WOW - Jay Feaster Gonzo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: WOW - Jay Feaster Gonzo

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GUYS ~ let me refresh your memory, Iginla actually did the Bruins a HUGE favor by opting out for Pittsburgh. as PC had a deal with Feaster to trade ~ Alex Khokhlachev, Matt Bartkowski, and a first-rounder. It was Jarome that thankfully nixed the deal at the last minute, opting to join Crosby in Pittsburgh.

[/QUOTE]

While it may be true that Iginla did the B's a favor, it also may not be true.  Of course we'll never know, but Iginla may have helped the B's win the Cup. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Does anyone know id Stans in the running ?

Sealed

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:[QUOTE] I'm mixed on Burke. I think much of his success has to do with picking his spots to come in and fix things. "Nowhere to go but up" philosophy. Then he deals in volume, making tons of moves.Some stick. Some miss. He wins the laws of averages.

Not saying it's a bad technique, but seems like he's always way more active than other GMs. [/QUOTE]

You can nit pick any GM in hindsight really. Duck fans still like Burke's candidness along with a SC ring and i'm sure Canuck fans really like the delivery of the twins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

somewhat of a shocker

(but after thinking about it .....not really)

Brian Burke ??

[/QUOTE]

Sad. This is the guy who fleeced us last trade deadline when Chia botched the Iginla deal.

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

Feaster didnt fleece PC, Iginla changed his mind.

[/QUOTE]

I have not seen a hoodwinking last minute bamboozle job like that before at a trade deadline.  

Shero called up Feaster and out-sold his packaged deal to Feaster to block Iginla from coming here.

PC lost.

I've never seen a GM in any sport pul his players from the field of play/ice and tell them they've been dealt even though they haven't. Don't try to change history.

All PC had to do was sweeten the deal and Iginla was here last spring instead of that Euro toad Jagr.

[/QUOTE]

Iginla had the final say as to where he was traded to. If the deal that PC offered is true, then Calgary would have been better off dealing with the Bruins. Again, Iginla had the final say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE]

Paging Ron Wilson! [/QUOTE]

Ironic with Wilson and Burke gone the Maple Oafs became the aggressive team Burke famously stated they'd become with him at the wheel.  I still think three and a half years wasn't enough time for him to get Toronto to where he wanted them to be - especially with upper-management MLSE restructuring themselves two years ago.  [/QUOTE]

Corporate new beginings, happens with mergers everyday on wall street.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can nit pick any GM in hindsight really. Duck fans still like Burke's candidness along with a SC ring and i'm sure Canuck fans really like the delivery of the twins.

[/QUOTE]

No GM is perfect, but Vancouver is a yearly contender now, the Ducks have a Cup and, for the time being, Toronto is relevant again.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Feaster could easily have explained why he's going to Boston."

Iginla has the last say with a full NMC. Jarome said on camera that he wanted to go to Pittsburgh. Feaster could not have made Iginla go anywhere with any explanation because Jarome could then exercise his full NMC and refuse to go anywhere.

You are beyond stupid. Drink the rest of your coffee and leave the free internet of Starbucks!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Boston was on Iginla's list. That's a fact. If Chia sweetened the pot, Feaster would have accepted.  

[/QUOTE]

Just because you make the same incorrect statement over and over again doesn't make it true. With a NMC the PLAYER has last say-not the GM. Iginla picked Pittsburg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Iginla has the last say with a full NMC. Jarome said on camera that he wanted to go to Pittsburgh. Feaster could not have made Iginla go anywhere with any explanation because Jarome could then exercise his full NMC and refuse to go anywhere.

You are beyond stupid. Drink the rest of your coffee and leave the free internet of Starbucks!

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Boston was on Iginla's list. That's a fact. If Chia sweetened the pot, Feaster would have accepted.  

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, I'm not sure what you dont understand. Chiarelli could have offered Rask, Chara and Lucic. Feaster could have said yes 1000 times, doesnt matter. ....but the decision was Iginlas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

first off, hey san. stop stealing my jokes. just kidding. that one should stick. 

rusty, i have a question for you, i'm going to ask it at the end. 

Here's what happened. Iginla gave Feaster a list of four teams, LA, Chicago, Boston, and Pitt. 

Feaster and Chiarelli worked out a deal. 

Iginla said "you know, I'd really like to go to pittsburgh instead."

How do I (and everyone else with a brain) know this? because Chiarelli said it....and Feaster said it....and Iginla said it. 

Now I'm not saying that front office guys wouldn't lie to the public, they absolutely would here, but in this case it would make everyone look bad. Iginla said after he arrived in boston that it was his choice, and he chose pittsburgh over boston. Why would he lie about that and make himself look bad? Why would feaster admit to rethinking his decision to not get Jarome to submit a list in writing that was binding due to his standing with the organization. And what would Chiarelli have to gain? And lastly, and most importantly why would Feaster turn down the best offer? How do we know it was the best offer? because we have brains rusty, and it is very obvious (virtually everyone agrees with this) that the bruins package was far superior. 

Don't believe me? well. here 

Feaster:

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=230281

Chiarelli:

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=230388

Iginla:

http://nesn.com/2013/10/jarome-iginla-discusses-why-he-chose-pittsburgh-over-boston-originally-says-it-was-all-about-short-term-video/

the question is this rusty: do you ever get tired of being wrong? and not just wrong about something subjective (you're wrong about all that too though), but wrong about things that are black and white, night and day. Everyone with half a brain, a computer, and 45 seconds of free time can figure this stuff out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

just going to ignore that rusty? how like you. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm probably in the minority when i say the Leafs would have been better off in the long run if they had kept Burke.

Burke in Calgary will get that team back on track. The Calganites (or whatever they call themselves) deserve a decent team up there instead of the garbage they've been supporting in recent years.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to defend Rusty, but the weird part of l'affaire Iginla was the part where the Flames did not have a binding list from their Captain.  He had given a verbal, non-binding list of teams he was willing to go to.  Because the list was not binding, Feaster couldn't just work that market for the best deal.  He basically gave Iginla veto power, and once Crosby sold Iginla on the idea of becoming a Penguin, he was going to be a Penguin unless Pittsburgh said they weren't interested.

Let's also not forget that that deal didn't work out for the Penguins very well, either.  Iginla wasn't a seamless fit with their style of play - there were people saying at the time of the deal that he might not hve the wheels to play Pittsburgh's offensive tempo - and he was no help against the Bruins. 

He's a much better fit in Boston. 

If we're talking about Jagr/Iginla and how that might have gone, we have to take the failed Iginla experiment in Pittsburgh into account, too.  Say they put Morrow in where they had Iginla - Morrow was one of the better Pens against Boston, and he's the kind of gusty playoff performer that team needs to show it the way.  Boston v. Pittsburgh could have been a very different series.  So it's possible that Feaster weakened both Eastern clubs' chances by the way he handled that deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

the question is this rusty: do you ever get tired of being wrong? and not just wrong about something subjective (you're wrong about all that too though), but wrong about things that are black and white, night and day. Everyone with half a brain, a computer, and 45 seconds of free time can figure this stuff out. 

[/QUOTE]

Is Dead Ahead Rusty aka RWTK? How do you get to 1800 posts in less than a month? Wow-

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to defend Rusty, but the weird part of l'affaire Iginla was the part where the Flames did not have a binding list from their Captain.  He had given a verbal, non-binding list of teams he was willing to go to.  Because the list was not binding, Feaster couldn't just work that market for the best deal.  He basically gave Iginla veto power, and once Crosby sold Iginla on the idea of becoming a Penguin, he was going to be a Penguin unless Pittsburgh said they weren't interested.

Let's also not forget that that deal didn't work out for the Penguins very well, either.  Iginla wasn't a seamless fit with their style of play - there were people saying at the time of the deal that he might not hve the wheels to play Pittsburgh's offensive tempo - and he was no help against the Bruins. 

He's a much better fit in Boston. 

If we're talking about Jagr/Iginla and how that might have gone, we have to take the failed Iginla experiment in Pittsburgh into account, too.  Say they put Morrow in where they had Iginla - Morrow was one of the better Pens against Boston, and he's the kind of gusty playoff performer that team needs to show it the way.  Boston v. Pittsburgh could have been a very different series.  So it's possible that Feaster weakened both Eastern clubs' chances by the way he handled that deal.

[/QUOTE]

Feaster should have done that. Gotten a list, got the best deal possible from one of those teams and told Iginla, they worked out a deal with one of the teams. We all know how Iginla is thought of in Calgary but your job as a G.M is to get the best possible deal for the franchise going forward. He gave the player too much power. One of the reasons he's not employed today.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Teams with players subject to offer sheets beware!

One of his targets could be either Dougie Hamilton or Torey Krug.

This is one of the complaints from Leafs fans about Burke.............his philosophy not getting involved in offer sheets. ( remember his Kevin Lowe rant regarding Dustin Penner).

Unless he's changed his thinking it's just another bold prediction from your computer gone by the wayside. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE]

Paging Ron Wilson! [/QUOTE]

Ironic with Wilson and Burke gone the Maple Oafs became the aggressive team Burke famously stated they'd become with him at the wheel.  I still think three and a half years wasn't enough time for him to get Toronto to where he wanted them to be - especially with upper-management MLSE restructuring themselves two years ago.  [/QUOTE]

Corporate new beginings, happens with mergers everyday on wall street.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good description of MLSE, San. Change Wall Street to Bay Street.

Sections
Shortcuts