Wow - Coyotes sale is worse than I thought

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Re: Wow - Coyotes sale is worse than I thought

Revenue sharing is a cancer.  The Original six did not have revenue sharing.  And isn't the objective of the NHL to make money?   Then the decision becomes much clearer - move this money pit to Quebec or wherever the stands will be filled every game night with real hockey fans- not people we are trying to convert in the middle of the desert.  Even a team in Hartford would make money for the NHL.

Dump Phoenix.  Dump Florida. the sooner the better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Revenue sharing is a cancer.  The Original six did not have revenue sharing.  And isn't the objective of the NHL to make money?   Then the decision becomes much clearer - move this money pit to Quebec or wherever the stands will be filled every game night with real hockey fans- not people we are trying to convert in the middle of the desert.  Even a team in Hartford would make money for the NHL.

Dump Phoenix.  Dump Florida. the sooner the better.

Someone's not going to like this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can't dump Florida!  I'm moving there permanently this summer.  Can't wait for an empty building and tickets for $7!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

And NAS it's not so much the league spending/loaning the cash that bugs me - it's the tax payers spending 120 million plus interest to help the team be bought and a lease agreement that is three times market value.

I am categorically against public funds for private enterprise.  Plain and simple.

Me too. I grew up a Hartford whaler fan and was crushed when they left but I certainly think its better than giving millions away to pro sports franchise

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Can't dump Florida!  I'm moving there permanently this summer.  Can't wait for an empty building and tickets for $7!

........and right on cue ^^^^^^.

Tickets for $7 ? I pay $10 here to see Senior "A" hockey. That's awesome. 

The only similarity in entertainment is we have an empty building too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Chowda, you won't believe the deal, even after I tell you about it.

Now, the seats are in the end, at the top of the balcony.  However:

41 X $7 = $287

This includes a replica jersey, which is a $100 value.  It's a real jersey, not some advert covered paper thin faker.  No fight straps or whever, but a normal jersey that you'd buy at nhl.com

It also includes, get this, free parking.  Now, parking at the games is $20 in the lot.  This is an $820 savings.

Compare that to Boston, with $68 worst seats in the house and $30 parking.  For the cost of 4 people to go to one Bruins game at TD with parking, I am going to 41 games and I get to see every team in the NHL.

Best deal in the history of hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

41 X $7 = $287

This includes a replica jersey, which is a $100 value.  It's a real jersey, not some advert covered paper thin faker.  No fight straps or whever, but a normal jersey that you'd buy at nhl.com

It also includes, get this, free parking.  Now, parking at the games is $20 in the lot.  This is an $820 savings.

Compare that to Boston, with $68 worst seats in the house and $30 parking.  For the cost of 4 people to go to one Bruins game at TD with parking, I am going to 41 games and I get to see every team in the NHL.

In comparison my brother and I paid more then this for season tickets in Buffalo ( Ya I know the Sabres ) in the early 80's..........

..............................thirty years later you are paying less with perks. Lucky man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Short-term loans I don't have a problem with, as long as there is an aspect that is in the public's interest - for example the small (proportionally to the overall cost - I think it was $28 million) that was given by the city of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba to get the MTS Centre built. The loan has since been paid back with inflation adjustments - yes, the owners got a break on interest rates, but there no long term cost to the taxpayer since inflation was accounted for.

But beyond that? I think it's a waste of tax money. Glendale is one of the worst examples - paying someone to manage the Arena $15 million a year? And the managing company keeps any and all profit from the venue? That's nuts.

Doug McLean on Sportnet, ex-GM of the Blue Jacks, said that they paid a Management Fee of $230,000 to run the building in Colombus. True the Bluejacks had to pay the expenses, but that was the total Management fee, nothing even remotely close to the $15Mil.

I am against Taxpayers footing the bill for a bunch of Billionaire Owners, & Millionaire Atheletes, or Rock stars, or whatever attraction comes to town. The Glendale people have to make those decisions, and live with it. Unfotunately it does impact me, because my Town must give perks too, to stay competitive, so it pisses me off. Glendale is just the worst example of it happening with NHL connections. I am sure the people of Miami are upset about that new Stadium for the Marlins. 

I say 'cut-bait' and move on from Phoenix. Like Atlanta, they tried, but for whatever reason it didn't work. I went to a game in Phoenix 10 years ago, in the old building, and the place was pretty full. Good crowd, but a horrible hockey game against Dallas. Then in all their infinite wisdom, they moved out to Glendale, and it DIED.

It's over. Move on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

41 X $7 = $287

That is nuts - I pay more than twice that for 36 Vancouver Giants tickets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Bring the Yotes to Quebec, damn it !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Seattle has a building, with suites,  they could put the Yotes in while another one is being built. Quebec does not have a building currently going that has suites.

If Seattle doen't win the race I would be pretty suprised.

I thought bettman said quebec would be the next city.  QC is my pick. 

That midget says allot of things I don't believe or agree with. If Quebec doesn't have an arena ready then they won't get one. Seattle just got a basketball team that could house both.

Sections
Shortcuts