Yeah, No, Video

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Yeah, No, Video

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wish I'd gone to a movie after the first period last night. 

The Conjuring is probably the most effective scary movie I've seen in a long time.  Best evidence?  It's absolutely full of holes, but you only really start questioning them after the fact.

[/QUOTE]

Just saw this last night.  Cant think of the last new horror movie i watched that actually scared me. Had an awesome mood throughout the whole thing. Great buildup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Went and saw 12 Years A Slave on the weekend - it was absolutely fantastic... and I never ever want to see it again. If you feel at all suicidal don't see this film. It's brilliant and beautiful (cinematography wise) and categorically disturbing and enough to push a heavily depressed person over the edge.

I sort of want to reccomend that people DON'T see it because it's too good, if that makes any sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

For those of you who like a good scare, I recommend The Conjuring. It was the scariest movie I have seen in years. The worst part about it was it was a true story !!

I went to see it because the ratings were high and everyone was talking about it, but found it to be a pretty cliche and boring horror movie. Though I never expect much from horror. I did like You're Next, it was entertaining at least.

I was disappointed with most of the movies I was looking forward to seeing this year. Though the Sound City doc was pretty good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Went and saw 12 Years A Slave on the weekend - it was absolutely fantastic... and I never ever want to see it again. If you feel at all suicidal don't see this film. It's brilliant and beautiful (cinematography wise) and categorically disturbing and enough to push a heavily depressed person over the edge.

I sort of want to reccomend that people DON'T see it because it's too good, if that makes any sense.

[/QUOTE]

This goes along with everything I've heard about this movie.  I'm not sure I'm ready.  But I like a challenge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you have me intrigued.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

solomon northrup is a local legend and hero in my parts. i'm glad the rest of the world is getting to hear his story. it certainly is not a pretty one, but it must be told. i'll definitely see the movie, it'll be the first one in quite a while. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Now you have me intrigued.

It was a really bizarre experience in that I hated it for how it made me feel, but loved it because of how well done it was. Like I said, it's a hard one to recommend. I suppose the best way to say it is if you want to see a movie that's escapist, don't see this one. If you want to see one that really pushes your thought process, potentially in distressing ways, then this is as good as it gets.

Sections
Shortcuts