Yet Another Parise Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Yet Another Parise Thread

In Response to Re: Yet Another Parise Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet Another Parise Thread : not sure Chara will be here another 5 years, he will be over 40 by then
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    He's signed for 6 more years and has a NMC so he'll be in Boston if he wants to be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If one has Krejci on the third line, then he is overpaid.  He is not a number one center imo.  No sense reading between the lines on those two statements.  Secondly Horton right now is LTIRed.  Nothing has convinced me that he will be back in October.  Maintaining cap control does not mean not managing players and yes taking risks.  So if Parise is the answer for the Cup, then take a chance.  Me thinks if PC's picks fail this year, many on here will be thinking differently on the cap risks.  LA and NJ may have to trade to be in cap security in the next few years, but they are competing for the Cup.  If the Rangers don't win the Cup then watch for a player deals to get scoring.  Certainly the Rangers will be looking at Nash for a bundle of their talent.  The Rangers will take risks, albeit Montreal will not take a Gomez contract again.  Pheonix, well, hopefully the new ownership can keep the team together.  There chances are not looking so good at this point.  Lastly, PC is a cap conservative so don't despair!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree with you. People keep calling Parise an elite talent and big-game player... the numbers don't back it up. He is less productive than Krejci. No matter how he looks to people's eyes, all that matters is how many goals go in when the game is up. In Response to Re: Yet Another Parise Thread :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I'd have to respectfully agree with you guys on this one.  It is not as simple as a 1 for 1 Krecji for Parise comparison if you want to look at it quantitatively.  It is the net difference across the lineup:

Krecji scored 62 points last year, Parise 69.  If you were being generous, call it a wash, but in reality Parise is the bigger offensive threat.  

Or -- just look at our top 6 point production

Current (approx. points)
    Bergeron 70 Marchand 60 Seguin 75
    Krecji 68 Horton 55 Lucic 65

New
    Seguin 80-85 Lucic 65-70 Parise 70
    Bergeron 70 Marchand 60 Horton 55

I think we will get more production out of Seguin with him in the center -- potentially at the cost of a few more goals against.  His point totals will be significantly higher than Krecji as our #1C.  I see Krecji topping out at around 75 points.  I also think that whoever plays on Seguins wing will put up more points just playing with the kid.  In Seguins wing spot you put Parise who may not put up 90+ anymore, but is probably good for 70+ and who know how many points if he really finds his groove with Seguin -- lots of upside.

The cap difference would be the difference of what Krecji makes, and what Parise is going to make.  If we trade Timmy, the net difference at goaltender will make it up if Parise is willing to accept a reasonable offer.

Is Krecji a very good hockey player?  Absolutely.  I by no means want him gone.  However that doesn't always mean that trading him would not improve the overall makeup of the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]If it's about competing for the Cup, would he do what Selanne and Kariya did and sign at a discount to get a shot at it?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Selanne went from $6.5M to $5.8M after a 28 goal season.  No discount there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I wasn't clear in my initial post, I wasn't talking about an injury that stops you from playing, but an injury or repeat injuries that stop you from playing well. I gave Lecavalier as a prime example. Before his shoulder surgery he was a 50 goal man. After, he is a 20-30 goal man. He can still play. He will probably play out his crazy contract till 2020 collecting every penny of his $7.7 cap hit. He is no longer worth 7.7 as he is no longer a 50 goal man. There is nothing Tampa can do because he has a no-move.  They are 100% stuck. [/QUOTE]

I agree with your comments about injury.  I certainly would not offer a 10/7 term/rate, I was thinking more like 5/6.5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]If one has Krejci on the third line, then he is overpaid.  He is not a number one center imo.  No sense reading between the lines on those two statements.  Secondly Horton right now is LTIRed.  Nothing has convinced me that he will be back in October.  Maintaining cap control does not mean not managing players and yes taking risks.  So if Parise is the answer for the Cup, then take a chance.  Me thinks if PC's picks fail this year, many on here will be thinking differently on the cap risks.  LA and NJ may have to trade to be in cap security in the next few years, but they are competing for the Cup.  If the Rangers don't win the Cup then watch for a player deals to get scoring.  Certainly the Rangers will be looking at Nash for a bundle of their talent.  The Rangers will take risks, albeit Montreal will not take a Gomez contract again.  Pheonix, well, hopefully the new ownership can keep the team together.  There chances are not looking so good at this point.  Lastly, PC is a cap conservative so don't despair!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep saying Krejci is not a number 1 center when he clearly is?  If you do a statistical anaylisis of all NHL centers both Krejci and Bergeron are shown to be in top 20 centers.  The Bruins have 2 average number 1 centers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

As much as I like Parise, I'd take a pass. He's a great player, and it's easy to see how B's fans would want him on the roster. Parise is all about compete and desire, he also has tremendous instincts that will always lead to production. We already have those types. Sniper please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet Another Parise Thread : Selanne went from $6.5M to $5.8M after a 28 goal season.  No discount there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And Kariya went from 10 million to 1.2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Krecji without Lucic and Horton is still a very good center.  Minus Horton and add Seguin is grade inflation.  Krejci has a lot of skill and determination, but he is not Seguin.  So he then is an overpaid number one center. Negatives: He could have more consistency in the regular season.  He is not a great skater, and his PP work is not stellar. He has character as he does not complain, and is willing to go to the boards and the net when he is on his game.  Got to love that in his play.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet Another Parise Thread : And Kariya went from 10 million to 1.2.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Yes, Kariya went cheaply to win a Cup with Selanne.  Selanne did not take less money to win the Cup.