Yeti...your thoughts...started by Islamorada

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yeti...your thoughts...started by Islamorada

While recovering from surgery under narcotics, hehe, I noticed this article on NHL.com (Mat Kalman) on what BDC forum posters refer to as Yeti.  After reading I am hoping he will turn into another Thomas Holmstrom.  Size, net presence, heavy stick all translate to the comparison.  Your thoughts?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=692580

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Yeti...your thoughts...started by Islamorada

Not sure who to compare him with but i like his game, hes beginning to show what it is the Bs seen in him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Clearly, he's no Chris Bourque, so that counts in his favor.

Now I must ask, what the bleep does being "heavy around the net" and "having a heavy stick" mean?  Are these euphemisms that should make Bookboy's wife giggle?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

At first I thought this would be a long year for him, especially starting out with the ankle injury but seems to be rounding into form nicely. What has suprised me the most is his physical play and willingness to stand in front of the net and battle along the boards. Hoping he continues the upward progression.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While recovering from surgery under narcotics, hehe, I noticed this article on NHL.com (Mat Kalman) on what BDC forum posters refer to as Yeti.  After reading I am hoping he will turn into another Thomas Holmstrom.  Size, net presence, heavy stick all translate to the comparison.  Your thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Isla, I wish he'd commit to finishing checks all of the time instead of every so often because it certainly adds to his game when he's hitting. Other than that, there's very little to complain about regarding his development. I like him in his 3rd line role.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very different player than what we saw at the end of last year. I really like his game and I expect him to get better as the season progresses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Your thoughts?

I wish he'd commit to finishing checks all of the time instead of every so often because it certainly adds to his game when he's hitting. Other than that, there's very little to complain about regarding his development. I like him in his 3rd line role. [/QUOTE]

When he does, Carl separates players from the puck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clearly, he's no Chris Bourque, so that counts in his favor.

Now I must ask, what the bleep does being "heavy around the net" and "having a heavy stick" mean?  Are these euphemisms that should make Bookboy's wife giggle?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they should, but they definitely do....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Rounding into form, give him more time. Seen some better fundamantal play recently and some real creativity lurking just below the surface. He's an NHL'er for sure, IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In all fairness, seo, I think you're right, and I never thought we'd see the day.  I'm sure if someone dug up old posts of mine (and had a month to read through them), they'd find more than one post saying "why are you proposing a trade involving a half-blind dentist who will only set foot on NA soil for a conference on new dental appliance technology?"

Expectations exceeded.  It's going to be fun seeing what his ceiling is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I like Carlo.

He has a certain "Je ne sais quoi" that will get better as the year goes on.

If he doesn't run out of gas by year end (he's used to short Swedish seasons) he has the size and strength to make the Bruins a even harder team to play against than ever before.

Throw Smith and Ericksson in the mix and playing the Bruins will become an exhausting task.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wheat, it's that "coming at you in waves" effect that makes the team successful even though some of the players seem to be struggling or not performing to past levels.  Imagine being the Rangers - you shut down Krejci, Lucic, Iginla, Bergeron, Eriksson, Smith, Kelly, Soderberg, Krug, Chara...and you lose 2-1 despite dominating most of the game because you can't beat Rask and the fourth line scores twice.  Or Carolina - play the top lines and top offensive defensemen to a standstill but lose because Yetiberg and Smith bury you.

When every line can hold its own and not get burned, eventually someone on this team will score.  And when they do, Rask and team D can make a couple of goals hold up more nights than not.  And the team wins, even though no one is going to take home the fancy hardware for offensive achievements.  I was going to say for individual achievements, but Rask is apparently the front runner for the Vezina and Bergeron for the Selke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Carl has definitely added to my excitement for this season. He's not only handling the move to North American style hockey, but also the shift to wing from center. Throw the Bruins system and an ankle injury on top of those changes and it's made for a really challenging situation. He seems to keep getting better every night. We've been looking for a solid third line, this current incarnation looks like a real keeper. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I really like his game so far. I don't see him as a high end forward, but some elements of his game are too good for a 3rd liner. He's got some good finish and playmaking skills. It gives the Bruins a real edge when he and Smith are on the 3rd line. I also like that he seems to have a little edge and sandpaper to his game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Soderberg was feeling it tonight. The backhand flip pass to start the play, at the blueline, on his own goal was instinctively great!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Soderberg was feeling it tonight. The backhand flip pass to start the play, at the blueline, on his own goal was instinctively great!

[/QUOTE]

Good call! From that play at the blue line, all the way through to the goal itself was some beautiful hockey by the 3rd line! For right now anyway, they're the most exciting line to watch.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Heavy stick:  difficult to lift

Heavy body/presence:  difficult to move

Heavy shot:  No one can define it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

This guy has been one of their best forwards over the past few weeks.  On the scoresheet again today, knocking on the door much of the day. 

No 3rd-line woes this year, Kelly-Yeti-Smith have been really good.

Need to ask BadHab how Bud Holloway is doing?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This guy has been one of their best forwards over the past few weeks.  On the scoresheet again today, knocking on the door much of the day. 

No 3rd-line woes this year, Kelly-Yeti-Smith have been really good.

Need to ask BadHab how Bud Holloway is doing?

[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree and they'll only get better. The Bergy line has to get their mojo back and all will be well. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...Heavy shot:  No one can define it." - 'Not-A-Shot'

Like, frozen pumpkin heavy.

Goalies know what this means.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

while i do agree with NAS here, what I have always understood a heavy shot to be is a shot, normally from the point, that while a hard shot is always low, very tipable, and capable of producing a lot of juicy rebounds. I don't think you'd say Krug has a heavy shot, he's a sniper. I think you'd say Derek Morris had a heavy shot. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heavy stick:  difficult to lift

Heavy body/presence:  difficult to move

Heavy shot:  No one can define it.

[/QUOTE]

No NAS YOU CAN'T DEFINE IT! It's not hard to explain at all, but because you don't agree with the term you slight it! That's just you. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

while i do agree with NAS here, what I have always understood a heavy shot to be is a shot, normally from the point, that while a hard shot is always low, very tipable, and capable of producing a lot of juicy rebounds. I don't think you'd say Krug has a heavy shot, he's a sniper. I think you'd say Derek Morris had a heavy shot. 

[/QUOTE]
    You're half right, but the heavy shot doesn't have to come from the point. It's from an individual. Not everyone has a heavy shot. Most heavy shots do produce great rebounds, because when they hit something it hits with more uumph behind it. The greater impact the greater bounce back. Guys with a heavy shot, also are harder to control for a goalie. Guys who supposedly had, or have heavy shots are.  Sakic, Clark, Lindros, McInnis, Ray Bourque, Neely, Iglina, Neal, Malkin & Weber! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Glad your ^^^. Gotta love those pain killers eh IS? 

Sections
Shortcuts