You alright shupe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: You alright shupe?

It came out a few years later when the Mountie involved mentioned it to a documentarian, though I don't think the names of either the reporter or Const. were ever brought out publicly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Thoughts and best wishes to the good folk of Moncton and the RCMP from your friends down here in the States.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

One of my coworkers lives in the lockdown zone.  I asked him: "Are you sure you want to be there?  I'd look at staying elsewhere until they find him."  He answered: "I have my compound bow and hunting arrows out, just in case."  Uh, yeah, that sounds like a good plan.  He probably never heard the saying "bringing a knife to a gun fight".

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I remember the big bridge when I had my daughter enrolled at Acadia U.  Going back to the states on a foggy day it looked as if you were driving into water.  Cool bridge.  A stadium would work there.  Cheers.  Me best!

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its all about Confederation my man. All three were individual British colonies with their own functioning governments and keeping them was part of their agreement to join the Dominion of Canada. Rational, no....politically practical for the time, yes.

Just think though. If the atlantic provinces amalgamated perhaps they would finally be graced with a CFL team, no?

[/QUOTE]

I know it made sense back in the day.  Going from Sydney, NS to Edmundston, NB on horse back would've been an adventure.  I know I'll probably never live long enough to see a Maritime Province, but it would make sense nowadays.

As far as a CFL team, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work in Moncton.  We couldn't even keep our AHL team.  Halifax is a lot bigger, but I have no idea if it would work out there.  Shupe would be a better judge of that.

[/QUOTE]

Rumor is a cfl stadium being built near the new bridge.  Halifax and NS has some huge backers.  Keiths-Sobeys to name two and you gotta think Irving would be in.  

I think a team would work.  Mooseheads get a fantastic support.  AHL teams have failed in the past though.   

PS. For those asking i work downtown halifax.  Went to school in Fredericton. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

One of my coworkers lives in the lockdown zone.  I asked him: "Are you sure you want to be there?  I'd look at staying elsewhere until they find him."  He answered: "I have my compound bow and hunting arrows out, just in case."  Uh, yeah, that sounds like a good plan.  He probably never heard the saying "bringing a knife to a gun fight".

There were some reports earlier that the suspect has a bow as well - a crossbow. Broadhead arrows out of a crossbow can pierce some types of body armor. This lunatic is intent on killng cops.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Rumor is a cfl stadium being built near the new bridge.  Halifax and NS has some huge backers.  Keiths-Sobeys to name two and you gotta think Irving would be in.  

[/QUOTE]

Interesting and well overdue in my opinion. Hard to be called the Canadian Football League and have the teams stop in Montreal. There is almost a quarter of the eastern landmass being ignored.

If NS does get a team they should name it the Concords...just to p*** off Montreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting and well overdue in my opinion. Hard to be called the Canadian Football League and have the teams stop in Montreal. There is almost a quarter of the eastern landmass being ignored.

If NS does get a team they should name it the Concords...just to p*** off Montreal.

[/QUOTE]

Or Nova Scotia Krieders.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Or Nova Scotia Krieders.  

[/QUOTE]

Ha! That'll do nicely....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Went to school in Fredericton. 

[/QUOTE]

I knew you looked familiar!  I think we had a drink at Sweetwater back in the day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I knew you looked familiar!  I think we had a drink at Sweetwater back in the day.

[/QUOTE]

Valentine's Day...?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

On stand by for relief duty.  Pretty sad day.  I know probably half the members up in moncton area. Thanks for your thoughts.  

[/QUOTE]

Thoughts & prayers to you & your brethren Shupe. Truly hope you get this fawker soon & not it's another Allan Legere ordeal! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You & Shupe met in a gay bar? HUH...makes total sense. ;-D

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

They caught the fawker.  Too bad everyone has a video camera with them all the time now.  This would 've been a good night for a little police brutality. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moncton is a great option for the CFL.  Virtually the entire Maritime population is less than a 90 minute commute.  With a small weekend only schedule, it could easily work.  The quality of a franchise, not population estimates would be the deciding factor.

Look at Regina.

God bless the families of our fallen officers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Condolences on the loss of your brothers Shupe. Thank god that's over. Time now to support those that experienced loss.

NAS surprised you've been in this neck of the woods, had to laugh at the Sweetwater reference. My bar days were done when that place came along but it's known as a good meat market.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Valentine's Day...?

[/QUOTE]

I picture it more as a "bro-down"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look at Regina.

[/QUOTE]

I currently live there and you are right about that. The one thing though is that the Roughriders are currently riding a wave of success which has fueled the interest. When I first got here the team was terrible literally for decades and you couldn't give tickets away. There were actually telethons and ticket drives to help stimulate team interest. That's the problem with smaller markets. Its usually either bandwagon success or threat of folding...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's still there.  This was about 15 years ago.  Anyway, it was a kickass bar.  Cheap drinks, good music and the best looking women in town.

100% not your kind of place, nite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I currently live there and you are right about that. The one thing though is that the Roughriders are currently riding a wave of success which has fueled the interest. When I first got here the team was terrible literally for decades and you couldn't give tickets away. There were actually telethons and ticket drives to help stimulate team interest. That's the problem with smaller markets. Its usually either bandwagon success or threat of folding...

[/QUOTE]

I got a call last summer from Kris Versteeg, asking me to renew my season tickets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

I got a call last summer from Kris Versteeg, asking me to renew my season tickets.

[/QUOTE]

Was he convincing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

and the best looking women in town.

[/QUOTE]

You mean they all had their own teeth?  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was he convincing?

[/QUOTE]

I was renewing them anyway, but it was still cool.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

I was renewing them anyway, but it was still cool.  

[/QUOTE]

You should have given some demands: like acquiring Luongo and trading Versteeg himself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

By the way NAS, what's the story down there about the possibility of the Panthers hiring Wilson?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if it's still there.  This was about 15 years ago.  Anyway, it was a kickass bar.  Cheap drinks, good music and the best looking women in town.

100% not your kind of place, nite.

[/QUOTE]

Still there, different name http://www.irockfredericton.ca/"

Still known for the same qualities you've listed.

Sections
Shortcuts