Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded...

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articles/2012/05/25/roberto_luongo_wants_trade_from_canucks/?comments=all

Not a surprise, but the Canuckleheads' coach confirms it.

They will marginally less hate-able when he's gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded...

Why would you hate Luongo?  He basically handed the Cup to you guys last June.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For what ? another cr@p contract ? or a 7th rounder player to be named later ?

I wouldn't go near that head case who panics in tight games. I could possibly see this going the Huet route where no one wants to take the albatross on...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded...:
    [QUOTE]Why would you hate Luongo?  He basically handed the Cup to you guys last June.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Really?  Wow, I hope they fired the idiot coach who kept running him out there so he could hand the Bruins games...what's that?  Extension?

Well, you must think that's the stupidest thing you've ever heard, eh 49?  What?  Defended it?

Never mind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Why would you hate Luongo?  He basically handed the Cup to you guys last June.
    Yeah, it was his fault the team scored only 8 goals in 7 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm certain that the whole Canucks team was to blame for their loss in the final. It was the most lopsided 7-game series ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Actually, if anything, it very well could have been a sweep without Lebrongo...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Luongo wants to be traded, I guess means that Burke will bring him to the Leafs. Perfect fit. One head job to another.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Hmm... a different tune one year later.

I seem to recall a lot of comments here about Luongo's meltdown, choke-job, can't handle the pressure, etc. 

Yes, I am well aware of the Canucks' offensive shortcomings last June.  I was there too, remember?

I think Luongo, however, feels that he was certainly a bit part of the letdown last June, has felt that pressure from the fans and media, and also sees that the team has a clear option in net to move forward.  I think he feels, like many in VanCity do, that the best thing for all parties would be to move forward with a fresh start.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Doesn't change the fact that he sucked in 4 of 7 of those games and didn't give his team a chance, but it's pretty easy to argue that nobody for the Canucks showed up. Outside of the biter, the only players to score big goals were a couple of dirty scrubs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It would be great to see him in Montreal where I would hope he'd have a total meltdown, for real.

On the serious side I think they should fire Vigneault.  He shouldn't be airing dirty laundry in public.  That kind of stuff should come from management.  I can't see what advantage it would give you to make it public, I would think it weakens your place at the bargaining table.  All well and good as I have a fair amount of hate for the Canucks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

He was awful against the Bruins for 4 of the 7 games but I wouldn't characterize him as "handing the Cup to the Bruins."  The entire Vancouver team failed in that Department, especially in Game 7. And he is a choke and everything else you called him. But how a player plays against the Bruins isn't the only reason to hate him. 

Lots of unlikeable players play poorly against the Bruins. I still dislike them.

The fact that he's a choking, smarmy, egotistical, whiny jerk is more than enough reason for me to dislike him.

The buckets of goals he gave up against the Bruins is just icing on the cupcake.

So is the endless fun of watching those "that's an easy save for me" videos.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]It would be great to see him in Montreal where I would hope he'd have a total meltdown, for real. On the serious side I think they should fire Vigneault.  He shouldn't be airing dirty laundry in public.  That kind of stuff should come from management.  I can't see what advantage it would give you to make it public, I would think it weakens your place at the bargaining table.  All well and good as I have a fair amount of hate for the Canucks
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I see why they re-upped the GM, who has put together an awesome lineup of (regular season) talent.  But that coach should be unemployed. Their character and diving and lack of honor is a direct result of what the Head Coach will put up with.  A good coach could have 2 rings out of that team by now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded... : Completely agree. I see why they re-upped the GM, who has put together an awesome lineup of (regular season) talent.  But that coach should be unemployed. Their character and diving and lack of honor is a direct result of what the Head Coach will put up with.  A good coach could have 2 rings out of that team by now.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

There are many good coaches in the league, but only one Stanley Cup to go around.

As I've stated many times, a whole lot of things have to go right for a team to win the Cup.  Having an "awesome lineup" in the regular season means diddly squat once the field gets narrowed to 16 teams.  Injuries, hot goalies, player coming out of nowhere and unlucky bounces all contribute to upsets. 

Is Dale Hunter a "great coach" because his team was able to dethrone the defending champs?  And does the Bruins' loss to an 'interim coach' mean that Julien should be shown the door?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded... : There are many good coaches in the league, but only one Stanley Cup to go around. As I've stated many times, a whole lot of things have to go right for a team to win the Cup.  Having an "awesome lineup" in the regular season means diddly squat once the field gets narrowed to 16 teams.  Injuries, hot goalies, player coming out of nowhere and unlucky bounces all contribute to upsets.  Is Dale Hunter a "great coach" because his team was able to dethrone the defending champs?  And does the Bruins' loss to an 'interim coach' mean that Julien should be shown the door?

You're not addressing the issue.  I don't think it was appropriate for Vignault to confirm that Luondo wanted out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded... : There are many good coaches in the league, but only one Stanley Cup to go around. As I've stated many times, a whole lot of things have to go right for a team to win the Cup.  Having an "awesome lineup" in the regular season means diddly squat once the field gets narrowed to 16 teams.  Injuries, hot goalies, player coming out of nowhere and unlucky bounces all contribute to upsets.  Is Dale Hunter a "great coach" because his team was able to dethrone the defending champs?  And does the Bruins' loss to an 'interim coach' mean that Julien should be shown the door?
    No, because CJ has a recent Cup on his resume. What is it you're not getting? If the Bruins hadn't won the Cup last year then this year's loss would be unacceptable but since they did, CJ gets a reprieve as he is a proven winner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He was awful in three games, imo, not four. The first two in Van he was the reason they won. He did screw up on the third goal in game seven a bit, but even though he inadvertently knocked it in, that wouldn't have been an easy save for anyone. Salo completely screwed up on the first goal by not checking Marchand - no way he should have gotten that pass off to Bergeron. Bergies second goal would have been next to impossible for anyone to stop, and even if he had, there was likely going to be a penalty shot or powerplay following it up. The fourth as we all know was an empty netter.

His choke job in games 3,4, and 6, kept the Bruins alive, but the rest of his team did not step up when they needed to, and that's a huge part of why the Bruins won.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Loungo asking for a trade is him just trying to make it look like if they trade him its because he asked, when in reality they have every intention of moving him and was no longer in their plans going forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded... : No, because CJ has a recent Cup on his resume. What is it you're not getting? If the Bruins hadn't won the Cup last year then this year's loss would be unacceptable but since they did, CJ gets a reprieve as he is a proven winner.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

OK, so let's say, for the sake of argument, that the Canucks had won last June.  Then CJ would be in the same position as AV (except for the Presidents Trophy thing).  So you're saying that, given those circumstances, you'd be advocating for CJ's firing right now?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..........Like quitting before you get fired.
    The toronto or mtl. scenarios are perfect.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Hey, Null, where have you been? Jail?

Why did they let you out?

I want the name and phone number of who was responsible, and I want it today!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Shockingly, Ive been around long enough to appreciate that everything needs to go right to win a Cup. My point is, having a ton of talent generally gives you a better shot at it. I would also have said teams loaded like Pittsburgh and Detroit in recent years should also fire their coach if they hadnt won Cups.

Asking about Julien being fired vs Washington is disingenuous. He was a huge factor in turning around a non-playoff franchise with a lot of young raw talent and if you've forgotten, won a Cup against a highly favored team with more talent. However, if he had lost in 2011 to Montreal, I would have been screaming for his head. I also would not have argued against firing him after the Flyer debacle.

Vancouver is an elite team, and they havent gotten it done. Their team has no guts, honor and no character. They dive instead of gut it out. They fold in tough situations. My personal opinion is that a coaching change with a different voice and leadership philosophy could help them get to the next level as opposed to choking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow, LuonGOAL asks to be traded... : Shockingly, Ive been around long enough to appreciate that everything needs to go right to win a Cup. My point is, having a ton of talent generally gives you a better shot at it. I would also have said teams loaded like Pittsburgh and Detroit in recent years should also fire their coach if they hadnt won Cups. Asking about Julien being fired vs Washington is disingenuous. He was a huge factor in turning around a non-playoff franchise with a lot of young raw talent and if you've forgotten, won a Cup against a highly favored team with more talent. However, if he had lost in 2011 to Montreal, I would have been screaming for his head. I also would not have argued against firing him after the Flyer debacle. Vancouver is an elite team, and they havent gotten it done. Their team has no guts, honor and no character. They dive instead of gut it out. They fold in tough situations. My personal opinion is that a coaching change with a different voice and leadership philosophy could help them get to the next level as opposed to choking.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Every team has divers -- does that make the whole team a bunch of divers?  Marchand dives;  so are the Bruins 'divers'?

The Canucks made it through to Game 7 of the Finals.  Tell me how a team does that without guts, honour or character.  Tell me how they beat the defending Cup Champs (Chicago) in the first round, a tough Nashville team, and then San Jose, and then took the Bruins to 7 games, without guts, without honour, or without character.  It's true that they didn't play as well as we fans hoped in the Cup Final, but got there, and that's something 28 other teams didn't accomplish.

If you're going to say that because the Canucks have guys like Burrows and Lapierre, they have no honour, then look in the mirror and tell me how a guy like Marchand, or Ference (who gives the crowd the finger), makes the Bruins a team of honour. 

Truth is, that yes, a lot of teams, media and fans out there don't like the Canucks.  But it's also true that a lot of 'em hate the Bruins too. 

On the other hand, you love the Bruins -- they're your team.  I love the Canucks -- they're my team.

Can't we leave it at that?  Do you guys always have to respond to anything that I say, that even remotely bothers you with the same old "diving, biting team and their rioting fans" comment?  I know that you guys hate Burrows, but I can guarantee you, that if he were wearing the gold and black, you'd love him.  An undrafted guy, playing roller hockey, getting tryouts with ECHL teams, finally signed by the Manitoba Moose, getting a callup with the Canucks, and now a solid NHLer, and playing for Team Canada at the World's.  Yeah, he plays on the edge, and somethings does things that he shouldn't, but he's also fast, got great hands, and has scored some huge goals. 

Here come the 'troll' comments.  But as I've said before -- I'm happy to talk hockey, but I will also defend my team -- just as you'll defend yours.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Null, where have you been? Jail? Why did they let you out? I want the name and phone number of who was responsible, and I want it today!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

He's been littering the Rangers forums with his ridiculous Bettman/NBC conspiracy theory. And as usual, he's making himself look like a fool.