Yeah, No, Video

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, No, Video

So, this team is so freakin' boring.  They rarely change lines.  They rarely do anything wrong.  They rarely lose.  Same guys, year...four now?  Same old victories.  Boring, boring, boring.

Movies:

1.  Captain Phillips - Awesome.  Tom Hanks is such a great actor and this is a real life story.  It's incredibly intense.  Literally edge of your seat intense.  It also gives you a different look and understanding of the Somali pirates.  Vote:  Yeah

Captain Phillips movie poster

2.  Gravity - Sandra Bullock is hot.  The scenes are well done.  The views of Earth and space are amazing.  If that's enough for you, you'll dig it.  I found it long, drawn out and boring.  Vote:  Video

Gravity movie poster

3.  The Family - Dinero in a gangster film playing a rat.  Looked fun.  It sure was not!  I couldn't wait for it to end.  I think I laughed once and that was during the intro stuff with the Despicable Me guys. Vote:  No

The Family movie poster

4.  Prisoners - One of the best films I've seen.  It's an abducted child movie, so it's hard to say "I loved it", but it was awesome.  When leaving, I had the same feeling that I had when leaving "Gone Baby Gone".  Vote:  Yeah!

Prisoners movie poster

5.  You're Next - It was a good slasher film with a new twist.  If you dig horror flicks, this one is a good one.  Vote - Video

You're Next movie poster

6.  The Heat - This movie is a freakin' riot.  From beginning to end, I was busting out.  Probably the funniest movie I've seen in years.

Not sure if Sandra Bullock and that fat lady from the fat couple tv show are funny?  Watch this  and tell me if you don't laugh:

Are you a narc? 

(That's KNOTB McIntyre.)

Vote:  Absolutely see it on video

The Heat (2013) Poster

That's all from sunny Florida for now.  Let me know if there's a good one I missed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Yeah, No, Video

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hate all of that Jackace stuff.  Shock isn't my style.  Howard Stern tops the list.  Midgets eating dog droppings doesn't make me laugh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Man, I haven't been to a movie in about two years.  Of those reviews, I am most curious about The Heat, as I am partial to comedies.

Howard Stern is a mixed bag.  I can't stand the dumb contests and shock stuff that he does (midgets, strippers, speach impediments, etc.), but that guy does great interviews and he still makes me laugh when he imitates his parents and makes fun of his staff.  I'll watch Bad Grandpa when it gets to Netflix. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seriously, Fletch, The Heat is a riot. Melissa McCarthy (the fat one) is off the charts funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

The best is yet to come @ Cam Neely, Milan Lucic ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumb_and_Dumber_To

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Seriously, Fletch, The Heat is a riot. Melissa McCarthy (the fat one) is off the charts funny.

Laughed my bag off at this one as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

The 'big' girl is hilarious. I also loved this movie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Man, I haven't been to a movie in about two years.  Of those reviews, I am most curious about The Heat, as I am partial to comedies.

Howard Stern is a mixed bag.  I can't stand the dumb contests and shock stuff that he does (midgets, strippers, speach impediments, etc.), but that guy does great interviews and he still makes me laugh when he imitates his parents and makes fun of his staff.  I'll watch Bad Grandpa when it gets to Netflix. 

Last time my wife and I went to the movies. Meet the Fockers.

Since then, it's me bringing the kids to Avengers,Dark Knight Rises, Iron Man and Man Of Steel while she has the two year old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I heard this movie got more critical acclaim thna the latest Brad Pitt movie.

Go figure....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

For those of you who like a good scare, I recommend The Conjuring. It was the scariest movie I have seen in years. The worst part about it was it was a true story !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

NAS, how do you find time to watch all these movies?

I lost touch with Movieland many, many years ago. I've heard of only two of these movies which is par for the course, for me. I only find out about a movie until a friend or relative gets the DVD.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Working on 21-7 schedule has put me behind on my movie watching, but the last one I seen is this & I LOL'd almost as much as I did for "HEAT". Seeing Jennifer Aniston doing a strippers dance certainly was worth have the price of admission. PURRRRRR!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Working on 21-7 schedule has put me behind on my movie watching, but the last one I seen is this & I LOL'd almost as much as I did for "HEAT". Seeing Jennifer Aniston doing a strippers dance certainly was worth have the price of admission. PURRRRRR!

Definetly wan't to see that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don't know how many of you folks are into British gangster films but if you get a chance check out:

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

For those of you who like a good scare, I recommend The Conjuring. It was the scariest movie I have seen in years. The worst part about it was it was a true story !!

No f'ing way am I seeing that one.  I saw the previews and it scared the bomb out of me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

No f'ing way am I seeing that one.  I saw the previews and it scared the bomb out of me.

Oh don't be a scaredy cat great movie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wish I'd gone to a movie after the first period last night. 

The Conjuring is probably the most effective scary movie I've seen in a long time.  Best evidence?  It's absolutely full of holes, but you only really start questioning them after the fact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rented "The Purge" last night.  Such an interesting premise, such a terrible movie.  I strongly suggest avoiding it if you're looking for something quality.  I strongly suggest seeing it if you forget how bad a movie can be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Anything with murderous freaks in clown masks is intriguing, but I was afraid this would be the case.  I think Ethan Hawke is the bellweather for bad movies.  Is he in it?  Probably bad.  Oh, he's the male co-lead with someone good?  Well...maybe it's worth seeing if the other guy gives, like, an Oscar-calibre performance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Anything with murderous freaks in clown masks is intriguing, but I was afraid this would be the case.  I think Ethan Hawke is the bellweather for bad movies.  Is he in it?  Probably bad.  Oh, he's the male co-lead with someone good?  Well...maybe it's worth seeing if the other guy gives, like, an Oscar-calibre performance.

Hawke was okay.  The premise was good.  There were just a bunch of things that made no sense at all.  If someone is interested in seeing it, I don't want to ruin it, so I won't get into details, but man.  So so so bad.

The people with the masks are always freaky.  The rabbit masks in "You're Next" are haunting.  The doll masks in "The Strangers" are haunting. 

The writing in "The Purge" is haunting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i guess the Bruins performance has instigated all these video comments. Does anyone watch a video that has a believable story ? or, like Nas, are you all escaping into babbling, bubbling ludicy ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Do you mean in his choice of videos, or just in general?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Besides, bogie, Captain Phillips is "based on a true story" and the Prisoners isn't exactly a schlock film.  There's a range here.  Can't always be The Butler or Mood Indigo.

Sections
Shortcuts