Yandle rumors again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Re: Yandle rumors again

Wow, the offseason is here and the "let's trade our garbage for someone else's all-star" threads have started. Just incredible. Yeah, I'm sure Phoenix's GM would be willing to part with a young, stud d-man for Hamil, Sauve and a pick. Sure. Heck, maybe we could get Crosby from the Pens for Arniel and a fourth! Give it a try, PC!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".......so unless Yandle comes to Boston for Hamilton, Marchand, and a first rounder then there is no deal.  I am not sure I would even work out that trade as a GM. Kaberele is the answer in the interim.  Wait for the defensive corp develops, or arrives.  Kaberle will still be valuable in a few years at the right price, of course.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I bet they would have a ton of interest in peverley....a guy with his talent at his cap hit is attractive to a team like that. 1st in 2012, Peverley, and one of the following Knight/Spooner/Caron would get it done in my opinion....or hamill for yandle and doan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Start with Boychuck, add in a selection of Bartkowski, Alexandrov, Cross or Cantin plus Hamill and/or Arneil. Then smoozy around with draft picks, but show them serious  possibilities. Hamill has the basics many teams do not have in their forwards so don't throw him away. If necessary discuss Ference or Campbell. That's three roster players, a variety of Future maybes with alternatives.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Not-a-Shot

How could Phoenix expect to get young, proven, inexpensive, locked up, top line players for a guy they're trying to avoid paying.  They have to know they're not going to get that in return.  

What they're going to get from anyone is, draft picks and propspects.  If they did get anyone proven, they probably wouldn't be all that great.....because if they were the other team would never trade them.  At least with picks and prospects, they have hope of getting players that may be great down the road, instead of guys they know are just above par 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Re: Yandle rumors again:
    [QUOTE]Yandle = 1st pick in 2012, top prospect, roster player I say no. 
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    Why not?  Tukka would be a great center piece.  Add Hamilton and another first and I'd do it!  You've got to give to get.  Yandle is a stud!  I hear Yandle's family does not advise him to play in Boston.  (Local kid w/ too many potential distractions).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yandle rumors again : Why not?  Tukka would be a great center piece.  Add Hamilton and another first and I'd do it!  You've got to give to get.  Yandle is a stud!  I hear Yandle's family does not advise him to play in Boston.  (Local kid w/ too many potential distractions).
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

I would ABSOLUTELY do a first, roster player, and a prospect, but your package is ABSURD. just crazy, absolutely insane

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Tuukka, Hamilton and a first?

Never in a million years, never.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I love how people throw Tukka's name into trades so cavalierly

He's young, proven, cheap.......and he's a goalie.  What in the world is a more valuable commodity in the NHL than that???

Thomas is going to be 38.  You don't trade a good/potentially great replacement away, unless you're getting something AWESOME in return.  I like Yandle....but not THAT much

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]  Hamill watched from home.  Ouch.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. He was at NAS's house drinking wine coolers. :P

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

If I am Phx I do not want future picks (got plenty thanks), veteran players with expiring contracts or otherwise, or career AHL players i.e. Hamill etc.  I want a true center piece to the deal that sures up a critical area of need (Rask), then I want a top 6 forward prospect who is close to helping (Spooner or Knight or Caron), then I want a lesser prospect that can help me now (Arniel or Suave).  To me that seems to be fair compensation for one of the top 10 dmen in the game.  As a B's fan I would love to steal Yandle from the desert for our AHL trash, but it's just plain stupid to think that will really happen.  

Understand, other teams will line up for Yandle so some package of a '12 1st rounder (pick in the 20's to 30), Hamill, Cross, Bartkowski... seriously!? will not come close to getting this done.  Just an embarrassing offer!  That offer works if you are playing NHL 12 on the PS3, but not in the real world.  Make a strong offer and get a great player or just sit on the porch and keep quiet. 

If it were me, I make the trade above.  Rask is a tough loss, but after what Thomas pulled off this year plus the fact Rask is an RFA next year, I would include him.  Khodobin is a capable backup.  The risk of trading young forward prospects is mitigated by the fact the B's have loads of young talent in the system and on the current roster and under team control.  The only thing stopping this deal for me is if Phx gets cold feet.  Sign Yandle long-term at 5-6MM for 5 yrs and let's start the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

and the bruins would love to get datsyuk for hamill....but you can't always get what you want. keep in mind we are talking about an unsigned player in yandle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

PHX may very well be considering trading Yandle and listening to offers. Maybe even from Boston. He's a RFA and they may not want to be put in a position of having to match an offer sheet and be burdened with a contract that they feel they can't afford even though all 12 season ticket holders would raise bloody hell once they get off the golf course. Maybe. That being said, they cannot be so stupid as to trade away a player of his value and get a bunch of late round picks and prospects that are highly unlikely to reach the level of Yandle. Now if "prospects" include Rask and Hamilton, among others, maybe they would listen. But at that point is PC still interested?

I would love to see Yandle here in Boston but I don't see it happening. There are too many other teams that would over pay and Boston won't be one of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Soon this thread can be put to rest (at least till trade deadline) . Word is he's about to sign for 5 years at about 5M cap hit.
    Setogouchi type trades happen once every 20 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

he just signed a 5 year extension with pheonix

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=56e68dda39ab2d8ffd46e0037d93206e&plckUserId=56e68dda39ab2d8ffd46e0037d93206e">
    First: 2/9/2011
    Last: 7/5/2011
    Not-a-Shot

How could Phoenix expect to get young, proven, inexpensive, locked up, top line players for a guy they're trying to avoid paying.  They have to know they're not going to get that in return.  

What they're going to get from anyone is, draft picks and propspects.  If they did get anyone proven, they probably wouldn't be all that great.....because if they were the other team would never trade them.  At least with picks and prospects, they have hope of getting players that may be great down the road, instead of guys they know are just above par

THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT-- Well said.   NAS-- I am sorry that you can't comprehend my point.  Again to ASSume that one of those 5 players you listed in your post would HAVE to be in any trade would be ludicrous, but typical of your "I'm always right attitude".

But also --- I normally agree with your posts 95% of the time so don't take this as a personal attack because it is not intended to be-- just I can't stand  when anyone makes the point-- "if you are going to get (insert name) you will have to give up (insert name)--- that's Bull Sh!t.