Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform?

I will play along.

Looch in a pkg for Malkin.  It would start with Bergie/Looch/Toronto's 1st rounder and likely our 1st rounder.  I will politely pass.

As for the Islanders.  They likely would have to pkg Taveres with Oko.  And picks. 

The ideal fit might be Calgary or even the Leafs.  LA as well. 
    Calgary offering Iggy and a 1st rounder + more
    Leafs offering Armstrong, Schenn, Kadri, + more.
    LA offering Brown, Simmonds, Hickey +picks

Malkin is still very young and one of the best players in the league.  I think he needs to be a #1 somewhere.  But Pitt would want a lot in return.  And if they can get it and make Staal their #2 center I would think they would at least listen. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Ray Shero is in the driver seat on this type of deal. The other team has to take on  8.7Mil hit until the summer 2014. So I don't think lets say in the Islanders scenario it would take Taveres with Okposo and picks that's four players for  a very heavy cap hit. 

If Shero sent out an email saying Malkin was available my response would be Krejci and the Toronto's pick with the attitude of I'm doing you a favor taking that cap hit off your hands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think Pittsburgh will trade Malkin.
    I don't think anyone else should respond to this post.

I do know I am dumber for having actually read this post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There isn't a player on Boston that I wouldn't combine with Toronto's first round pick to get Geno Malkin in the Bruins jersey.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrinandBearit. Show GrinandBearit's posts

Thank you, no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

Shero is totally in the drivers seat.  8 million? That doesnt scare Pitt.  And they already have 3 #1 centers so they have the edge in the supply and demand game. 
    Krejci and his 7 goals and a 1st round pick(in a weak draft) for one of the premier players in the world.  Ray wouldn't even say hello before hanging up.

I would put any of our top 2 players in a deal plus our two 1st rounders for Malkin.  And the thing is it likely wouldnt be enough. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

For all you threaders who think Pittsburgh will not trade Malkin. This summer their will be a block buster trade for Malkin. Why you ask, my answer is quite simple. Pits mngt. already said thay want to sign FA's Dupuis Talbot Rupp and Kennedy. If it means trading Malkin then it will be an option we will look at. If I was Mario then I would be very concern about signing at least 3 out 4 players mention above. Staal will be a realiable second center he is no Malkin but if Pits. loses all 4 players mention above to FA's they will not be cup contenders next season. Everyone always look at super stars or elite players but always forget about the 3rd and 4th lines come playoff time ( the back bone for playoff competition).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dupi/Talbot/Rupp and Kennedy wont get huge raises.  They are nice fringe players but they wont break the bank for them.

I could see Malkin getting dealt...I mean Gretzky got traded so anyone is available.  But a pkg to land Malkin would be outstanding.  I mean outstanding!  Think of teams top young players plus picks. 
    The Kings are always mentioned and they have some great young talent.  but it seriously would take likely 3 of their best young players and picks
    Scheen, Brown, Simmonds, picks and possibly Hickey.  LA likely would do this deal.  But I still think Pitt would want more. 
    Staal is a very capible 2nd line center.  Heck he could be a 1st liner on most teams. 

It could happen.  But I think the safer bet is to keep him and his world class talent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

TOR: Malkin

PIT: Kessel, Kadri, 1st in 2012, 2nd in 2012

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i'd do it in a heartbeat, he instantly makes you a much better offensive team than the bruins are now especially with their weak power play

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform?:[QUOTE]San, Shero is totally in the drivers seat.  8 million? That doesnt scare Pitt. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about how many centers Pittsburgh already have not me. An obvious point that you brought up that I didn't dispute is of course the Penguins can afford the 8mil Shero gave out the extension (Obviously).

My comments (which you missed because you didn't read them more obvious) not many teams could fit 8mil under their cap and have the package that Shero would want that puts opposing GMs in the driver seat if Ray were to shop Maulkin which will not happen.

Shopping an 8mil salary puts any GM at a disadvantage ask Joe Nieuwendyk who has been shopping Richards for 3 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform?:
    [QUOTE]TOR: Malkin PIT: Kessel, Kadri, 1st in 2012, 2nd in 2012
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

lol Toronto is the only place I could see Malkin failing. Then Kessel would score like 45g from Crosby feeds haha. Sad thing is this probably crossed burked mind while he played NHL 11.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

Having both Players/Picks and Cap Space.  Players would be the hardest thing.  Find me one team that wouldnt find cap room for Malkin if they had the players?

The Islanders are so far under the cap max they had to purchase players to get to the league min.  The Islanders arent a great example b/c they easily would have the Cap Room-Players-Picks. 

I see what you are saying though.  Thanks for the caps, it made it easier for me to follow along at home.  Next I need a bouncing ball to go over each word as I read it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform?:[QUOTE]San, Having both Players/Picks and Cap Space.  Players would be the hardest thing.  Find me one team that wouldnt find cap room for Malkin if they had the players?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

No you find the team seeing you have so many and if the Islanders are your first example you can forget it Wang is done with long term contracts that Milbury gave out. The Islanders are looking to keep salaries low because Charles Wang is fed up with Nassau County so he will either sell or move the team can't do that with a high payroll hence the fact New York hovers around the cap floor.

Keep looking for those teams that would take on that type of salary small market and even medium size market teams won't do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

for one of the best players on earth.  Every Canadian Market for starters.  But you want small to mid.  Edmonton is classed as a small-mid?  They would take him in a minute. 
    I would stick to my opinion that every team would line up to get a crack at Malkin.  Malkin hasnt even entered his prime yet.  Columbus would do cart wheels to have someone play with Nash.  We arent talking about a guy like Kessel.  We are talking top 5 in the world and when he is on he could be the best.  Small-Medium or Large teams would line up.  There is absolutely no way either of us can claim right or wrong and I do see where you are heading with the business side of the debate.  BUT Malkin?  What about Crosby then or Ovie?  Same deal?  Only the larger markets would be interested? 
    I would agree if it were anyone not named.  Ovie/Sid/Malkin.  But those three players can turn a franchise around.  For the record Pitt isnt a large market team.  But having those two won a cup and 2 finals appearances and now you are hard pressed to find a seat in the building.  To me thats good business.  And the Islanders ruined the landscape of hockey contracts.  I mean they are still paying for Yashin so again, its hard to use them as an example.  But Taveres will never be the player Malkin is.  Not in the same league.  And I still believe strongly that the Islanders would add him in a minute and not blink and eye.  If I lived in Long Island I would wanna see Geno over Taveres. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

That's just what the bruins need. An 8.7M checker.
    There is a reason Boston does not invest huge money into top scoring forwards.
    It would be a waste of money in a Julien structured, system.
       Even Bruce Boudreau in Washington, has learned that all the players need to be responsible defensively.
    Suddenly, Ovechkin has turned into a 40 goal scorer, instead of a 60 goal scorer, because he is having to back-check.
    Still good, but not worth 10M.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Big,

Players usually outlast their coaches.  So I will agree to disagree.  Malkin is a 100 pt player on whatever team he plays on.  He is that good. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Every team would love to have Malkin but I doubt there are many team willing to give the Pens the return they would want for him.  LA is the only team I can think of with the assets, cap space and need.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Orr,
    Cap Space is an illusion.  So I dont think that is the issue. 
    I think the players would be the hard selling point.  But I think there are enough teams with enough talent and picks to have them at least interested.  I think another major hindering factor would be location.  I mean you can scratch just about every contending team in the East off that list.  I think that is likely the biggest factor when dwindling the market.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform? : lol Toronto is the only place I could see Malkin failing. Then Kessel would score like 45g from Crosby feeds haha. Sad thing is this probably crossed burked mind while he played NHL 11.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I could definitely seek Burke doing something like that though. But, I agree, Kessel would destroy with Crosby. It could actually work for both teams, but it could also be disastrous for either one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kessel is a known locker room downer.  I don't think his value is all that high.  Pure scorer and maybe he would keep his ego in check around guys like Orpik/Crosby "Et al".

I wouldnt want Kessel back with the Bruins. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Would you want Malkin in a Bruins uniform?:[QUOTE]San, for one of the best players on earth.  Every Canadian Market for starters.  But you want small to mid.  Edmonton is classed as a small-mid?  They would take him in a minute.  I would stick to my opinion that every team would line up to get a crack at Malkin.  Malkin hasnt even entered his prime yet.  Columbus would do cart wheels to have someone play with Nash.  We arent talking about a guy like Kessel.  We are talking top 5 in the world and when he is on he could be the best.  Small-Medium or Large teams would line up.Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Fair enough

Sections
Shortcuts