Wow did I get that series wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow did I get that series wrong

I can't decide whether I underestimated the Bruins, or overestimated the Red Wings, but wow did they handle that one. Impressive.  The B's were just impressive.

Very glad the wife is in Copenhagen right now.

Great job B's.  I love being completely wrong on days like today.  Love. It.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Wow did I get that series wrong

...looking for a real man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Three out of the five games were very close.  I think it was a good warm up series for the next series.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In the future, knowing how often this happens, why don't you put a sock in it until the series is over?  Save your dread and your whoa-is-us posts for when they lose a series, instead of trying to fool people into thinking you know what you are talking about with poor predictions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In the future, knowing how often this happens, why don't you put a sock in it until the series is over?  Save your dread and your whoa-is-us posts for when they lose a series, instead of trying to fool people into thinking you know what you are talking about with poor predictions.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Is there ever a time when youre not a dick NAS?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Often, people want to believe the B's are "owned" by a team, or look at history and then try to use that to promote failure by the B's. B's had the best record in the NHL, have the best goalie in the NHL, and have as good a PP now (something they didn't have last several playoff years)...in other words B's are a better team, and better teams usually find a way to win series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's really not being a dick - Soxfaninill is the single biggest bandwagon jumper on this board. He can take some well deserved heat once in a while. His posts heading into last year's post season and then during the playoffs were brutal. If he can dish it, then he can take it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm getting chided from the bandwagon.  I love it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm getting chided from the bandwagon.  I love it.

[/QUOTE]

Technically, this is SoxFan's thread so I'm not sure you're even allowed to post here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Technically, this is SoxFan's thread so I'm not sure you're even allowed to post here.

[/QUOTE]

This wasn't funny the first time, so it certainly isn't funny any of the other times you've posted it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

[QUOTE]

I can't decide whether I underestimated the Bruins, or overestimated the Red Wings, but wow did they handle that one. Impressive.  The B's were just impressive.

[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people have fallen into this trap. Some hear "Detroit Red Wings" and the dominant teams of the late 90's/early 00's spring to mind. The same is happening now with the Habs. But historical context beyond the current matchup between the teams is just for the fans. The players deal with what is in front of them now, not what other teams have done in the past against other versions of the opponent.

In the end, the first round turned out to be exactly what it was: the best team in the NHL going up against the 8th-seeded team that struggled to even make the playoffs.

Expect the Canadiens series to be closer but ultimately the same result: B's in 5, 6 at most.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The regular season results between two teams and history mean very little (or nothing) once the playoffs begin.

I figured B's in 6 so maybe I overestimated the wings. If I did it wasn't based on how the games went against the wings this season, it was because I respect the talent they have. What I hadn't known is how poor they would be on the PK and how some of their younger guys would wilt under the pressure.

Why does that guy call NAS a dick like it's a bad thing???? :P

Sections
Shortcuts