your Bruins 23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

your Bruins 23

Knowing that there will certainly be some early-season shifting of who dresses and who watches and who plays on which lines, what would be your choice for the 23 players to comprise the Bruins roster?

I'll go first -  

G : Rask, Svedberg

D : Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuck, McQuaid, Hamilton, Bartkowski, Krug

LW : Lucic, Marchand, Soderberg (C), Paille, Caron (RW)

C : Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell (IR), Spooner

RW : Iginla, Eriksson, Smith, Fraser, Thornton (sigh)

One of Smith, Fraser or Spooner returns to PVD when Campbell is fully healthy. I would sit Thornton most nights, unless there is a glaring need for enforcement - better to free up ice time to develop the younger wingers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: your Bruins 23

I need to see more of Smith&Fraser to make a call.  The one game of Faser I saw, his decision making was poor.  I would play Sweethands Johnson over him.  I'd like to think Smith will be better, but I've never seen him play.  I'd put Soderberg on left and Kelly at center on the third line unless Caron is looking real good this year.  I'd be open to the idea of moving Kelly and giving Spooner a shot if possible with the whole no-trade thing.  The rest of the team seems set.  Among the 3 young D, I like Krug the best as a third pair guy for his offence, though Bartowski is possibly better all around and Hamilton needs to play to reach his massive potential.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I haven't liked any part of Soderberg's game.  He doesn't seem like a fit to me.  However, every time I have seen spooner, the kid looks the part.  His skill is evident, fast, and appears to compete hard.  Not sure if he can handle the wing, but I like him a lot better than Soderberg.  I still remeber watching the rookie game that was streamed on the Bruins website that was played at the garden , when everyone was googoo about Tyler, and Spooner stole the show.  He had a better camp than did Tyler, but there was no chance in heck that he was going to beat out the number 2 pick overall.  I just want PC & Claude to field the best team possible and not worry about where they were selected.  If Trotman plays better than Dougie, than I want to see Zack on the team and Dougie in Providence.  If "Sweethands" plays better than Caron, Rielly, Knight, etc..., than I want to see him on the roster.  They are calling it a competition, let's hope it is a fair one.  I understand that the cap does change things a bit, but for those players that have options, how they were obtained shouldn't factor into the decision.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

has there been any indication that campbell will ever be on IR?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to fanonymost's comment:

Knowing that there will certainly be some early-season shifting of who dresses and who watches and who plays on which lines, what would be your choice for the 23 players to comprise the Bruins roster?

I'll go first -  

G : Rask, Svedberg

D : Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuck, McQuaid, Hamilton, Bartkowski, Krug

LW : Lucic, Marchand, Soderberg (C), Paille, Caron (RW)

C : Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell (IR), Spooner

RW : Iginla, Eriksson, Smith, Fraser, Thornton (sigh)

One of Smith, Fraser or Spooner returns to PVD when Campbell is fully healthy. I would sit Thornton most nights, unless there is a glaring need for enforcement - better to free up ice time to develop the younger wingers.

Interesting !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Read the most recent report this morning saying that Campbell has turned a corner in his rehab (no longer feeling pain from the plate & screws) and will see consistent action during the remaining preseason games as he strives to regain full strength, so it seems that Spooner will be the odd man out from the get-go as Soderberg can provide back-up centerman capability (ala Peverley) in the event of injury or sickness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to fanonymost's comment:

Read the most recent report this morning saying that Campbell has turned a corner in his rehab (no longer feeling pain from the plate & screws) and will see consistent action during the remaining preseason games as he strives to regain full strength, so it seems that Spooner will be the odd man out from the get-go as Soderberg can provide back-up centerman capability (ala Peverley) in the event of injury or sickness.

ya. campbell was never scheduled to be on IR for the regular season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I was expecting a lot more from Soderberg....he has not scored one single goal yet including the pre season games....i wonder if he is going to stay very long with the BRUINS ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I was expecting a lot more from Soderberg....he has not scored one single goal yet including the pre season games....i wonder if he is going to stay very long with the BRUINS ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

I think PC & CJ are committed to giving Soderberg a good long look. In past seasons, they have watched him be very successful in Sweden and tried to convince him to make the move to the NHL. Besides, it's not like he will be keeping some uber-talented winger down in Providence or up in the press box.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

ya. campbell was never scheduled to be on IR for the regular season. 

I am glad that Campbell will likely be at or very near 100% by the end of preseason, but would also prefer that Spooner be given some extended ice time if Campbell was still hurting. Unlike football, placing him on IR to start the season would only mean him missing the first seven games, so the cost would not be high. Up until yesterday, there were no reports ( that I saw ) indicating an imminent return to game action.