Would'nt be the perfect timing to offer Krejci to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Re: Would'nt be the perfect timing to offer Krejci to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan

Trading krejci is a terrible idea. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Wheat,

If thats how you judge a player then Can must have been a dud for you as well. Cup rings do add to a persons resume but Iggy and Cam were not to fault.  Do I even need to get Iggy's stats for you?  Iggy in any other market is just as dominant and may have a cup.  He did go to a game 7 and basically took that team on his shoulders along with Kipper. 

Kane is a fantastic young franchise player in a bad situation.   The only reason I score Kane higher is bc I think he can change a game by himself and dominate.  That's why I said Marchand is in a perfect situation.  I am not sure Marchands game would have evolved as quickly as it has playing with the scrubs that the Jets(sorry Red) have.  Again, no knock on Brad bc he is perfectly placed and has played above expectation.  If anyone on her thought he would be this good I think they would be lying.  I think Brad is the 2nd most complete fwd on the Bruins behind Bergie.

I dont know about Marchand not being able to single handidly change a game.  Aside from leading the team in goals by a huge margin, he's also done little things that dont show up in the box score.  I can think of two plays, in particular, where he contributed to a goal by blocking goalie vision but received netiher an assist nor a goal.

There is also something to be said for the fact that gets in opponents heads.

To be honest: Marchand for Kane is too close to even for me.  Its not that I wouldnt make the trade, its just that I think there is a better trade out there.

Picks + prospects for an impending UFA w/ a bloated cap hit.  The bloated cap hit will drive out some potential buyers.  And the fact that the player is an impending UFA should also make the cost more reasonable.

I think we can get the piece we need without touching the top 6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Drew,

I am not disagreeing with you.  I just don't think Brad's game as a solo artist in Winnipeg would net the same results as what Kane does.  As an individual he can't dominate like a Kane can.  And we wouldn't be having this fantasy discusion last year bc at the moment there are not many players better then Marchand. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Drew,

I am not disagreeing with you.  I just don't think Brad's game as a solo artist in Winnipeg would net the same results as what Kane does.  As an individual he can't dominate like a Kane can.  And we wouldn't be having this fantasy discusion last year bc at the moment there are not many players better then Marchand. 

I think his numbers would rise if Marchand was out of Boston. Increased ice time with more PP in particular. I think he'd crush Wheeler's numbers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I definately would not trade Krejci unless it was for an overpayment, why mess w/ something that's not broken. I love Marchand's gm and he is playing at a very high level right now but I believe the upside for Kane is higher, right or that's just my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Drew,

I think his numbers would rise if Marchand was out of Boston. Increased ice time with more PP in particular. I think he'd crush Wheeler's numbers.

Dez, you know theres more to it then that.  Ive seen guys taken from great situations and made the top guy and fail.  I dont think marchand could be a top guy like kane.   brad is perfectly placed.  Hes not going anywhere.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dez, you know theres more to it then that.  Ive seen guys taken from great situations and made the top guy and fail.  I dont think marchand could be a top guy like kane.   brad is perfectly placed.  Hes not going anywhere.  

Extra ice time is a really big factor. That I know for certain. I do agree that it doesn't guarantee production though.

Sections
Shortcuts