Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdp123. Show rdp123's posts

Re: Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?

Seriously? give the kid a chance

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you don't think Seguin has improved his play in the corners and along the boards, there's no point continuing this conversation.  Does he still have plenty of room to improve?  Of course, but the fact that he's getting it, taking better angles, and managing his body and balance more effectively suggests he will continue to improve.

As for comparing Couturier and Landeskog, you mean the way just about every credible mock draft has before deciding that SC is now the 4th rated prospect?  And we're talking about the guy who, despite being a three-year player in the Q, isn't likely to match Seguin's 106 in the generally-more-reserved OHL?

You want to throw comparables out for these guys like Lapointe for Landeskog?  How about Ricci for Couturier.  Two 50+ goal, 100+ point seasons in the OHL, labelled a complete player and natural captain.  Predicted by many to go ahead of Nolan, Nedved and Primeau that year.  Did go ahead of Jagr.  Had one 30 goal year for the Nordiques - his fourth season in the league, but only hit the 20 plateau twice from that point on.  Don't get me wrong - nice player, good career, and I think Couturier would be reasonably happy if you offered it to him tomorrow.  But would you trade Seguin, who looks for all the world like he could be a PPG or better player, for him?  

I mean...I guess we know you would. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Hey Book, let us save this thread until this time next year and see what Yaz says about Seguin.  I have a hunch that he may be singing a different tune...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?:
    [QUOTE]Please don't compare Lankensog to Couturier. Lankensog is another Martin Lapointe in the making While Couturier has superstar skills.  Hamill is also no comparison.  How does Seguin qualify to be that much better than Couturier? Other than a great 100 plus point season what else does Seguin bring on his resume? Couturier has already played for team Canada and is a much better defensive player even though he hasn't set foot on nhl ice.  Seguin lastly has not improved his willingness to go in the corners. He doesn't check, or wait to be checked so that he could hold the puck a little longer. He hasn't changed much since day 1
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

You have made the comparison of Landeskog ( not Lankensog ) and Lapointe before. Didn't see the comparisons then and still don't see how you can compare the two. Landeskog's skill level makes him a candidate for being a top 6 forward.  Lapointe's skill level wasn't nowhere near what Landeskog's is now. Comparisons are fun but IMO you aren't even close on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Chowdahkid, I am curious as to whom you would most like to see the B's draft this June.  Who do you think is the best fit for the B's and who would most likely be there for them, maybe someone everyone else is sleeping on?  Your insights on this board are intelligent an welcome, so I figure that you have a pretty good grasp on this year's draft class.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 1/3/2010
    Last: 3/2/2011
    In Response to Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?:
    I'm sure as Seguin gets used to nhl play and gets stronger he will score more points and be a better player than he is today. But personally i'm not a fan of his game. Even if he adds experience and Strength i doubt he will embrace playing on the boards, corners and other tough areas. He is a perimeter Forward and has a game similiar to Mike Ribeiro/Patrik Elias. It is not Bruins style hockey. Seguin may eventually dislike playing for us and in turn we may not be utilizing his true skills on the ice. On the other hand a guy like Sean Couturier would be a great great fit with us. He is compared to Eric/Jordan Staal, Johnathan Toews, tall, two way player, tough and pretty skilled. Adam Larsson is also considered one of those defensemen that don't come around too often. Has size, smarts and skills to be a franchise D.  Right now the way things are looking Edmonton is bound to land the 1st or 2nd pick for this upcoming draft. If they get #1 , they will draft Larsson and won't trade with anyone. (really need a franchise D) But if they draft #2 i bet we could get the pick plus prospect/another pick for Seguin. The debate as to who got the best player in last years draft wouldn't matter anymore since Edmonton would be able to secure both.  Then we would be able to draft Couturier I have written this thread knowing i will get some verbal beatings. 
    Posted by yaz16

Yaz,have you noticed that people refer to you in the same way as Rmiller and other trolls?You've cried about not liking Seguin for almost a year now.Plain and simple,you wrote the thread because you're an idiot.Time for you to join Bruins8 and the other trolls on the ignore list. the thread because you're an idiot.Time for you to join Bruins8 and the other trolls on the ignore list.

As Smokey Robinson would say--- "I second that emotion".

YAZ your a dope!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Would you trade Seguin for next years 1st or 2nd pick?:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure as Seguin gets used to nhl play and gets stronger he will score more points and be a better player than he is today. But personally i'm not a fan of his game. Even if he adds experience and Strength i doubt he will embrace playing on the boards, corners and other tough areas. He is a perimeter Forward and has a game similiar to Mike Ribeiro/Patrik Elias. It is not Bruins style hockey. Seguin may eventually dislike playing for us and in turn we may not be utilizing his true skills on the ice. On the other hand a guy like Sean Couturier would be a great great fit with us. He is compared to Eric/Jordan Staal, Johnathan Toews, tall, two way player, tough and pretty skilled. Adam Larsson is also considered one of those defensemen that don't come around too often. Has size, smarts and skills to be a franchise D.  Right now the way things are looking Edmonton is bound to land the 1st or 2nd pick for this upcoming draft. If they get #1 , they will draft Larsson and won't trade with anyone. (really need a franchise D) But if they draft #2 i bet we could get the pick plus prospect/another pick for Seguin. The debate as to who got the best player in last years draft wouldn't matter anymore since Edmonton would be able to secure both.  Then we would be able to draft Couturier I have written this thread knowing i will get some verbal beatings. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Although I strongly disagree....no verbal beatings from this poster.  You not only state your opinions, you also state your rationale, and attempt to validate both with your suggested options.  Wish more posters would include "their" logic, with their opinion.
    Again, I disagree.  In fact I think it's a terrible idea.  If an "established elite scorer" were dangled in front of PC's face, he'd probably have to consider it, but certainly never in exchange for a prospect who's one year behind in his development....and a player the industry projects to be less impactful than Seguin.  No one in this years draft seems to really excite the industry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Yaz,
    Last years draft was better then this years draft, (and the previous year draft).. So for a lottery pick? meaning you get the top 1-2 players, no obviously not.. Like his game or not he is projected to be a better player then anyone in this years draft..

Would you have traded stamkos, for the chance to draft tavares?  cause till the balls fall, your trading for a chance.. If this was the ovechkin malkin draft, and you know you would get #1 or #2 its something to consider..

Also, if a team is willing to trade seguin for the number 1, doesn't that tell you whose value is higher?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

roler... i hope you do understand i was playing the devil's advocate yesterday, trying to stir the pot. practically everyone on this board was in favor of TT getting the start- along with the coaching staff (TT was 1st off the ice in morning skate)- what i thought was an interesting issue, was obviously not. i don't think either of us went overboard with our comments- no hard feelings from my end. as for seguin... this kid is doing just fine considering his situation(rookie on cup contending team), and he has shown flashes of what could be in the future. this kid needs time, not a new place to play

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't compare Lankensog to Couturier. Lankensog is another Martin Lapointe in the making While Couturier has superstar skills.  Hamill is also no comparison.  How does Seguin qualify to be that much better than Couturier? Other than a great 100 plus point season what else does Seguin bring on his resume? Couturier has already played for team Canada and is a much better defensive player even though he hasn't set foot on nhl ice.  Seguin lastly has not improved his willingness to go in the corners. He doesn't check, or wait to be checked so that he could hold the puck a little longer. He hasn't changed much since day 1
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Doesn't go into the corners ! Doesn't compete along the boards ! Avoids the
    traffic areas !  Hey, sounds like your describing Gretzky's style of play .

Way to go champ !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...actually, this kinda makes me wonder what hockey101 is doing these days...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say this, though - it's fascinating to see just how far the love of fantasizing about prospects can go.  Is it a gambler thing?  You know, taking a risk that a Ladeskog or Couturier (sorry, I just can't wrap my head around "Dressmaker" as a "Bruins-type player" any more than I could have "The Flower") will become a bigger star than Seguin.  Doesn't matter who the kid is, there's always next year's number 1!  There are plenty of good reasons to be excited about young players making it into the league - I admit that - and yeah, there's nothing better than a shot at a true franchise player like Lemieux, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Crosby.  But to take a guy who has already shown the raw material of that kind of player and pass him on because the next guy might be even better?  If I'm Vegas, I have a room reserved for yaz any time he wants it.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I refer to this as "Youth Mongering".  It's maddening.  I've even seen people on this board suggest that we trade Krejci based on teh logic: it's seguin time now.

Rediculous.