Yo Stanley: Wheeler/Peverley trade revisited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Yo Stanley: Wheeler/Peverley trade revisited

What say you now sir?
    Or anyone else for that matter.
    For me, it looked horrendous for a while, but once Peverley understood his role and the system, it became one sided real fast, especially in the playoffs. IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Yo Stanley: Wheeler/Peverley trade revisited

Yeah... I'm just oh so thrilled now that Wheeler be playing in the Peg next year.

*sigh*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

In Response to Re: Yo Stanley: Wheeler/Peverley trade revisited:
    Yeah... I'm just oh so thrilled now that Wheeler be playing in the Peg next year. *sigh*
    Posted by red75

Well, there is always the chance that the system in Winnipeg will allow him to be a bit more free and easy, which is better for a kid like that. Will be interesting to watch his progress.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Yo Stanley: Wheeler/Peverley trade revisited:
    Yeah... I'm just oh so thrilled now that Wheeler be playing in the Peg next year. *sigh*
    Posted by red75

I have to wonder if there is something in the water where they raise those golden gophers...

I swear both Wheeler and Kessel don't have all the lights on upstairs.

Seriously, does Wheeler really understand offsides?  I'm convinced he is confused about what offsides is.

and I' pretty sure the conversations between Wilson and Kessel go something like this;
    Wilson: I want you to cycle down low and...
    Kessel: that means shoot right after I clearthat big wide blue line?  right?
    Wilson: (groans) whatever.  ok.  yah.
    Kessel (looking at his own net confused):  what was it that I was supposed to do down that end?
    Wilson: pulls revolver from pocket and places it against his temple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I thought it was a fantastic trade simply because of what Peverley brings combined with his very low cap hit for this year and next.  Pev turned out to have a great level of intensity though, and that brought more than I expected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was happy about removing Wheeler more than anything.  I was sad to see Stuart go, but McQuaid played like Stuart in the playoffs for about 1.5 less, so that's okay.

Peverley (soon to be the most misspelled name since Ryabchikov) played great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Between McQuaid and Peverley, I'm not sure who was the most underrated player in the second half of the season. It was great seeing Peverley play well for Horton after game three.

That said, Wheeler did put up a 7-10 (17) line in 23 games for the Thrash. That projects to a 60 point pace. Too bad he never played with that skill level with the Bruins but the trade obviously worked out well for us.

Sections
Shortcuts