Your Experiences At The Parade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Your Experiences At The Parade

Folks, if anyone was lucky enough to be at the parade yesterday, would you share your experience of the event?  I watched from up here in T. O. and it looked like just a blast.  If you were there, please tell us what it was like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Your Experiences At The Parade

Rich,

I drove to Boston Thursday morning early from Nova Scotia.  Left NS at 5am.  Pretty much had zero sleep after watching the game wednesday night and all the after celebrations. 
    Thusrday Night Eddie Vedder
    Friday Night Sox Game
    Saturday Parade-excellent time, people from far and wide happy and enjoying the day.  I even managed to smile in traffic as I was driving home.  I was at Game On behind Fenway and ran into 3 guys I knew who took last minute flights and drove down just for the parade.
    Amazing the amount of Bruins fans from Canada.  
    Amazing weekend for me.  Wednesday-sunday was something I will never forget.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Your Experiences At The Parade:
    [QUOTE]Rich, I drove to Boston Thursday morning early from Nova Scotia.  Left NS at 5am.  Pretty much had zero sleep after watching the game wednesday night and all the after celebrations.  Thusrday Night Eddie Vedder Friday Night Sox Game Saturday Parade-excellent time, people from far and wide happy and enjoying the day.  I even managed to smile in traffic as I was driving home.  I was at Game On behind Fenway and ran into 3 guys I knew who took last minute flights and drove down just for the parade. Amazing the amount of Bruins fans from Canada.   Amazing weekend for me.  Wednesday-sunday was something I will never forget.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

shupe - Sounds brilliant, bro.  What a whirlwind!  Some buddies and I were toying with the idea of heading down.  Problem was I wasn't far enough ahead with my report cards as I'd hoped to be in order to take the weekend to drive down to Boston. 

I was watching the event from the official team site while doing reports and loved every minute of it.  Still, it couldn't compare to actually being there among the fans, the excitement and seeing the club like you did.  That must have been unreal.  Well done!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your Experiences At The Parade : shupe - Sounds brilliant, bro.  What a whirlwind!  Some buddies and I were toying with the idea of heading down.  Problem was I wasn't far enough ahead with my report cards as I'd hoped to be in order to take the weekend to drive down to Boston.  I was watching the event from the official team site while doing reports and loved every minute of it.  Still, it couldn't compare to actually being there among the fans, the excitement and seeing the club like you did.  That must have been unreal.  Well done!
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    My buddies flew in from Toronto and I drove with a buddy from NS.  Honestly the weather on Thursday was 34 degrees and pure sun which was fitting considering the cup win.  The guys I ran into were old hockey buddies from Ontario.  There were a lot of Canadians everywhere. 
    On a side note I was reading were parents of a young offender turned their son in for his involvement in the riot. 

Boston is my favorite place on earth.  I love the city, love the sports coverage via NESN.  I really need a to buy a vacation home there. 
    Cheers bud.  Next year you can make sure your work is up to snuff in advance. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

RHO - I had a blast.  I've been to all the celebrations this city has had since 1986 (other than the '08 Celtics...just started a new job and couldn't justify taking the time off).  This one and '04 Red Sox were easily the most enjoyable....and the reason was the same:  it was all about families.  Mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, Grandparents, etc.  It was a celebration for young and old.  Truly a great, great time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24Reilly. Show 24Reilly's posts

Left my house at 11:30 PM Friday night. Drove straight through the night. My girlfriend was supposed to relieve me for a spell but I was running on adrenalin and there was no need. We brought our combined 5 kids in a 7 passenger Dodge Journey. It was tight and uncomfortable but nobody complained once. Arrived in downtown Boston at around 9 AM and promptly found a spot along the route. Met some of the nicest people and two of the funniest guys entertained us while we waited for the parade. The two funny guys let our kids right up to the front so they could see everything. The whole trip was worth every penny spent. That's if I had to pay for it but the $1000 I won from my Hab fan friend paid for the whole deal. One of the best days of my life. I still can't go 10 minutes without thinking how I can't believe it. That was my fifth trip to Boston and by far the very best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I had a blast I drove in from Marshfield with very little traffic got there at 9 am walked around Boston watched the parade got some really cool pictures and went home.  Was a great day in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]RHO - I had a blast.  I've been to all the celebrations this city has had since 1986 (other than the '08 Celtics...just started a new job and couldn't justify taking the time off).  This one and '04 Red Sox were easily the most enjoyable....and the reason was the same:  it was all about families.  Mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, Grandparents, etc.  It was a celebration for young and old.  Truly a great, great time.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

jalvis - Everything about the parade sounds so warm and sincere.  That you mentioned families translates to me as generations of Bruin support.  Makes me wonder what we'd be reading about had the Canucks lucked out.  Somehow the words bloodshed and chaos might make an appearance.  Yesterday's event was another tale you can add to your lengthy list of Boston celebrations, buddy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your Experiences At The Parade : My buddies flew in from Toronto and I drove with a buddy from NS.  Honestly the weather on Thursday was 34 degrees and pure sun which was fitting considering the cup win.  The guys I ran into were old hockey buddies from Ontario.  There were a lot of Canadians everywhere.  On a side note I was reading were parents of a young offender turned their son in for his involvement in the riot.  Boston is my favorite place on earth.  I love the city, love the sports coverage via NESN.  I really need a to buy a vacation home there.  Cheers bud.  Next year you can make sure your work is up to snuff in advance. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Parents turned their kid in?  Good for them.  I have yet to visit Boston but it is on my "to do" list.  Closest thing I have is pics of Boston Garden some friends took years ago while visiting Cape Cod.  You can bet report cards will be in order well ahead of time next year just in case there's another rolling rally planned.  Always enjoy reading your stuff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Left my house at 11:30 PM Friday night. Drove straight through the night. My girlfriend was supposed to relieve me for a spell but I was running on adrenalin and there was no need. We brought our combined 5 kids in a 7 passenger Dodge Journey. It was tight and uncomfortable but nobody complained once. Arrived in downtown Boston at around 9 AM and promptly found a spot along the route. Met some of the nicest people and two of the funniest guys entertained us while we waited for the parade. The two funny guys let our kids right up to the front so they could see everything. The whole trip was worth every penny spent. That's if I had to pay for it but the $1000 I won from my Hab fan friend paid for the whole deal. One of the best days of my life. I still can't go 10 minutes without thinking how I can't believe it. That was my fifth trip to Boston and by far the very best.
    Posted by 24Reilly[/QUOTE]

Good to have you back on the board.  Your trip sounds like one of those times where everything was aligned just right.  Full props to your buddy for paying up.  A grand?  Was it for the Bruins beating the Habs or the B's going all the way?  Glad it worked out so well for you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I had a blast I drove in from Marshfield with very little traffic got there at 9 am walked around Boston watched the parade got some really cool pictures and went home.  Was a great day in Boston.
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

Tucker - It sounds like the experience was everything anyone could have hoped for.  It sure looked like it on video but it can't compare to being there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your Experiences At The Parade : Parents turned their kid in?  Good for them.  I have yet to visit Boston but it is on my "to do" list.  Closest thing I have is pics of Boston Garden some friends took years ago while visiting Cape Cod.  You can bet report cards will be in order well ahead of time next year just in case there's another rolling rally planned.  Always enjoy reading your stuff.

Thanks Rich- you must like a shitdisturber.  :-) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Great stories guys.  Couldn't make the trip myself.  Shupe and jalvis, that sounds awesome.  Happy for you.

I was thrilled the NHL network covered it and I watched with my wife and two year old daughter (who's still saying "Luoooongo" and "which one is the biter?" whenever we watch).  Unlike the NHL, if you bite someone at daycare, you get in trouble.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Great stories guys.  Couldn't make the trip myself.  Shupe and jalvis, that sounds awesome.  Happy for you. I was thrilled the NHL network covered it and I watched with my wife and two year old daughter (who's still saying "Luoooongo" and "which one is the biter?" whenever we watch).  Unlike the NHL, if you bite someone at daycare, you get in trouble.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Haha, the daycare story kills me.  mainly b/c its true.  its one of the 1st things we are taught.  Don't bite!  Burrows would miss snack time and have to take a timeout in the corner.  I think that would be better than a suspension.

The entire everything around the Bruins was awesome the 3 days I was there.  At the Eddie concert a huge Lets Go Bruins chant started in the theatre to where Eddie stopped and toasted the Bruins and their fans.  At the Sox game Friday they kept showing fans in Bruins gear and a stanley cup champ poster which drew a huge ovation. 
    Its a great time for that city and Bruins fans everywhere. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I drove down Friday night, got to Boston at 10pm. Partied with some local Bruin fans till 2am, woke up at 7am.   Some friends (Krispy from here) reserved a spot in from of TD Garden for myself and BruinsUnite they were there at 7am.
    Anyone that picked spots from 7am-9am could have gotten a pretty good view. Well spread put.
    After they passed in front of us myself and the others rushed to get another glimpse of the Duck boats near the Common.  That was a marathon !  Good exercise.  Too bad we didn't make it to Copley Square on time. I was staying right in front at the Fairmount.

All in all great times and will always be engraved in memory.

p.s. got some nice pictures to share soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BTW RHO where I was standing there was a young lady across from me with  Maple Leaf's jersey with a sign saying representing TO and something on Kaberle.
    Made me think of you and wondered if you has made it down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

In Response to Your Experiences At The Parade:
    [QUOTE]Folks, if anyone was lucky enough to be at the parade yesterday, would you share your experience of the event?  I watched from up here in T. O. and it looked like just a blast.  If you were there, please tell us what it was like.

Rich,

I live in the city, so getting to the parade was easy.  We claimed some ground around 9:30 AM on Boylston between Clarendon and Dartmouth and waited for 3 hours for the boys to come rolling by.  Had great views of Chara hoisting the cup along with Timmy waving to the crowd.  From our side of the street, we saw Chara, Timmy, Horton, Lucic, Ryder, McQuaid, Marchand, Seids, Patrice, Boychuck, Caron and we got a bonus and saw Johnny Bucyck, Andy Brickley, and Rene Rancourt!  Great stuff.  The fans around us were fantastic ... a few climbing trees and bus stops; the cops were enjoying things too -- not busting people for every little thing.  Basically, it was a sea of Black & Gold ... must have looked awesome from tv.

It was a fantastic way to cap off the season and officially kick off summer! Best parade experience I've had out of all of the championships.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Wow! What a whirlwind...flew into Boston on Sunday before game 6, went to the game and enjoyed the pre-game crowds, watched game 7 with hoards of Bruins fans (would have sat in my recliner at home alone otherwise). Saturday we departed from Woburn to catch the train into town, the trains were full up at the Winchester stop and passed right by, decided to get in the car and head to the closest T stop we could find, ended up in Davis Square. We arrived at the Boston Commons and staked our claim right in the front row around 8am. Upon arrival the barriers had not been set up yet so I crossed the street to use the restroom, upon my arrival back to the street the barriers were in place and I could not get back to the other side. Note to the Boston police, please allow for street crossing areas at future parades, you can close off the crossing location when the parade rolls by but geez, it took me an hour and a half to get to the other side where my friends and family were holding my spot. Great time at the parade and this kid (44 year old man) finally lived his childhood dream. I hope I don't have to wait another 40 years. GO BRUINS!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Wow! What a whirlwind...flew into Boston on Sunday before game 6, went to the game and enjoyed the pre-game crowds, watched game 7 with hoards of Bruins fans (would have sat in my recliner at home alone otherwise). Saturday we departed from Woburn to catch the train into town, the trains were full up at the Winchester stop and passed right by, decided to get in the car and head to the closest T stop we could find, ended up in Davis Square. We arrived at the Boston Commons and staked our claim right in the front row around 8am. Upon arrival the barriers had not been set up yet so I crossed the street to use the restroom, upon my arrival back to the street the barriers were in place and I could not get back to the other side. Note to the Boston police, please allow for street crossing areas at future parades, you can close off the crossing location when the parade rolls by but geez, it took me an hour and a half to get to the other side where my friends and family were holding my spot. Great time at the parade and this kid (44 year old man) finally lived his childhood dream. I hope I don't have to wait another 40 years. GO BRUINS!!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

good post and great experience for sure

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Left my house at 11:30 PM Friday night. Drove straight through the night. My girlfriend was supposed to relieve me for a spell but I was running on adrenalin and there was no need. We brought our combined 5 kids in a 7 passenger Dodge Journey. It was tight and uncomfortable but nobody complained once. Arrived in downtown Boston at around 9 AM and promptly found a spot along the route. Met some of the nicest people and two of the funniest guys entertained us while we waited for the parade. The two funny guys let our kids right up to the front so they could see everything. The whole trip was worth every penny spent. That's if I had to pay for it but the $1000 I won from my Hab fan friend paid for the whole deal. One of the best days of my life. I still can't go 10 minutes without thinking how I can't believe it. That was my fifth trip to Boston and by far the very best.

Reilly, did you have 4 kids there, one with autographed Bergeron jersy. This story seems pretty familiar! I live in Boston, and my pals and I were there at 8 for a great view of it all, about half way between Park st and arlington station. Sooo much fun! Was great seeing the B's party with the cup! I took some pretty great pics, I'll have to post some.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24Reilly. Show 24Reilly's posts

RHO, the bet was a 5 year bet that if the Bruins win the cup I get a grand. If the Habs win the cup, he gets a grand. Best part is there is two years left on the bet. Making a scrap book for him. We made a sign that says " Thanks Paul" on it and took some pictures of the whole weekend that we plan on putting in the scrapbook so he can see what he paid for.
    MD Sizzle, sounds familiar but we had 5 kids with us and no Bergeron jersey. I will post a pic when I get it downloaded. We were right across the road from the TD bank and a Wendy's. Cant remember the street.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I drove down Friday night, got to Boston at 10pm. Partied with some local Bruin fans till 2am, woke up at 7am.   Some friends (Krispy from here) reserved a spot in from of TD Garden for myself and BruinsUnite they were there at 7am. Anyone that picked spots from 7am-9am could have gotten a pretty good view. Well spread put. After they passed in front of us myself and the others rushed to get another glimpse of the Duck boats near the Common.  That was a marathon !  Good exercise.  Too bad we didn't make it to Copley Square on time. I was staying right in front at the Fairmount. All in all great times and will always be engraved in memory. p.s. got some nice pictures to share soon.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion - Add your to the long list of awesome times had by fans.  I think you were going to hook up with RR, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]RHO, the bet was a 5 year bet that if the Bruins win the cup I get a grand. If the Habs win the cup, he gets a grand. Best part is there is two years left on the bet. Making a scrap book for him. We made a sign that says " Thanks Paul" on it and took some pictures of the whole weekend that we plan on putting in the scrapbook so he can see what he paid for. MD Sizzle, sounds familiar but we had 5 kids with us and no Bergeron jersey. I will post a pic when I get it downloaded. We were right across the road from the TD bank and a Wendy's. Cant remember the street.

Reilly - You and your buddy clearly have honour.  If it were any one of my crew, they would have asked me to lend them the grand in order to make the bet with me in the first place. :^)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HadleyGrass. Show HadleyGrass's posts

Went with my brother-inlaw, father-inlaw and nephew and we had a great time. Stood aoutside Gov't Center near the TV platforms and enjoyed the people, the sun and the polite crowds. I have a few pics here if you're interested.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradsox04. Show bradsox04's posts

The NHL cable station covered pretty much the whole parade Saturday... via the great NESN feed! Almost felt like I was there instead of in 93 degree Florida. GREAT VIBE! It was impressive how many folks got to touch ther Cup!
     The Bruins players - w.o. the uniforms - look like a bunch of high school kids! GO BRUINS!!!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts