Wow to the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Wow to the Jets

I guess the Jets will pay anything to any player just to get above the cap floor.

Wheeler just got 5.1 M for 2 years, what a waste of cap space.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371996

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Wow to the Jets

EDIT: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569650&navid=mod-rr-headlines

""It was definitely a mixed bag, for sure (watching the Bruins win the Cup)," Wheeler said on a conference call Tuesday. "I wasn't necessarily cheering for them, but I wasn't cheering against them. I've played with all those guys so I was definitely happy to see them succeed and come through and win -- I knew they were definitely capable of it. But it definitely hurt to not be a part of it."

Just about as indifferent as his game! No Edge shaving cream for his play again this upcoming season...

PS. Red, Blake is now available for autographs...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Blake Wheeler is awful

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Worse, Wheeler is average and content.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

A total tease. Granted he racked up the points after he was traded, but Jets fans shouldn't get their hopes up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

He's a he ll of a slouch .    Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

He's softer than my 75 year-old grandmother, as slow as $h!t and is very awkward when he skates and always seems to fall down.

So glad we got rid of this clown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Wow to the Jets:
    [QUOTE]I guess the Jets will pay anything to any player just to get above the cap floor. Wheeler just got 5.1 M for 2 years, what a waste of cap space. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371996
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]

With the money that is being thrown around this summer and lack of anything quality available, the Jets have a below average second line winger for $2.5M/yr.

I think that's a great deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

In Response to Re: Wow to the Jets:
    [QUOTE]Worse, Wheeler is average and content.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

QFT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

When compared to the Kopecky deal it can only be called genius. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Wow to the Jets : With the money that is being thrown around this summer and lack of anything quality available, the Jets have a below average second line winger for $2.5M/yr. I think that's a great deal.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]When compared to the Kopecky deal it can only be called genius.  In Response to Re: Wow to the Jets :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

And Joel Ward's contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'd rather have Ward on board than Kopecky, I'm surprised he got that much but after his post season, and to get him to leave Nashville I suspect there was a modest bidding war.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow to the Jets : And Joel Ward's contract.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have Ward on board than Kopecky, I'm surprised he got that much but after his post season, and to get him to leave Nashville I suspect there was a modest bidding war. In Response to Re: Wow to the Jets :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

I would honestly take Wheeler and this contract over either of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

[QUOTE]Blake Wheeler is awfully wealthy.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

49 > 26

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]Blake Wheeler is awful
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Let us enjoy him. Why are you worried. Bruins
    Champs. Jets back
    Perfect Year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I don't care if I'm in the minority...Wheeler was a serviceable 3rd line winger and I'd take him in that role any day and twice on Sundays. I'd take him over Pouliot or any schmoe from Providence. A little more motivation, and another year under his belt, and I still feel he could regularly pop in 25.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

NAS is right in that it's an affordable price for a winger who could slot into the second line. For me, though, the frustration comes with his potential. Maybe the media folk (Globe reporoters included) overhyped his ability to play and harness his size. Twenty goals on a regular basis is solid but he didn't seem to develop.

Where oh where is Stanley on this one?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Where oh where is Stanley on this one?
    Lets just keep trusting him. Right on so far

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow to the Jets : Where oh where is Stanley on this one? Lets just keep trusting him. Right on so far .
     Bruins winning  cup

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care if I'm in the minority...Wheeler was a serviceable 3rd line winger and I'd take him in that role any day and twice on Sundays. I'd take him over Pouliot or any schmoe from Providence. A little more motivation, and another year under his belt, and I still feel he could regularly pop in 25.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Saying you'd like Wheeler as a 3rd line winger implies he wouldn't be motivated. For someone of his talent, 3rd line winger is underachieving.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS is right in that it's an affordable price for a winger who could slot into the second line. For me, though, the frustration comes with his potential. Maybe the media folk (Globe reporoters included) overhyped his ability to play and harness his size. Twenty goals on a regular basis is solid but he didn't seem to develop. Where oh where is Stanley on this one?
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

It's pretty tough to be down on someone because "they said" he'd be great.  The B's gave up nothing to get him, not even a draft pick. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow to the Jets : It's pretty tough to be down on someone because "they said" he'd be great.  The B's gave up nothing to get him, not even a draft pick. 
     That's why they won Stanley Cup. Good signing @ trade

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

That's one link of why they won Stanley Cup . Good signing @ trade .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

wasn't wheeler awarded 2.2 last summer? never liked wheeler myself mainly cause i thought his first season with the bruins was a jumping off point(21 goals 24 assists) instead it was most likely a career year. if wheeler gives them close to that in the next 2 years then i agree that its a good signing for Winnipeg.