Yet another Phil Kessel Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Yet another Phil Kessel Thread

Just wanted to see what the word on the street was regarding Phil Kessel and the 4-0 loss to Tampa Bay tonight, so I googled his name and clicked on News. It had a section of quotes that made me LOL, so I figured I'd share some. (No particular order, no dates, so I'm not implying this was all from tonight, just listed quotes attributed to him this season)

"I had some good chances tonight but, again, I couldn't bury them," said Kessel, who led all shooters with his six but didn't seem too anxious to drive hard to the Boston net.

"We were bad," said Kessel, rolling his eyes. "I can't have games like that."

"I just had a bad game," he said. "What can you do? You can't take it personal. It's going to happen to everyone once in a while."

"I could care less. Doesn't matter to me one bit," Kessel said, shrugging his shoulders and scrunching up his face. "I just couldn't bury my chances. What can you do?"

"I had some good chances," said Kessel. "I just couldn't bury them. It just didn't go in. What can you do?"

"We had a lot of chances on him, especially in the first period," Kessel said. "We could have a couple goals. The ref blew the one early there. Unfortunately they didn't go in for us tonight."

"No, I had chances again tonight," Kessel said. "It's not like I didn't have chances. It just didn't go in, what can you do?"

What CAN you do, Phil, what CAN you do?

Seems he really doesn't care. Hey, I took some shots, not MY fault they didn't go in...

"We have a lot of character in here," Kessel said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: Yet another Phil Kessel Thread

Enough with the Kessel threads. He's in TO and is a Leaf, so who cares about him. He is helping us by not scoring for the Leafs because we have their first round pick, the more they lose the better. The Bruins have their own problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

6 shots on goal - getting criticized??? ...actually impressive

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Whos Phil Kessel?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Dave, you just lost some credibility

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Yet another Phil Kessel Thread:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to see what the word on the street was regarding Phil Kessel and the 4-0 loss to Tampa Bay tonight, so I googled his name and clicked on News. It had a section of quotes that made me LOL, so I figured I'd share some. (No particular order, no dates, so I'm not implying this was all from tonight, just listed quotes attributed to him this season) "I had some good chances tonight but, again, I couldn't bury them,"  said Kessel, who led all shooters with his six but didn't seem too anxious to drive hard to the Boston net. "We were bad,"  said Kessel, rolling his eyes.  "I can't have games like that." "I just had a bad game,"  he said.  "What can you do? You can't take it personal. It's going to happen to everyone once in a while." "I could care less. Doesn't matter to me one bit,"  Kessel said, shrugging his shoulders and scrunching up his face.  "I just couldn't bury my chances. What can you do?" "I had some good chances,"  said Kessel.  "I just couldn't bury them. It just didn't go in. What can you do?" "We had a lot of chances on him, especially in the first period,"  Kessel said.  "We could have a couple goals. The ref blew the one early there. Unfortunately they didn't go in for us tonight." "No, I had chances again tonight,"  Kessel said.  "It's not like I didn't have chances. It just didn't go in, what can you do?" What CAN you do, Phil, what CAN you do? Seems he really doesn't care. Hey, I took some shots, not MY fault they didn't go in... "We have a lot of character in here,"  Kessel said.
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

I'm with you - but the posters who you (we) are addressing all disappeared - the ones who

"gauranteed that Kessel would outscore any Bruin by 10 goals."

True, Kessel isn't here, but the alleged "Bruins" fans have nothing to post when Kessel is on one of his TYPICAL droughts.

Anybody reasonable out there who thinks we should have kept this bum?
    Answer:  NO.

Still want to insist that Burke got the better of PC?  If you say yes, you are reaching further than Chara with a stick longer than the one he uses now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

This is the best one and very recent. From the Toronto Star fan blog:

1. Who Abducted Phil Kessel?

In his first 8 games, the guy was on fire: 7 goals, 2 assists, 3.5 shots per game. Then he went to Boston on October 28 to play against his former team and Tyler Seguin. While in Beantown, apparently, the real Phil Kessel was abducted at gunpoint and the Leafs are now dressing an imposter.

In the last five games – or 38 per cent of the season thus far – this Fake Phil Kessel has scored 0 goals, assisted on 0 goals and given Leaf fans 1 million causes for concern.

It's as if Fake Phil Kessel is skating in quicksand. He's not getting open, not getting quality chances. His shots-per-game average has dipped under 3. He's tripping over phantom obstacles. He's ragging the puck and turning it over or making low-percentage passes on the power play.

This is crazy. When will the real Phil Kessel return?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

You posters are funny.These are the people that think athletes are robots.Last time I checked all the athletes out there had blood in there veins.They had good times and bad times.Ups and downs.Thats how most of our lives go.Please loose the hate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Yet another Phil Kessel Thread:
    [QUOTE]                          You posters are funny.These are the people that think athletes are robots.Last time I checked all the athletes out there had blood in there veins.They had good times and bad times.Ups and downs.Thats how most of our lives go.Please loose the hate.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

What's that got to do with anything?

And do yourself a favor and take a remedial English class. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]6 shots on goal - getting criticized??? ...actually impressive
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    What's so impressive about wasting shots from anywhere?To step over the blue line and shoot from anywhere with no real chance of scoring  is no different than a turnover.In the game against Boston he led all players in SOG but was hardly a factor in the overall scheme of things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Easy killers, let play nice with one another while we make fun of Kessel. That is something we CAN do. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]                          You posters are funny.These are the people that think athletes are robots.Last time I checked all the athletes out there had blood in there veins.They had good times and bad times.Ups and downs.Thats how most of our lives go.Please loose the hate.

The only robot here is you, with your constant Phil Kessel man-crush. 

You ought to be apologizing to everyone here for hijacking this board to give PK a verbal salad tossing every night for the first two weeks of the season.

Ready to admit you were wrong??  Then, and only then, could I try to take you seriously again...sorry...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Amazing how all of the Kessel fluffing posts have died down over the last two weeks.  Just like last season, all it took was for the Bruins to show the league how to shut Phyllis down to take the wind out of his sails. 

I'm sure glad that the Bruins aren't bound to this guy for nearly four more seasons at $5.4 Mil a year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another Phil Kessel Thread : What's that got to do with anything? And do yourself a favor and take a remedial English class. 
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

As in field hockey,your sport duinne, players (Athletes) have good games bad games (slumps).You should know better.As far as an english class comment goes,well at least I have some class.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

I think the Laffs fans are just beginning to realize what kind of player Kessel really is. Check this out:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=840136

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another Phil Kessel Thread :              As in field hockey,your sport duinne, players (Athletes) have good games bad games (slumps).You should know better.As far as an english class comment goes,well at least I have some class.

You think so, huh?

ROFL. Thanks for the laugh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another Phil Kessel Thread :              As in field hockey,your sport duinne, players (Athletes) have good games bad games (slumps).You should know better.As far as an english class comment goes,well at least I have some class.

Hey, add sexist to the list along with idiot, troll, and coward.  Nice work 101.  It's no wonder you get no respect here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This from someone who couldn't even lace Cassie Campbell's skates. You really want to turn a thread about Kessel into a sexist diatribe? Really?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

You posters are like elementry kids in the school yard.Talking hockey is great,but the name calling is a bit a childish.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another Phil Kessel Thread : you're right, unfortunately however, you never had any
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

You folks post every day every subject,time to get a life.The Kessel thing was fun for a while but to tell you the truth its getting boring.You guys feed on this Toronto,Kessel thing,what is Chara saying today,will this guy be a player crap thing daily,I could give a shi-.I love talking hockey,but most of you posters need to get away from this board for a day or 2 and get a life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Oh, the irony. It's just too funny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Laffs fans are just beginning to realize what kind of player Kessel really is. Check this out: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=840136
    Posted by ksp1957[/QUOTE]

Some real good reading on the halfboards.  I really enjoyed that.  Note:  I didn't post on there, no reason to tell them thank god its you and not us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yet another Phil Kessel Thread :                You folks post every day every subject,time to get a life.The Kessel thing was fun for a while but to tell you the truth its getting boring.You guys feed on this Toronto,Kessel thing,what is Chara saying today,will this guy be a player crap thing daily,I could give a shi-.I love talking hockey,but most of you posters need to get away from this board for a day or 2 and get a life.

Pot, meet kettle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At 5.4 mil a year the good times - the ups - should justify the 5.4 mil a year.  <This year /> - that's more than Bergeron, Krejci, Horton or Lucic.

Yes, everybody has ups and downs, but he is a goal scorer and is supposed to score and hasn't scored in a couple of weeks.  You call that just part of the ups and downs?  so it would just be part of the ups and downs if the Bruins didn't win for a couple of weeks?

Lose (not 'loose' btw) for who?  kessel?  or all the people who still INSIST that he is <beyond /> ups and downs and the Bruins should have sacrificed anything to keep him.  That the Bruins should have fired their coach to keep him - as much as I don't like CJ, you can't have anybody dis the coach no matter how bad the coach is.

That's who I have burning rage for, never mind hate - those people who still insist the likely most lop sided trade in nhl history, if not all sports, was the picks for Kessel.  That the trade was "Kessel for Seguin" according to their imagination (disregarding the other picks).  Yah, I don't tolerate fools well, and those that are insistant about Kessel are both fools and delusional.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Hey Hockey 101 - when are you going to pass that course and gradulate to 201? Maybe take 102 or 103. 

Sections
Shortcuts