You alright shupe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You alright shupe?

Just reading about Moncton, and was thinking that's pretty close to shupe...?  Check in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: You alright shupe?

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Just reading about Moncton, and was thinking that's pretty close to shupe...?  Check in.

He's a few hours and a province away so I certainly hope he's away from that madness. The guy is still running loose with automatic weapons so the city is basically on lock down. It's crazy stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

On stand by for relief duty.  Pretty sad day.  I know probably half the members up in moncton area. Thanks for your thoughts.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On stand by for relief duty.  Pretty sad day.  I know probably half the members up in moncton area. Thanks for your thoughts.  

[/QUOTE]
    Do you know Estabrooks?  She processes crime scenes of murders and other major crimes.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

How awful. Even more so as this is not a place where this sort of thing happens. God bless the fallen officers and their families.

Shupe - I hope your people are ok!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just read the story, sorry to hear this brother. Take care...find him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sincere condolences to your fellow officers and their families, shupe.  And a special thanks to all who put their lives on the line every day protecting average citizens everywhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I was thinking you were in NB.  Forgot about the move into Carey Price's carriage house...

Thoughts with you and the RCMP today, and I hope this ends quietly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was thinking you were in NB.  Forgot about the move into Carey Price's carriage house...

Thoughts with you and the RCMP today, and I hope this ends quietly.

[/QUOTE]
    Shupe's in Nova Scotia, I think.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

This happening in Moncton is surreal.  There isn't a neighborhood in Moncton that you can't walk around during the day and feel safe.  There's a few places at night that you might get robbed by a crackhead, but this neighborhood isn't one of them.  You could walk around this neighborhood with a big wad of cash taped to your forehead and not even get robbed.  It's unbelievable that this is happening here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I did the same thing Fletch did, but remembered shupe's in NS not NB before posting.  That said, the RCMP isn't a huge community.  Something like this is bound to hit home.

I hate this. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I did the same thing Fletch did, but remembered shupe's in NS not NB before posting.  That said, the RCMP isn't a huge community.  Something like this is bound to hit home.

I hate this. 

[/QUOTE]
    NS and NB should be one province anyway.

PS.  I wonder how Marco is going to manage to turn this into a "seg thread".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The maritimes is a very close in proximity group of provinces, very sad to hear of this tragedy. Police work can of course be dangerous but you never expect this kind of thing, thoughts and prayers to those involved and their families.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NB is bilingual. If anything they should be absorbed by Quebec.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

NB is bilingual. If anything they should be absorbed by Quebec.

[/QUOTE]

Haha, F no!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Haven't seen this in the US news yet.

Is CBC or some Canadian news outlet streaming live somewhere?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Haha, F no!

[/QUOTE]

lol...from NB I take it? We in the west would not be too choked up about such a development. One less province to remember :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate this. 

[/QUOTE]

PS.  I wonder how Marco is going to manage to turn this into a "seg thread".

[/QUOTE]

Oh, probably something tasteless, like "I haven't felt this devastated by tragic events since the Bruins traded...."

[object HTMLDivElement]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

lol...from NB I take it? We in the west would not be too choked up about such a development. One less province to remember :)

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I'm from NB.  I think NB, NS and PE should become one province.  Even together, we'd still be the smallest province geographically and have a population well under 2 million.  There's no reason to have three separate governments. It's a waste of taxpayers money.  There's my political rant for the day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Haven't seen this in the US news yet.

Is CBC or some Canadian news outlet streaming live somewhere?

[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure, but I would think so.  I've been watching on TV here in Canada.  CTV News Channel have been following it all day CNN style.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm from NB.  I think NB, NS and PE should become one province.  Even together, we'd still be the smallest province geographically and have a population well under 2 million.  There's no reason to have three separate governments. It's a waste of taxpayers money.  There's my political rant for the day.

[/QUOTE]

Its all about Confederation my man. All three were individual British colonies with their own functioning governments and keeping them was part of their agreement to join the Dominion of Canada. Rational, no....politically practical for the time, yes.

Just think though. If the atlantic provinces amalgamated perhaps they would finally be graced with a CFL team, no?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

Its all about Confederation my man. All three were individual British colonies with their own functioning governments and keeping them was part of their agreement to join the Dominion of Canada. Rational, no....politically practical for the time, yes.

Just think though. If the atlantic provinces amalgamated perhaps they would finally be graced with a CFL team, no?

[/QUOTE]

I know it made sense back in the day.  Going from Sydney, NS to Edmundston, NB on horse back would've been an adventure.  I know I'll probably never live long enough to see a Maritime Province, but it would make sense nowadays.

As far as a CFL team, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work in Moncton.  We couldn't even keep our AHL team.  Halifax is a lot bigger, but I have no idea if it would work out there.  Shupe would be a better judge of that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it made sense back in the day.  Going from Sydney, NS to Edmundston, NB on horse back would've been an adventure.  I know I'll probably never live long enough to see a Maritime Province, but it would make sense nowadays.

As far as a CFL team, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work in Moncton.  We couldn't even keep our AHL team.  Halifax is a lot bigger, but I have no idea if it would work out there.  Shupe would be a better judge of that.

[/QUOTE]

Rumor is a cfl stadium being built near the new bridge.  Halifax and NS has some huge backers.  Keiths-Sobeys to name two and you gotta think Irving would be in.  

I think a team would work.  Mooseheads get a fantastic support.  AHL teams have failed in the past though.   

PS. For those asking i work downtown halifax.  Went to school in Fredericton. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hoping to hear that your colleagues catch this b@stard Shupe. Can't believe this happened in Moncton (Hung out a bit at a pub there back in the day whenever I went through) but I know as well as anyone that it can happen anywhere. I was one of the first reporters on site the day of Mayerthorpe - I was working based out of Barrhead at the time and knew cops at both detachments. Can't believe it's happening again. 

I also hope my colleagues show some flipping discretion this time. I was a local for Mayerthorpe, and treated them all with respect. But the reporters who came in from out of the area were flipping vultures - no respect. One Const. I knew was sitting on the steps of his detachment and crying, and a columist from Edmonton got right in his face. He popped the guy right in the mouth. Put a smile on my face and I never reported it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He popped the guy right in the mouth. Put a smile on my face and I never reported it.

[/QUOTE]

Until now anyway, but it's among friends, or mostly friends.

Sections
Shortcuts