Wow. Toronto Classless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Wow. Toronto Classless

It was one fan.  It doesn't reflect the Leafs organization or the city.  It's not like they were handing these to fans as they were coming in the building.  Every city has their share of idiots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

It was one fan.  It doesn't reflect the Leafs organization or the city.  It's not like they were handing these to fans as they were coming in the building.  Every city has their share of idiots.

Spot on.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to jalvis' comment:

'Nuff said.

See what I mean BassFishing?

Photoshop is very easy to use.  I can't take credit for making this but it speaks to Kel's point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I laugh at people urging Julien to show this to the players.. Come on !   I don't even think the person holding that sign is born in Canada.   It's just lame. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

'Nuff said.

Sweet

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Are you aware the city and their sports teams have been acting like delusional morons in our direction in different ways for a little while now?

Also, that sign appears like it was made in mass production, not just by 1 tool Millenial dork moron from the suburbs of Toronto.

It has a professional looking finish to it.

If it was mass produced, it was mass produced by a money grubbing idiot. Enough.

I am a Canadian Bruins fan and Bluejays fan and don't hold any ill will toward Ferrell and the great Red Sox start this year. Just found it a little insulting to the Bluejays organization for him to say "I know I have a year left in my contract, but I'd like to have it voided so I can manage my 'dream' job - can you get me outta here?". We'll see where we are in September...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

It's a sign at a hockey gm big deal.

This^

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I agree that the sign maker/holder is a moron.

I agree that the actions of one person shouldn't stain an entire fanbase, city or country.

I agree that people are making too much of this.  The guy's buddies/family are probably/hopefully giving him a lot of grief over it.

It sucks when your 15 minutes of fame are a result your own stupidity.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to tbone77's comment:

i find it pretty sad that a lot of people are critisizing my country and city because of 1 moron. Really people????? How many CAnadian players play on our Bruins team that we cheer for??? I guess I should believe that everyone from boston are a bunch of racists because immature sad comments made on twitter last year following Wards goal.cmon people you sound pathetic.

Hey i'm Canadian but Toronto fans are classless and so is the City,i avoid Toronto like the plague.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Let me start by saying I thoroughly apologize on behalf of the complete idiot who would do something as distastefull as bringing a sign to the game let alone making it.

I was born and bred in Toronto and by no means in any way shape or form does that reflect me or anyone I know. I am truely disgusted and as a guy who is proud of where I am from I personally wish I had the opportunity to smash the dude.

I absolutely love the city of Boston and have been there numerous times.

Again I apologize and I truely hope you all see this for the isolated incident it really is.

Here's to hoping this series continues to be great.

Good luck to everyone.

(rusty shame on you for your misleading thread title. As a supposedly educated person you should not put something like that on an entire city. The Greater Toronto Area or GTA as it's known is home to around 5.5 million people yet you call that many people classless for one moron?)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Are you aware the city and their sports teams have been acting like delusional morons in our direction in different ways for a little while now?

Also, that sign appears like it was made in mass production, not just by 1 tool Millenial dork moron from the suburbs of Toronto.

It has a professional looking finish to it.

If it was mass produced, it was mass produced by a money grubbing idiot. Enough.

I am a Canadian Bruins fan and Bluejays fan and don't hold any ill will toward Ferrell and the great Red Sox start this year. Just found it a little insulting to the Bluejays organization for him to say "I know I have a year left in my contract, but I'd like to have it voided so I can manage my 'dream' job - can you get me outta here?". We'll see where we are in September...

Stuff happens all the time.   I would turn your focus to the owners. They're the ones that set the budgets, have the scouts, pay wisely in FA, etc.

They could have also demanded more in compensation for the trade of Farrell. 

Seriously, would you rather work in Boston or Toronto as a manager?  How is that even a question?

I don't blame Jays fans for being annoyed, but let it go already.  Jesus.

Bass, I agree the sign looks proffesionally done, but with technology today, anyone with a little know how can do that easily.

As for Farrell. I don't think the Jays could have demanded more, he was a lame duck manager with no intent on re-signing. Look what the Sox got for Epstein.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to tbone77's comment:

i find it pretty sad that a lot of people are critisizing my country and city because of 1 moron. Really people????? How many CAnadian players play on our Bruins team that we cheer for??? I guess I should believe that everyone from boston are a bunch of racists because immature sad comments made on twitter last year following Wards goal.cmon people you sound pathetic.

Hey i'm Canadian but Toronto fans are classless and so is the City,i avoid Toronto like the plague.

kitch, this ONE misguided individual didn't represent me or anyone else that lives in the G. T. A.  His actions spoke for him alone. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Guys come on, the sign really wasn't that offensive.  It may be distasteful, but I doubt the guy had any malicious intent.  I've seen worse!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Guys come on, the sign really wasn't that offensive.  It may be distasteful, but I doubt the guy had any malicious intent.  I've seen worse!

hang, in light of the events in Boston the intent or timing couldn't be worse.  It comes across like he's ridiculing the situation. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I understand RHO - I'm an Irish Catholic who has lived in and around Boston for 50 years so  I know the landscape pretty well.  The sign just didn't offend me.  Distasteful is the best word I can think of - there's probably a better one though.  If I thought the guy was ridiculing the victims then that would be another story.  In the end I guess you're right though, he shouldn't have even gone there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I understand RHO - I'm an Irish Catholic who has lived in and around Boston for 50 years so  I know the landscape pretty well.  The sign just didn't offend me.  Distasteful is the best word I can think of - there's probably a better one though.  If I thought the guy was ridiculing the victims then that would be another story.  In the end I guess you're right though, he shouldn't have even gone there.

Agreed, hang.  It's going to be a raw nerve topic for a long time. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's not about being offensive.  The sign didn't hurt my feelings.  It's the idea that the guy is making a joke, making light of a situation that had 250+ injured and people dead.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  It isn't a joking matter, however.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Just a dope with a sign. Been to Toronto many times. Witnessed games in both arenas and The Hall of Fame in both locations. The people there are great.

Someone previously mentioned Flyer country. You can't even get something to eat there after the game if you have an opposing jersey on. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFrWDfNF_fw

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Considering the Leafs fan that got knocked out in Boston a few nights ago, that probably isn't the greatest example!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Having spent enough time in Canada in my life (Ottawa and Halifax in particular), I can honestly say that most people I've encountered are generally pretty sound and down to earth.  I'm sure the kid who made the sign never gave much thought to the sign, save that it would get him some attention.  The kid may be naive, and maybe bordering on classless, but I'd not lump him in with a lot of other good folks who probably think he is an idiot for his attempt to grab attention.     

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My opinion of Toronto and its people is unchanged by one nitwit with a sign. Classless and just dumb, but not reflective of an entire population. Not even close. Much more offensive are Canadien fans booing my country's national anthem. Leaf fans are delusional but i woldn't call them classless.

Sections
Shortcuts