Wow. Toronto Classless

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Wow. Toronto Classless

I would expect to see that in a place like Philadelphia. I am truly ashamed to say I live an hour outside Toronto. An idiot like that gives Canadians a bad name. I can assure everybody we are not all that insensitive. What a disgrace !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I would expect to see that in a place like Philadelphia. I am truly ashamed to say I live an hour outside Toronto. An idiot like that gives Canadians a bad name. I can assure everybody we are not all that insensitive. What a disgrace !

Don't worry about it. There are always people like that no matter where you go. 

I have personally been to Canada and can say for a fact that it is a friendly place. Idiots like that in no way represent the majority.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Must be a transplant from Vancouver or Montreal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

That guy was obviously an idiot. But one guy doesn't make a city.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Well, on the heels of their Blue Jays broadcasters claiming Sox pitchers are using "illegal substances", this doesn't make any one of their citizens look good.  They've been asbolutely obnoxious since April.

When Lackey got hurt in Toronto earlier in the year, they were cheering.  I mean, just sick.  I hate the Canadiens, Yankees, Lakers, Jets in the NFL, etc, but I am not going to fail to separate sports from real life.

Look, we just won a Cup in 2011, they haven't since 1967. We fleeced them with Rask and the Seguin moves and John Farrell just came back to Boston in a coach/player swap scenario and the Sox have the best record in baseball.

I get their annoyed, but that is flat out disgusting.

A what looks like a college aged moron made a stupid sign.

Anyone who holds his actions against an entire city is just as stupid.

I'm going to guess he made this sign because he is an idiot. Perhaps he knew it would draw attention, who knows. I think it would be fair to assume he did not make this sign because he is still upset about the Rask deal or the John Farrell transaction.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Well, on the heels of their Blue Jays broadcasters claiming Sox pitchers are using "illegal substances", this doesn't make any one of their citizens look good.  They've been asbolutely obnoxious since April.

When Lackey got hurt in Toronto earlier in the year, they were cheering.  I mean, just sick.  I hate the Canadiens, Yankees, Lakers, Jets in the NFL, etc, but I am not going to fail to separate sports from real life.

Look, we just won a Cup in 2011, they haven't since 1967. We fleeced them with Rask and the Seguin moves and John Farrell just came back to Boston in a coach/player swap scenario and the Sox have the best record in baseball.

I'm going to guess he made this sign because he is an idiot. Perhaps he knew it would draw attention, who knows. I think it would be fair to assume he did not make this sign because he is still upset about the Rask deal or the John Farrell transaction.

Are you aware the city and their sports teams have been acting like delusional morons in our direction in different ways for a little while now?

Also, that sign appears like it was made in mass production, not just by 1 tool Millenial dork moron from the suburbs of Toronto.

It has a professional looking finish to it.

There are many great things about Toronto. But I can't argue with you about 'the delusional morons' thing, especially when it comes to sports, because that about sums it up.

The sign DOES look professional but who knows. Its amazing what you can produce at home with a bit of IT and a decent printer these days. I'm willing to bet the idiot had no  idea that what he was doing was grossly insensitive and offensive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The ONLY person that looks bad, is the fool holding the sign. Even if there were multiple signs, it would be ridiculous to hold an entire city guilty, and even more ridiculous, an entire country, as you seem to be doing.

If a few bruin fans were to boo the Canadian anthem,why would that make every Bostonian, or American, a jerk?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Are you aware the city and their sports teams have been acting like delusional morons in our direction in different ways for a little while now?

Also, that sign appears like it was made in mass production, not just by 1 tool Millenial dork moron from the suburbs of Toronto.

I agree with Toronto fans the most classeless,of any sport anywhere and can't say much for the city either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

i find it pretty sad that a lot of people are critisizing my country and city because of 1 moron. Really people????? How many CAnadian players play on our Bruins team that we cheer for??? I guess I should believe that everyone from boston are a bunch of racists because immature sad comments made on twitter last year following Wards goal.cmon people you sound pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The ONLY person that looks bad, is the fool holding the sign. Even if there were multiple signs, it would be ridiculous to hold an entire city guilty, and even more ridiculous, an entire country, as you seem to be doing.

The only one? The dion wanna be to the guys left? Now thats bad! LOL I,m going to give the guy a break & say he,s probably more clueless. Caught up in the passion without realizing.... hopefully?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to tbone77's comment:

i find it pretty sad that a lot of people are critisizing my country and city because of 1 moron. Really people????? How many CAnadian players play on our Bruins team that we cheer for??? I guess I should believe that everyone from boston are a bunch of racists because immature sad comments made on twitter last year following Wards goal.cmon people you sound pathetic.

You are being just as reactionary here.  "A lot" would mean "a lot".  Maybe there are five.

Yes, Boston is a racist city, but no more racist than any other city in America.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

One fan does not represent an entire city - if you followed that notion then I gaurantee every city that has a professional sports team would be considered classless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nothing like playing up the terrorism angle...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's a sign at a hockey gm big deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

'Nuff said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. A play on words that wasn't very clever given recent events but not a big deal either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

This particular fan is a dope. It's not a black eye to the fans of Toronto at all. It's one guy who either hasn't experienced enough of life to know that his sign is offensive or is too stupid to care.

I've been to Toronto and found the people to be very friendly overall and it's a beautiful city in my opinion. I was watching the game here in Boston with my son last night and he asked which city, between Montreal or Toronto, I'd rather live in if I had the choice. Both are beautiful with a lot to offer. I told him most likely Toronto because I like the sports scene better and my English is better than my French. :) I've run into great fans and poor sports in both cities.

Sporting events bring out a wide range of fans as we all know. No matter the city in North America you will find salt of the earth fans, gung ho losers and everyone in between. I was embarrassed by some fellow Bruins fans after game one who were pushing Leafs fans (as these tough guys ran by on their way to the exits). The Leafs fans had done nothing more than wear their team's jersey to an away game. I won't bother getting into the loser element that has found their way to the Pats games over the recent years who swear and throw things at fans of opposing teams for supporting their team on the road.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You are truly a moron.

"Are you aware the city and their sports teams have been acting like delusional morons in our direction in different ways for a little while now?" --Really? What is chanting "Yankees Suck" at a Patriots Super Bowl Victory Parade and burying a David Ortiz jersey in the foundation of the new Yankee Stadium?

Also, that sign appears like it was made in mass production, not just by 1 tool Millenial dork moron from the suburbs of Toronto.-
    I'd have to see more than one of something before I start thinking mass production.

It has a professional looking finish to it. - My 14 year old nephew can bang one out in 15-20 minutes and make it look like he bought it at the store.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Hey, this is Toronto. There is a lot more to Canada outside of Toronto. Please don't compare the rest of Canada to Toronto. Yes it was classless. But thats what you expect from Toronto fans

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

'Nuff said.

See what I mean BassFishing?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

That guy was obvious an idiot. It would have been great if one of the other fans ripped it out of his hands. This incident certainly should'nt reflect on the city as a whole. But if you think Toronto fans are bad, maybe you haven't seen Philly fans (in all sports). I live in the area and they are both very passionate, and very brutal. Tough place to play (and watch a game) for sure.