#W.T.F.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

#W.T.F.

What's going on with this board?  The posts aren't in chronological order anymore, which really aggaravates my OCD.  Anyone else have this problem?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: #W.T.F.

Their update to put in facebook/twitter connections appears to have gone awry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes. Plus replies have frequently not been saved....many technical difficulties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not a facebook user, and only minimally have used twitter (long time listener, never a caller).

So my knowledge of that stuff is limited.

However, I hardly see the reason for adding facebook and twitter from business or user standpoint.

And yes, the posts all out of synce are aggravating.  I wish that Hertl Orr thread would die.  It makes us all look like idiots - that it hasn't been buried.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Well, now when Bookboy writes a book, we can all share it on our Facebook walls.  That is clearly a feature that's been missing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, something has really screwed up the format here.  Yellow stars are missing, the posts aren't in order, and the pages can only half load many times.  

I have no idea why we would want this linked to Facebook/Twitter, but who knows?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

However, I hardly see the reason for adding facebook and twitter from business or user standpoint.

Had the same argument with a former employer a while back. The Board's rationale was the example of "Flo" from the Progressive commercials and how she had millions of followers on Facebook. My retort as that she may have had millions of followers but the company's actual book of business fell dramatically during the same time..needless to say, I no longer work for them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's a pretty common, and in my opnion misguided, idea in the former newspaper industry, which runs this site, that they need to incoporate any and all social media enhancements into their digital presence, regardless of the actual business benefit analysis. Basically its a reaction to their not being prepared for the media shift to begin with leading to an industry wide financial smack down. Now after the fact, when it's basically too little too late, they're going in the opposite direction and over compensating by incorporating as many of these bells and whistles as possible.

It doesn't make much business sense, but it's the basic attitude in the newspaper world now. Like jm I had an argument with my employer over this as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What about a link to linkedin?  

That would make zero sense.  

I predict that's what we'll see next.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Well, now when Bookboy writes a book, we can all share it on our Facebook walls.  That is clearly a feature that's been missing.

Fame makes a man think things over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

Fame makes a man think things over.

Fame turns people in to narcissistic @holes more often than not. Unless they were that way to begin with. No worries, book. Nobody will notice the difference in you. HA!

Couldn't resist - Cheers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

WTL, Is it any wonder I reject you first?

Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool

Fame, bully for you, chilly for me

Got to get a rain check on pain

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Watch it WTL,

You ain't seen the best of him yet

Give him time he'll make you forget the rest

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Facebook and Twitter links will benefit this site with the clicks coming back to it.

How many people would click on a RWTK Facebook share for the sole purpose of creating an account and destroying him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

WTL, Is it any wonder I reject you first?

Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool

Fame, bully for you, chilly for me

Got to get a rain check on pain

Bowie! Book, I think we have alot of the same music.

You'll comp me a signed copy of your next best seller, yeah?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

WTL, I never figured you for a Matchbox 20 fan!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

WTL, I never figured you for a Matchbox 20 fan!

Oh, good lord NO! MB20 bites. Book, please tell me you don't listen to that crud.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How many people would click on a RWTK Facebook share for the sole purpose of creating an account and destroying him?

I would not be opposed to this.....in fact, I encourage it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bookboy, are you really writing a book? Because so am I at the moment......small world.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, good lord NO! MB20 bites. Book, please tell me you don't listen to that crud.

Where have you been?  That's Book's favorite.  They overtook Sister Hazel a couple of years ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Bowie rules.

MB20 is in the land of Nickelback.  Just.  Awful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Where have you been?  That's Book's favorite.  They overtook Sister Hazel a couple of years ago.

I missed all this. I'm disgusted. I know not this bookboy you speak of.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

WTL, since I am not a 13 year old white girl, or the owner of a large collection of Hello Kitty! tank tops, it's highly unlikely that I could name a song by either of the bands NAS pulled off of his iPod.  I suspect he got the songs from the girls he dates.

NAS: you are now dead to me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

WTL, since I am not a 13 year old white girl, or the owner of a large collection of Hello Kitty! tank tops, it's highly unlikely that I could name a song by either of the bands NAS pulled off of his iPod.  I suspect he got the songs from the girls he dates.

Wait...you mean you're not a 13 year old girl? I just have no idea what's going on here anymore!!!! :P

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wait...you mean you're not a 13 year old girl? I just have no idea what's going on here anymore!!!! :P

I agree.  Up is down, left is right....

Sections
Shortcuts