Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?

I'm sure as Seguin gets used to nhl play and gets stronger he will score more points and be a better player than he is today.

But personally i'm not a fan of his game. Even if he adds experience and Strength i doubt he will embrace playing on the boards, corners and other tough areas. He is a perimeter Forward and has a game similiar to Mike Ribeiro/Patrik Elias. It is not Bruins style hockey. Seguin may eventually dislike playing for us and in turn we may not be utilizing his true skills on the ice.

On the other hand a guy like Sean Couturier would be a great great fit with us. He is compared to Eric/Jordan Staal, Johnathan Toews, tall, two way player, tough and pretty skilled. Adam Larsson is also considered one of those defensemen that don't come around too often. Has size, smarts and skills to be a franchise D. 

Right now the way things are looking Edmonton is bound to land the 1st or 2nd pick for this upcoming draft. If they get #1 , they will draft Larsson and won't trade with anyone. (really need a franchise D)

But if they draft #2 i bet we could get the pick plus prospect/another pick for Seguin. The debate as to who got the best player in last years draft wouldn't matter anymore since Edmonton would be able to secure both. 

Then we would be able to draft Couturier

I have written this thread knowing i will get some verbal beatings. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

Re: Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?

Yaz, you dont trade seguin. its called development for a reason. None  of these guys in the draft have as much raw talent as tyler and taylor did last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No.  Seguin's skills are pretty obvious even when he struggles.  He's already a different player on the wall.  He may never be a dominant cycle player, but he'll manage, but when he's not working the boards - you know, like, the other 70% of the ice - he'll be a pretty special player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure as Seguin gets used to nhl play and gets stronger he will score more points and be a better player than he is today. But personally i'm not a fan of his game. Even if he adds experience and Strength i doubt he will embrace playing on the boards, corners and other tough areas. He is a perimeter Forward and has a game similiar to Mike Ribeiro/Patrik Elias. It is not Bruins style hockey. Seguin may eventually dislike playing for us and in turn we may not be utilizing his true skills on the ice. On the other hand a guy like Sean Couturier would be a great great fit with us. He is compared to Eric/Jordan Staal, Johnathan Toews, tall, two way player, tough and pretty skilled. Adam Larsson is also considered one of those defensemen that don't come around too often. Has size, smarts and skills to be a franchise D.  Right now the way things are looking Edmonton is bound to land the 1st or 2nd pick for this upcoming draft. If they get #1 , they will draft Larsson and won't trade with anyone. (really need a franchise D) But if they draft #2 i bet we could get the pick plus prospect/another pick for Seguin. The debate as to who got the best player in last years draft wouldn't matter anymore since Edmonton would be able to secure both.  Then we would be able to draft Couturier I have written this thread knowing i will get some verbal beatings. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Yaz,have you noticed that people refer to you in the same way as Rmiller and other trolls?You've cried about not liking Seguin for almost a year now.Plain and simple,you wrote the thread because you're an idiot.Time for you to join Bruins8 and the other trolls on the ignore list.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh...and the only part that deserves a full on caning is comparing him to a Ribiero.  For that matter, comparing Elias to Ribiero damages your credibility almost beyond repair.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?:
    [QUOTE]Oh...and the only part that deserves a full on caning is comparing him to a Ribiero.  For that matter, comparing Elias to Ribiero damages your credibility almost beyond repair.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Credibility........ha ha ha.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin just turned 19.  Sure lets trade him.  Why not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I sometimes get upset as well with Seguin. I mean being 22 myself and watching what this kid is doing at just days over 19. I get jealous. I don't get so upset that I want him to be traded though. Kid is going to be a franchise player and hopefully will be a B for a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure as Seguin gets used to nhl play and gets stronger he will score more points and be a better player than he is today. But personally i'm not a fan of his game. Even if he adds experience and Strength i doubt he will embrace playing on the boards, corners and other tough areas. He is a perimeter Forward and has a game similiar to Mike Ribeiro/Patrik Elias. It is not Bruins style hockey. Seguin may eventually dislike playing for us and in turn we may not be utilizing his true skills on the ice. On the other hand a guy like Sean Couturier would be a great great fit with us. He is compared to Eric/Jordan Staal, Johnathan Toews, tall, two way player, tough and pretty skilled. Adam Larsson is also considered one of those defensemen that don't come around too often. Has size, smarts and skills to be a franchise D.  Right now the way things are looking Edmonton is bound to land the 1st or 2nd pick for this upcoming draft. If they get #1 , they will draft Larsson and won't trade with anyone. (really need a franchise D) But if they draft #2 i bet we could get the pick plus prospect/another pick for Seguin. The debate as to who got the best player in last years draft wouldn't matter anymore since Edmonton would be able to secure both.  Then we would be able to draft Couturier I have written this thread knowing i will get some verbal beatings. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

"perimeter player" ?  First, he's not afraid to go to the net.   Or maybe a perimeter player - like Stamkos?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So you want to trade Seguin for a pick who will be less talented and a year behind in growth..becuase I'm not seeing a player this year with Seguins talent/credentials?

Oh wait you said he doesn't play "Bruins" hockey..Bruins hockey means no Cup in over 3 decades so maybe he is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Yet another Stupid Seguin post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] compared to Eric/Jordan Staal...
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Suggesting that the Staal brothers are similar magnifies your lack of hockey knowledge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I cant stand these cliches such as "Bruins Style Hockey."

It takes a MIX of different skill sets and styles to win in the playoffs.  If everyone on the Bruins had the same style, we'd be one dimensional.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Couturier is a hybrid of Eric and Jordan Staal because he is skilled like Eric offensively and as responsible defensively like Jordan. Toews is a much better comparion

Seguin is a perimeter forward. Why try to think otherwise? That doesn't mean these type of players can't succeed in the league. But he is not going to like playing for us. Personally i don't like how he plays either, not born with some ballz

Couturier would be a great addition. He would be able to play on all lines and multitple situations. Responsible and skilled players like him don't come around too often

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'll say this, though - it's fascinating to see just how far the love of fantasizing about prospects can go.  Is it a gambler thing?  You know, taking a risk that a Ladeskog or Couturier (sorry, I just can't wrap my head around "Dressmaker" as a "Bruins-type player" any more than I could have "The Flower") will become a bigger star than Seguin.  Doesn't matter who the kid is, there's always next year's number 1!  There are plenty of good reasons to be excited about young players making it into the league - I admit that - and yeah, there's nothing better than a shot at a true franchise player like Lemieux, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Crosby.  But to take a guy who has already shown the raw material of that kind of player and pass him on because the next guy might be even better?  If I'm Vegas, I have a room reserved for yaz any time he wants it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Responsible and skilled is what they said about Zach Hamill - "played for Kevin Constantine, so you know he's been well coached on his defensive responsibilities, but he also led the WHL in scoring as an 18 year old...".

Tyler Seguin is the third youngest player to play in the league this year, second youngest among guys still in the league behind Skinner.  Let's agree that being behind Skinner on both counts is testament to what a great year Skinner's having and not a knock on Seguin.

There's a difference between being a perimeter player and being a skilled player who excels in open ice.  One part of that difference is the willingness to go into the corners and  along the boards to retrieve pucks.  In terms of his development this year, Seguin has improved most in that area.  In other words, unlike a perimeter player, Seguin is willing to go into the corners, and he's always been willing to go to the net.  You're looking for reasons where there are none.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Couturier is a hybrid of Eric and Jordan Staal because he is skilled like Eric offensively and as responsible defensively like Jordan. Toews is a much better comparion Seguin is a perimeter forward. Why try to think otherwise? That doesn't mean these type of players can't succeed in the league. But he is not going to like playing for us. Personally i don't like how he plays either, not born with some ballz Couturier would be a great addition. He would be able to play on all lines and multitple situations. Responsible and skilled players like him don't come around too often
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Yawn. Just like Bergeron? Next years crop is supposed to be less NHL ready than this years crop of rookies. So why would you season seguin for 1 year then let him go, to season a different rookie and hope he turns out as well as Seguin does the next time?

Not only are you insulting Seguin you are slowing the evolution of the B's as a team by doing so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Trade....Seguin?

For a draft pick?

Why??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Please don't compare Lankensog to Couturier. Lankensog is another Martin Lapointe in the making While Couturier has superstar skills. 

Hamill is also no comparison. 

How does Seguin qualify to be that much better than Couturier? Other than a great 100 plus point season what else does Seguin bring on his resume?

Couturier has already played for team Canada and is a much better defensive player even though he hasn't set foot on nhl ice. 

Seguin lastly has not improved his willingness to go in the corners. He doesn't check, or wait to be checked so that he could hold the puck a little longer. He hasn't changed much since day 1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not in your wildest dreams. Looking for first round studs? take a look at Edmonton who may, once again, pick among the first, and still finish among the last. Look at the Islanders, quite a few first round opportunities. seguin is allready skilled and INTELLIGENT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't compare Lankensog to Couturier. Lankensog is another Martin Lapointe in the making While Couturier has superstar skills.  Hamill is also no comparison.  How does Seguin qualify to be that much better than Couturier? Other than a great 100 plus point season what else does Seguin bring on his resume? Couturier has already played for team Canada and is a much better defensive player even though he hasn't set foot on nhl ice.  Seguin lastly has not improved his willingness to go in the corners. He doesn't check, or wait to be checked so that he could hold the puck a little longer. He hasn't changed much since day 1
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

18 year old players never get any better after their first season, either. The time is right to move Seguin while his trade value is still high.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I was under the impression that the players in the next draft were projected to be better than Hall and Seguin....I guess I had the wrong information. Seguin is what he is. A ROOKIE.....His skating and size will all improve come next year and the year after. I take his play with a grain of salt and believe he is getting the ice time he deserves. Everyone needs to relax and realize it will all be different for him next year....This year is to get his feet wet and learn the game, even if it means holding him back. We sure as heck dont want another one dimensional player like we had before we traded him to Toronto.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick? : Suggesting that the Staal brothers are similar magnifies your lack of hockey knowledge.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Taking someone's words out of context magnifies your ignorance.    You have some really good posts particularly on the threads you start, but it seems your favorite thing to do is to be dismissive.  He clearly confined his comparison in the context of size strength and two way play.  You leave this out of your quote because your bullying is not nearly as effective if it were included.  Then when people start threads calling you out for this, many of the regulars go on and defend you as an intelligent poster.  Where is the intelligence in this post.  What is the point other then to hurt someone's feelings.  I disagree with Yaz on this one too, but I don't have to be mean about it.  This board is a funner place to be if we take it upon ourselves to disagree respectfully.  It is something we can all work on, I know I am, and I suggest you do the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The 2011 draft is thought to be the weakest in years and there is no clear #1. Last year was considered a strong year and Hall/Seguin a notch above the rest. There is a reason for this. Seguin and Hall are can't miss stars in the eyes of the scouts while there are no particular players labelled as such in 2011.

Does this mean that the scouts are never wrong and Seguin is destined to be a star? Of course not but it is rather more likely than the players being offered in the upcoming draft.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This year's draft is considered good, but lacking in clear-cut can't-miss prospects.  That includes Couturier.  He is not a Staal, either one, and isn't likely to be one.  He is not particularly fast or skilled, but a solid all-around player.  He may not even be at top-2 pick.  Seguin was the top-rated prospect last year and considered well above everyone except Hall.  It would be the same if he was being drafted this year, and he has done nothing in his young NHL career that should cause any doubt.  Seguin is a rare talent that you don't get in every draft.  Trading him for a good solid player would be nothing short of a disaster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Hell no.

Sections
Shortcuts