Yeti...your thoughts...started by Islamorada

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Yeti...your thoughts...started by Islamorada

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

while i do agree with NAS here, what I have always understood a heavy shot to be is a shot, normally from the point, that while a hard shot is always low, very tipable, and capable of producing a lot of juicy rebounds. I don't think you'd say Krug has a heavy shot, he's a sniper. I think you'd say Derek Morris had a heavy shot. 

[/QUOTE]
    You're half right, but the heavy shot doesn't have to come from the point. It's from an individual. Not everyone has a heavy shot. Most heavy shots do produce great rebounds, because when they hit something it hits with more uumph behind it. The greater impact the greater bounce back. Guys with a heavy shot, also are harder to control for a goalie. Guys who supposedly had, or have heavy shots are.  Sakic, Clark, Lindros, McInnis, Ray Bourque, Neely, Iglina, Neal, Malkin & Weber! 

[/QUOTE]

i said normally. Of course it's from an individual, but when they're taking a shot like that, it's normally from the point. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

while i do agree with NAS here, what I have always understood a heavy shot to be is a shot, normally from the point, that while a hard shot is always low, very tipable, and capable of producing a lot of juicy rebounds. I don't think you'd say Krug has a heavy shot, he's a sniper. I think you'd say Derek Morris had a heavy shot. 

[/QUOTE]
    You're half right, but the heavy shot doesn't have to come from the point. It's from an individual. Not everyone has a heavy shot. Most heavy shots do produce great rebounds, because when they hit something it hits with more uumph behind it. The greater impact the greater bounce back. Guys with a heavy shot, also are harder to control for a goalie. Guys who supposedly had, or have heavy shots are.  Sakic, Clark, Lindros, McInnis, Ray Bourque, Neely, Iglina, Neal, Malkin & Weber! 

[/QUOTE]

i said normally. Of course it's from an individual, but when they're taking a shot like that, it's normally from the point. 

[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. If the individual has a "heavy shot" it's there all the time. Doesn't matter where they shoot from.

Let me see if I can put it better for you. Last summer I got a brand new set of Bauer goalie pads. Took them right out of the plastic & onto my legs. I also put on a brand new Vaughn arm & chest protector. Taking my warmup, every shot that comes in is harder & harder, but with my brand new gear I feel nothing. Pucks hit the pads & chest, but there's no feeling directly to my body. By the end of the warm up everybody has been winding up & shooting as hard as they can. 

Game starts & I get a couple of close up slap shots that hit my pads & directly straight at me. Next shift this guy comes down the wing & lets one go. It's straight into the middle of my left pad. My left leg almost collapses & stings directly where the puck hit it & my leg goes numb for about 30 seconds. 2 minutes later, same guy comes down the same side & this time he takes a wrist shot & hits me right in the chest bone. The shot is so 'heavy" it felt like a sledge hammer just hit me & I can't corral the puck. My d-man gets a hold of the puck & ices it. I had to take a 2 minute breather to get my breath back. After the game I take my chest protector off & there's huge welt in the middle of my chest. That guy has a HEAVY SHOT! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You know. I was not all that impressed with the Yeti since he was signed but he has really come around the last few weeks. It's not just the points but he seems all that more engaged in the game as well. Hope he keeps it up. Intensity is good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Perfect timing to offer YETI-Caron-Malcom   For Eric Staal , YETI is 28 years old and Staal 29, Staal has no more motivation with the Canes and a move with the Bruins would reenergize his carreer , Soderberg has a good value at his highest right now , Subban is so so but because of his name he is attractive and Caron ...no comment...

FAT-Iginla-Krejci.       March-Bergeron-Spooner  Staal-Ericksson-Smith.  Paille-Campbell-Fraser/johnson

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I follow the Canes closely. I also have a brother in law who owns a second tier team in Enkoping, Sweden. Staal will not be traded.  The Staal brothers were assembled specifically for Eric. I highly doubt he is on the trade market.  Marc Staal would be a better choice for your fantasy.  Yeti is staying at his cap hit.  If he continues to improve, a new contract and center posiion on the third line will be open next year.  

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perfect timing to offer YETI-Caron-Malcom   For Eric Staal , YETI is 28 years old and Staal 29, Staal has no more motivation with the Canes and a move with the Bruins would reenergize his carreer , Soderberg has a good value at his highest right now , Subban is so so but because of his name he is attractive and Caron ...no comment...

FAT-Iginla-Krejci.       March-Bergeron-Spooner  Staal-Ericksson-Smith.  Paille-Campbell-Fraser/johnson

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

8.25M for your 3rd line center.  I don't know why it's taking Jacobs so long to give you "the" call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Marco was right about the YETI just when he predicted that the YETI was going to have some great moments and help the BRUINS ...the YETI woke up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. If the individual has a "heavy shot" it's there all the time. Doesn't matter where they shoot from.

Let me see if I can put it better for you. Last summer I got a brand new set of Bauer goalie pads. Took them right out of the plastic & onto my legs. I also put on a brand new Vaughn arm & chest protector. Taking my warmup, every shot that comes in is harder & harder, but with my brand new gear I feel nothing. Pucks hit the pads & chest, but there's no feeling directly to my body. By the end of the warm up everybody has been winding up & shooting as hard as they can. 

Game starts & I get a couple of close up slap shots that hit my pads & directly straight at me. Next shift this guy comes down the wing & lets one go. It's straight into the middle of my left pad. My left leg almost collapses & stings directly where the puck hit it & my leg goes numb for about 30 seconds. 2 minutes later, same guy comes down the same side & this time he takes a wrist shot & hits me right in the chest bone. The shot is so 'heavy" it felt like a sledge hammer just hit me & I can't corral the puck. My d-man gets a hold of the puck & ices it. I had to take a 2 minute breather to get my breath back. After the game I take my chest protector off & there's huge welt in the middle of my chest. That guy has a HEAVY SHOT! 

[/QUOTE]

i disagree with your definition. that guy has a hard shot. a rocket. if anybody has a heavy shot from the hash marks, they are probably really bad at hockey. A heavy shot is ideal for a point shot with traffic. You aren't necessarily shooting to score with a heavy shot. if you're in an ideal scoring area you're trying to snipe. Naturally the player posessing the "heavy shot" doesn't need to be shooting from the point for it to be a heavy shot, but why are you trying to shoot that way if you're shooting to score?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hi stanley. the NHL has a salary cap. It limits how much teams spend in a season. So let's pretend you're the GM of the bruins like you will be someday. You offer this trade, and the Canes GM just suffered a stroke so he takes it. Then Gary Bettman calls you up and says, uhhhh Richard, this trade can't be approved as your team would be over the salary cap....embarrassing. 

Sections
Shortcuts