Would you trade Krug?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Would you trade Krug?

Obviously depends on what you got back, but sure, if I was the GM I'd consider it.

I like Krug as much as the next guy, he's fast, great on the PP, and a nose for making that all important first pass out of the zone.

The reason I'd consider moving him is pretty simple...IMO, Krug, Bart, and Hamilton are all offensive minded players (and Krug isn't big either). Nothing wrong with that but I think the B's would benefit in the playoffs from another big stay at home "D first" DMan (I'll get bashed for this, but a Robyn Regehr type), especially since McQ is dinged. I would move Bart if possible ( I'm not a fan of Bart on the PK) but I think Krug would fetch way more. I think Hamilton will be a great DMan and has better size and it would take a king's ransom to part with him.

Not saying I want Krug traded, but would certainly have to entertain the idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not saying I want Krug traded, but would certainly have to entertain the idea.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The point I was trying to make was it would take Krug straight up to get a B/B+ player in return. But I think to get a Krug-like player (offensive, but bigger d-man) you'd have to offer Krug and then some. For the same trade with Bartkowski, you're talking him, something else good AND a draft pick.

I'd rather keep Krug and trade Bartkowski and pay a little more. The team doesnt need to get younger anywhere on the roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

If I were in charge, Krug stays.

However, if a multi-player deal materialized where Doughty or Pietrangelo was coming this way....then....I might change my mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

However, if a multi-player deal materialized where Doughty or Pietrangelo was coming this way....then....I might change my mind.

[/QUOTE]

You can stop holding your breath.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

There you go! Many of us were complaining that our power play sucked and now that we have a good fit for the power play you want to trade the guy... I'm not saying we cannot trade him-- all the Bruins players could be traded if the price is right-- but let's be realistic :  there are not many players that can play that role.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

We were all complaining about the PP and how it needed a quarterback as Chara was too predictable, and we complained that the B's needed a puck moving defenceman.I think Krug fills both and is only in his first year in the NHL.Is this his peak? Imo it isn't.My feeling is for the B's to keep Tory for a year or two and see how Hamilton does as a PP d-man and how Bartkowski does as well.If in the future it looks like all three are bringing the same qualities to the PP,trade one of them.Hamilton won't be going anywhere and Bartkowski is growing on me.Maybe Krug will be the odd man out,but not this year.Now if the Predators wanted to trade Weber straight up for Krug,well,maybe its a go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

He's RFA next year.  Any D that doesn't stink the place out in his own end, and scores like Krug is a bonafide steal at 900 and change per.  It would be very difficult for the b's to make much of an upgrade for equal money.

Question is, what's he worth next year, and since we're just taking a flier here, how do you move forward with the defense corp, "if" the Bruins go as deep as they did last year...with my favorite Bruin, Seidenberg on the sidelines.

He isn't getting any younger....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Just to clarify my position, The Bs do lack size with speed on defense. The problem will not be the regular season or even in the Eastern Conference team matchups.  The problem is the Western Conference teams like Anaheim but not excluding St. Louis.  The need to fill Chara's position will potentially go to Hamilton.  The fact of the matter is that two or three years from now may just be too late to label the Bs as SCF contenders.  So yes I would trade Krug.  I would hang onto Bartkowski.  Hamilton is a keeper.  So who did I say should be on the left side with Chara etc.  Yandle.  Spooner, Krug and an Caron (hehe) ok 1st rounder.  The chance is now.  Book you touched upon my argument below.  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

How is Bartkowski "another Hawgie"?  He and Keith are almost exactly the same size.  In fact, I kind of like that frame of reference.  Keith "killed" the Bruins last year by being quick to the puck, and silky smooth skating the puck out of the forecheck.  Bruins had trouble laying a body on him after game 1, and he just refused to get sucked into physical puck battles, though when there was no other option, he was pretty good at winning them.  That's the kind of game Bartkowski should aspire to play.  Until he gets there, he's my odd man of the three.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

We were all complaining about the PP and how it needed a quarterback as Chara was too predictable, and we complained that the B's needed a puck moving defenceman.I think Krug fills both and is only in his first year in the NHL.Is this his peak?

...and therein lie the conundrum, their power play is definitely improved with Krug at the point, but the issue that scares me come playoff time, is that the penalty kill has slipped out of the top third in the league and is letting in goals almost 20% of the time. That is a recipe for disaster in the post season. the only 2 truly reliable DMen on the PK are Chara and Boychuck (and even that is debateable).  I think that Miller has done admirable as a stay at home DMan, but I think the loss of Seidenberg is a big one to overcome.

Offense is beautiful and I love the fact their PP is improved, but I think they really need another real defensive stallwart when the playoffs arrive. In order for that to happen you may need to look at Krug as the most valuable chip on the table. If you could deal Bart and a forward for that defensive type player obviously that would be the first choice.

...speaking of which, does anyone else feel that as the game has evolved recently there is a dearth of solid defensive defensemen out there? It seems that the offensive minded  Krugs, Hamiltons, Subbans, and Karlssons, etc. are becoming the norm as opposed to the exception?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can stop holding your breath.  

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be holding my breath anytime soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

What's with all the "Keith killed us" talk?

Although, Keith, Kane, Sharp, Hossa and Seabrooke are substantial talents, none of them was individually responsible.

Except for maybe Hossa, they were healthier than the Bruins. Plus the Bruins shot themselves in the foot.

I'm not complaining, they won fair and square. I think a rematch, in the final, would reverse the result. I would bet on it without reservation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Although, Keith, Kane, Sharp, Hossa and Seabrooke are substantial talents, none of them was individually responsible.

Except for maybe Hossa, they were healthier than the Bruins. Plus the Bruins shot themselves in the foot.

I'm not complaining, they won fair and square. I think a rematch, in the final, would reverse the result. I would bet on it without reservation.

[/QUOTE]

No one is healthy in the stanley cup finals.  Both teams played great.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The whole series changed on the goal off of Ference's skate.It was that close.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think I started that term, so I'll respond.  Obviously it was a very close series and obviously both teams have a lot of different talent.  With breaks and luck, the Bruins could have won the series.  I think the Bruins matched up pretty well in most areas, even well enough to overcome Kane and Toews.

But Keith gave us fits.  I hate to agree with Bookboy so much, but that smallish NCAA defensemen was the key difference to me...  Seriously though, it was exactly what Book described.  The Bruins just couldn't forecheck him effectively, they couldn't get into battles in the corner with him, and he seemed to avoid the all pressure so deftly that Chicago got clean break after clean break when he was out there.  So much of their 'speed' seemed predicated on Keith starting the play in their zone so crisply.  It seemed like he played half of the game every night, and he was a beast in the offensive zone too (and on special teams).  I really think he had a huge impact on that series, albeit a more subtle one that Towes and Kane.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would give Krug and Krejci for Ryan Johansen right now

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think I started that term, so I'll respond.  Obviously it was a very close series and obviously both teams have a lot of different talent.  With breaks and luck, the Bruins could have won the series.  I think the Bruins matched up pretty well in most areas, even well enough to overcome Kane and Toews.

But Keith gave us fits.  I hate to agree with Bookboy so much, but that smallish NCAA defensemen was the key difference to me...  Seriously though, it was exactly what Book described.  The Bruins just couldn't forecheck him effectively, they couldn't get into battles in the corner with him, and he seemed to avoid the all pressure so deftly that Chicago got clean break after clean break when he was out there.  So much of their 'speed' seemed predicated on Keith starting the play in their zone so crisply.  It seemed like he played half of the game every night, and he was a beast in the offensive zone too (and on special teams).  I really think he had a huge impact on that series, albeit a more subtle one that Towes and Kane.  

[/QUOTE]

Book makes a good point. And yes Keith's subtleties had an affect.

And because of both points, should they meet again, Bruins will counter effectively beyond a shadow of a doubt. That is why I would gladly put money on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The whole series changed on the goal off of Ference's skate.It was that close.

[/QUOTE]

while i think the hawks had a pretty signficant edge in games 5 and 6, if it weren't for puck luck we're still talking about how the bruins swept the penguins and hawks back to back. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this isn't helping your chances at getting PC's job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this isn't helping your chances at getting PC's job.

[/QUOTE]

Great GMs dont need fans approval when they make a trade....they need RESULTS and with Johansen you would see immediate results

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

Keith gave us fits.  I hate to agree with Bookboy so much, but that smallish NCAA defensemen was the key difference to me...  Seriously though, it was exactly what Book described.  

[/QUOTE]

Must be maddening!  Bwa-ha-ha!

Especially when I come along and correct you.  Keith decided to forego a full slate of classes typical of NCAA scholarship athletes, including "Sandwich Making (lab)" "Subtraction: Addition's Tricky Pal" "Pre-Law: Age of Consent in 50 States" and "The Poetry of Fred Shero" and go play Jr. hockey like a real man.  Plus, at 6'1" 200, I don't consider him part of the shrimp cocktail of NCAA defensemen.

*totally stole the courses from an old Letterman top ten about football players from SMU.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Great GMs dont need fans approval when they make a trade....

[/QUOTE]

Neither do pretend GM's.

Awful trade proposal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Keith gave us fits.  I hate to agree with Bookboy so much, but that smallish NCAA defensemen was the key difference to me...  Seriously though, it was exactly what Book described.  

[/QUOTE]

Must be maddening!  Bwa-ha-ha!

Especially when I come along and correct you.  Keith decided to forego a full slate of classes typical of NCAA scholarship athletes, including "Sandwich Making (lab)" "Subtraction: Addition's Tricky Pal" "Pre-Law: Age of Consent in 50 States" and "The Poetry of Fred Shero" and go play Jr. hockey like a real man.  Plus, at 6'1" 200, I don't consider him part of the shrimp cocktail of NCAA defensemen.

*totally stole the courses from an old Letterman top ten about football players from SMU.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, no worse than the two exercise science classes he'd be taking at Poutine Community College, while being billeted with the (North) Northern Frostyville Moosenuts of the QPNWJHL.

I ran into Keith in a hotel lobby when he was at MSU.  No bigger than 5'11.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He could still put Krug in one pocket and Hunwick in the other.

At least the Moosenuts aren't pretending that the reason he's on the team is because of the fabulous education he's getting at Poutine.  Poutine is a CEGEP, by the way....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Great GMs dont need fans approval when they make a trade....

[/QUOTE]

Neither do pretend GM's.

Awful trade proposal.

[/QUOTE]

As are almost all of his proposals and "predictions." Krejci has more points than Johansen, so let's trade for him and send them Krug as well! That sounds like a great idea, said no one, ever.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"totally stole the courses from an old Letterman top ten about football players from SMU"

One of the best parts of the 30 in 30 ESPN documentry on SMU. Was when the media presented the adminstartion with the envelopes that were used to mail payments to the players. They letters had SMUs return address on them with the school stamp.

SMU deserved the death penalty.

PS. The Trans A&M LoL