WTF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

WTF?

i was just clicking off of nhl.com and a pop-up came up saying "you have been selected by null to participate in an online survey of three questions... win an i-pad, $1,000 gift card... the first question was are you male or female"???? WTF was that??? i quickly x'ed it out! has anyone else had this happen? regardless of who it was from, i would not have participated... there are always strings attached, i still have magazines coming to my house i never ordered(i had "won" a $5,000 wal-mart card-right)- and have to continually check my bank records to make sure nobody's dipping in. has this lunatic found yet another way to be annoying? i have no idea what to make of this. should have written down the address, but i wanted it off my school computer screen asap. was he trying to spread a virus? weird stuff.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: WTF?

really? no one here can help me out with making sense of this? this is no joke, what is this lunatic up to? am i the only person to have recieved this pop-up?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"null" is a common value/place holder when info cannot be recalled or obtained.

I'm sure there is no connection.

Breathe, amigo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well considering he has me on ignore, I figure the first question was intended to weed me out of the survey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: W?

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

i was just clicking off of nhl.com and a pop-up came up saying "you have been selected by null to participate in an online survey of three questions... win an i-pad, $1,000 gift card... the first question was are you male or female"???? WT was that??? i quickly x'ed it out! has anyone else had this happen? regardless of who it was from, i would not have participated... there are always strings attached, i still have magazines coming to my house i never ordered(i had "won" a $5,000 wal-mart card-right)- and have to continually check my bank records to make sure nobody's dipping in. has this lunatic found yet another way to be annoying? i have no idea what to make of this. should have written down the address, but i wanted it off my school computer screen asap. was he trying to spread a virus? weird stuff.   

could be a browser extension or add in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Breathe, amigo.

i hope you're correct.... i thought he could be bringing his craziness to the next level.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'll admit i'm computer-stupid. still have a flip phone, don't text/tweet/facebook, and no computer in my home. the only computer use i use is while at school(funny eh? 3,000+ posts all while at work!) . my limitations are typing in an address and seeing what comes up. PERIOD. i genuinely have no clue. heck if i knew how to put up a cool picture as my avatar, i would. bear with me. if you guys say not to sweat it, i'll have to take your word. thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Breathe, amigo.

i hope you're correct.... i thought he could be bringing his craziness to the next level.

He is right.  I work with pharmacy claim databases.  If a field is unpopulated in a Microsoft SQL database, it will be populated with null, not a single space.  A single space is actually a value.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

A very kind man from Negara sent me an email, in broken English, informing me I won their lottery.  So I just wired him $10,000 so he can make all the arraignments to get me my $50,000,000.  Sweet

Sections
Shortcuts