again Krug is the center piece.

Hamilton and Krug mean so much to the Bruins offense right I don't see a trade happening in the next two or three years. Also I have been able to live with both there defensive zone mistakes because they are still learning and they really haven't been that glaring.

Krug Life!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I wouldn't trade Krug, or Bart or Hamilton, for that matter.  These guys can move the puck out of the zone -- each in his own way (Bart and Krug with speed, Hamilton with vision and strength), and each fits well with a stay at home defenseman, like Miller, on the other side.

What I like best about Krug is his IQ -- his hockey instinct for where to be and what to do with and without the puck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Another topic to debate :

Who's going to add offense from the back end if a "d corps that is all big, strong and physical" without the offensive flair that players like a Hamilton or Krug bring ?

Who likes a blueline of no offense, all brawn or vice versa ? 

I like a mix of these types of players.

Thinking that making life miserable for opposing players in your end is a thought I agree with.

But saying that I like the thought of having defencemen like Krug and Hamilton making life miserable down at the other end too.

I've said this as well. I've noticed on the power play teams are pressuring him, he struggled with it at first but seems to have adjusted. Now it opens up room for the players down low. One thing about Krug is when he comes in, high slot or closer, his shot is fast and very accurate. He can pick corners very well.

I've also liked what I have seen from Hamilton on the power play of late.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

My two cents to this conversation.. and that's factoring in inflation is.. if you HAD to trade one of the two (Bartkowski or Krug) and that MAY be the case if you want to get a fill-in for Seidenberg, is I'd trade Bartkowski far sooner than Krug.
    Why trade Krug? Are you not happy with his size? Well I don't think you could get a bigger body that also brings to the table (offense, youth) what Krug does for JUST Krug. So in essence, to do better than Krug, youre also talking about trading other pieces as well.

So, whats the question, would I trade Krug for Tim Carl Erixon or Luca Sbisa because the latter are bigger? Maybe, but it would never happen. But I'd absolutely trade Bartkowski for them, but that would definitely never happen.

Keep the kid, trade others.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm agree with keeping Krug, unless you're blown away by an offer.  He's defense is still not that great, but I really think he gives the Bruins a dimension they sorely need.  He can skate like the wind and he can carry the puck out of the D-zone through the nuetral zone when they have too.  

For a while the Bruins would drive me nuts with the number of reversals behind the net when trying to break the puck out -- puck to Ference, forecheck, reversed behind the net, to Mcquaid, forecheck coming, reversed behind the net, again and again, sometimes ending with a turnover.

They just seem more dynamic on the backend and I think Krug is part of the reason.  He seems to be open up space for others and can use his feet to be a fairly potent offensive threat.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Here's the big misconception of this guy. He's not fast, moves and might give you the impression he's fast . I see him get beaten too many races for a puck, long and short.  What he does do well is move the puck fast up the ice or on the PP. 

Our answer to Subban , Keith ?  Man you need glasses.  Those are Norris trophy winners past and probably future.  Krug will never win a Norris,  he does not have the pedigree they look for to get those votes.  Like it or not.

Keith wins Norris this year hands down unless he scores 30 in his own net.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Keith wins Norris this year hands down unless he scores 30 in his own net.   

He should've been the Stanley Cup MVP last year.  He killed us.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

I think Bartkowski will be the one gone by the deadline. He doesn't provide anything special and can be replaced from within should we decide that we need another Hawgie.

I just hope we get Girardi somehow and not Chris Phillips.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How is Bartkowski "another Hawgie"?  He and Keith are almost exactly the same size.  In fact, I kind of like that frame of reference.  Keith "killed" the Bruins last year by being quick to the puck, and silky smooth skating the puck out of the forecheck.  Bruins had trouble laying a body on him after game 1, and he just refused to get sucked into physical puck battles, though when there was no other option, he was pretty good at winning them.  That's the kind of game Bartkowski should aspire to play.  Until he gets there, he's my odd man of the three.

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

i understand the need for conversation. but why on earth is anyone concerned about the d-men? they've been great. they've allowed the second fewest goals in the league... does this count for anything? i can't single out one guy that makes me nervous ala joe oh- no corvo or hunwick. i mean it's one thing to carry on a conversation about who is better, more valuable, or more likely to be traded. but to be "concerned" about the team that's the defensive envy of every other team in the league, is just much ado 'bout nuttin'.

Oh, it counts for something for sure.  To be clear, I didn't start this thinking they ought to replace Krug.  I think you think of selling high if you've already decided he's not a long term fit, and I'm not in that camp.  The question was whether or not there was an offer out there that the Bruins should consider.  I mean, Seidenberg and Bartkowski were had for less than Krug (Craig Weller, Byron Bitz and a 2nd round pick...man, is that a fleecing).  I can't imagine there is, though.

On the "concern" side - teams will have a full year of tape on these guys going into the playoffs and they will read and react and adapt better over a 7 game series.  Biggest example I can think of off the top - Bartkowski wheeling the net and jumpstarting the breakout.  I can see him getting lit up Steve Downie on Sean Donavan style because the opponent knows to expect it.  Turnover, goal, maybe injury.  Krug has adapted to when and where he's getting pressured on the PP, but the Blackhawks did a great job of taking away his options and forcing turnovers last year.  Maybe that is in the past, maybe not.  Toronto got Hamilton to be too aggressive on his pinches and that led to too many chances.  If I'm a coach gameplanning for the Bruins, my first idea is to breakdown the tendencies of these three and see how uncomfortable I can make them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Oh, it counts for something for sure.  To be clear, I didn't start this thinking they ought to replace Krug.  I think you think of selling high if you've already decided he's not a long term fit, and I'm not in that camp.  The question was whether or not there was an offer out there that the Bruins should consider.  I mean, Seidenberg and Bartkowski were had for less than Krug (Craig Weller, Byron Bitz and a 2nd round pick...man, is that a fleecing).  I can't imagine there is, though.

On the "concern" side - teams will have a full year of tape on these guys going into the playoffs and they will read and react and adapt better over a 7 game series.  Biggest example I can think of off the top - Bartkowski wheeling the net and jumpstarting the breakout.  I can see him getting lit up Steve Downie on Sean Donavan style because the opponent knows to expect it.  Turnover, goal, maybe injury.  Krug has adapted to when and where he's getting pressured on the PP, but the Blackhawks did a great job of taking away his options and forcing turnovers last year.  Maybe that is in the past, maybe not.  Toronto got Hamilton to be too aggressive on his pinches and that led to too many chances.  If I'm a coach gameplanning for the Bruins, my first idea is to breakdown the tendencies of these three and see how uncomfortable I can make them.

you look at it that way, i look at it this way. everyone has tape on everyone. in your scenario, it would seem that guys that are proven vets would be the easiest to play against- because there's more tape to show tendencies. whether someone enters the nhl through the ahl or khl, there's LOTS of tape for coaches to look at. to me it's all about "is the moment too big for a young player". last year krug definitely showed it wasn't.

[/QUOTE]

you look at it that way, i look at it this way. everyone has tape on everyone. in your scenario, it would seem that guys that are proven vets would be the easiest to play against- because there's more tape to show tendencies. whether someone enters the nhl through the ahl or khl, there's LOTS of tape for coaches to look at. to me it's all about "is the moment too big for a young player". last year krug definitely showed it wasn't.

[/QUOTE]

True enough, but the more experience a player has in the NHL, the more likely the are to make smooth assessments of their options and, if a preferred option is taken away, find another that will get the job done.  Krug became more and more dicey against Chicago as they figured out a way to pressure him that he wasn't immediately able to deal with.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Hamilton not same as pronger at all 

Krug has offence going for him nothing else.  Remember this question? Will krug produce offensively year in and year out - I Don't think so

Trade krug loui and smith for seguin

What u think nill would say  I know what chia would say

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Krug has offence going for him nothing else.  Remember this question? Will krug produce offensively year in and year out - I Don't think so

you have to admit though, you were wrong in saying that krug would top out at 12 goals this year. 

A moment in the brain of marco:

Interesting debate about Krug....

Needs more Sequins.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

When you see the other teams players, turn around skate forward towards their end, gain speed than turn around to face him . That's because they're respecting his "speed"! They don't want him to blow by them with it. And when Krug is gettin beat it's against bigger forwards that have speed as well. He's not getting beaten by speed. he's getting out muscled. And that's to be expected when you're a 175lbs d-man. I wouldn't trade him unless it was for something nobody see's coming. I think he Hamilton are the future of the this teams defense for years to come. I have no complaints about that.

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

you have to admit though, you were wrong in saying that krug would top out at 12 goals this year. 

Wooo there buddy I said 12-15 goals 

U said at least 20

U also said 30 for gallagher

I ssid he won't get 20 

Btw u also said 35 for iggy

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

A moment in the brain of marco:

Interesting debate about Krug....

Needs more Sequins.

I like need more seguins