Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans

In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans : Kel? I remember one of Neely's come back games & the Standing O' he got was almost as crazy as the one Orr got in his Jersey retirement. I thought it was against the Northstars for some reason & he scored on his 2nd shift. Maybe that was during the 93-94 season I'm thinking of & that would've been against Dallas.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I'm going strictly on memeory, I tried to youtube it to no avail. If someone can find it please post it. It was on one of his early shifts and he barreled down the off wing and stuffed it over Essensa, I could be wrong but would love to know...Anyways, the Neely goal against Fiset was a great one

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans : I'm going strictly on memeory, I tried to youtube it to no avail. If someone can find it please post it. It was on one of his early shifts and he barreled down the off wing and stuffed it over Essensa, I could be wrong but would love to know...Anyways, the Neely goal against Fiset was a great one
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

So was the spinorama goal against the Senators! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans:
    [QUOTE]For sure the Cup we won 7 weeks ago might be on top of the list but let's exclude the 2011 playoffs run. I'm thinking about: The heartbreaker elimination vs Habs during game 7 in May 1979 The 1st time in 45 years B's eliminated the Habs (1988, I think) One moment that many fans forgot (don't know why) but on Saturday November 25th 1985 (I think), B's are playing Habs at the Forum. B's win the game and at the end of the game, all B's players regroup in a corner on the ice, knocking their sticks on the glass, in direction of Normand Léveillé who attended the game. One of his first public appearance after his accident Still about Normand Léveillé, when he skated on the ice during the last hurrah (1995). Classy act by M. classy himself (#77) What's yours...
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]
    ORR'S goal v St Louis.
    Ted GREENE on the ice w/Cup.
    habs 1979.
    Ray w/Cup.
    This year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bochi6. Show bochi6's posts

#1 for me has to be 2008, Game 6, Marco Sturm! I was there with my father, we still talk about it. Rumors are true, the building was easily loudest ive ever seen (30 yrs old, season ticket holder since 2nd year of fleet center). Plus it was THE MOMENT Bruins hockey turned the corner and led us to the glory we all bask in today.

other notables, good and bad:
    -Horton hit by Rome, i was driving, listening on radio. I called my mother who was watching at home and she was balling.
    -Was at Game 7 loss to Carolina in '09, that sucked
    -Losing 4 straight to Flyers
    -Tampa Bay game 7
    -All Montreal series victories
    -Stanley Cup '11 obviously

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

1. Normand Léveillé returning to Garden
    2. Bourque taking off #7 and going with #77
    3. Neely retirement press confernce
    4. Passing of Fred Cusick
    5. Mark Savards battle with concussions
    6 Bobby Orr being traded to Chicago
    7 Joe Thornton being traded to San Jose
    8 Loss to Philly last year after being up 3
    9 Brad Parks goal against Buffalo in playoffs
    10 Too many men on the ice in Montreal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans:
    [QUOTE]For sure the Cup we won 7 weeks ago might be on top of the list but let's exclude the 2011 playoffs run. I'm thinking about: The heartbreaker elimination vs Habs during game 7 in May 1979 The 1st time in 45 years B's eliminated the Habs (1988, I think) One moment that many fans forgot (don't know why) but on Saturday November 25th 1985 (I think), B's are playing Habs at the Forum. B's win the game and at the end of the game, all B's players regroup in a corner on the ice, knocking their sticks on the glass, in direction of Normand Léveillé who attended the game. One of his first public appearance after his accident Still about Normand Léveillé, when he skated on the ice during the last hurrah (1995). Classy act by M. classy himself (#77) What's yours...
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]
    The 2009-2010 season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Since we're talking bad emotions as well as good,  excluding the gloriousness of 2011 playoffs (by far the greatest catharsis I've experienced in sports other than Sox in '04) I'd have to rank them this way it terms of strength of emotion felt, for good or ill:

1) Game 7, 1979 vs. the Habs. It's a vulnerable moment for an 11-year old kid who bleeds black and gold, has hated the Habs from the time he was capable of such an emotion, and truly, honestly believed the Bruins had the game wrapped up when Nifty scored to make it 4-3. To make matters worse, Lafleur's tying goal was scored off my favorite all-time Bruins goalie Gilles Gilbert--who played so valiantly in that series--and seeing his obvious despair in the post-game handshake made me lose it. I literally cried myself to sleep that night and will never forget it.

2) Game 7, 1983, Park blasts OT winner vs. Buffalo: I don't really know why this game was so emotional for me. I think it was b/c the Bruins were supposed to beat the Sabres--they couldn't possibly lose to these guys (or so I thought)--and yet there they were locked in an incredibly tense Game 7 w/chances on both sides that could have ended it. The mad scramble in front of the net, when the puck popped open for Park's blistering slap shot game winner seemed to unfold in slow motion, and I remember sinking to my knees in a wave of relief and joy. Of course all that meant was a listless 5-game ouster at the hands of the Islanders in the next round, but at the time it was pure joy mixed with stress-releasing relief.

3) Tie: 1986/1988: Finally beating the Habs in a playoff series/Advancing to the Finals in Game 7 vs. the Devils. First part needs no explanation--payback for '79--and Game 7 vs. Devs is to me one of the more underrated moments in B's history, probably b/c all it meant was a 4-game sweep against Gretzky. But at the time, when Craig Janney made that beautiful pick-off and deke around Burke to advance the Bruins to the Finals I was full of hope and enjoy and thoughts of "upset!" Not meant to be, but sweet emotion nonetheless.

4) Game 1, Finals vs. Edmonton, 1990. No matter how many times I see the replay, I still can't believe Wesley missed the net. Is disbelief an emotion? How about disgust? Anger is. Let's go with anger.

5) Game 4, 1983, Bruins vs. Islanders. This is one of those games that matter only on a personal level. I was living on Long Island at the time, suffering the arrogance of Islander fans and their dynastic dominance, and somehow scored a ticket to game 4. Bruins were already down 3 games to none and looking at a sweep when Terry O'Reilly scored in OT to beat the Isles 4-3 and keep the series going for what turned out to be just one more game. When O'Reilly scored I leapt to my feet and started shouting "It's not over! It's not over!!", and I swear to this day my voice at that moment was the only thing you could hear in the Nassau Moseleum. Truth is, I knew it was over, but I just didn't want my Bruins to get swept, and O'Reilly's goal gave me at least a moment of euphoria. I wasn't about to waste it.

6) Bourqe gives up #7 to Espo. Who knew Phil would end up being such an ungrateful dick when it came to the franchise that made him? Oh, well. At the time his tears seemed genuine.

7) Game 7, 2010 vs. Flyers. There's a moment in the Woody Allen film "Love and Death" in which Diane Keaton has just found out that Allen survived a duel against one of the deadliest shots in Russia. She had agreed to marry Allen the night before in sympathy...just to give him a final wish, certain that she would never have to actually be true to her promise because he would surely be dead the next morning. On hearing the news that the expert dueler failed to kill the man she has no wish to marry, she staggers around in a disbelieving stupor, muttering "He missed...he missed...I can't believe he missed...."
    That was me after game 7.

8) Game 6 vs. Montreal, 2008. The final period of that game was an emotional roller coaster. I'll always have a soft spot in my Bruins heart for Marco Sturm, who almost single handedly scored the game winner. Fantastic moment, despite the following game 7.

9) 1996, Ray Bourque scores game-winning goal in the All-Star game in Boston. Yes, it's a meaningless game. But those of us who suffered through some of the worst Bruins teams ever in the 90's realized this might be the greatest achievement #77 would ever reach. There's was no way to know he'd reach the ultimate goal 5 years later--and sadly, with a different team. I was thrilled for Ray at the time.

10) Neely scores 50th. That, and the extended ovation,was wicked cool.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Since we're talking bad emotions as well as good,  excluding the gloriousness of 2011 playoffs (by far the greatest catharsis I've experienced in sports other than Sox in '04) I'd have to rank them this way it terms of strength of emotion felt, for good or ill: 1) Game 7, 1979 vs. the Habs. It's a vulnerable moment for an 11-year old kid who bleeds black and gold, has hated the Habs from the time he was capable of such an emotion, and truly, honestly believed the Bruins had the game wrapped up when Nifty scored to make it 4-3. To make matters worse, Lafleur's tying goal was scored off my favorite all-time Bruins goalie Gilles Gilbert--who played so valiantly in that series--and seeing his obvious despair in the post-game handshake made me lose it. I literally cried myself to sleep that night and will never forget it. 2) Game 7, 1983, Park blasts OT winner vs. Buffalo : I don't really know why this game was so emotional for me. I think it was b/c the Bruins were supposed to beat the Sabres--they couldn't possibly lose to these guys (or so I thought)--and yet there they were locked in an incredibly tense Game 7 w/chances on both sides that could have ended it. The mad scramble in front of the net, when the puck popped open for Park's blistering slap shot game winner seemed to unfold in slow motion, and I remember sinking to my knees in a wave of relief and joy. Of course all that meant was a listless 5-game ouster at the hands of the Islanders in the next round, but at the time it was pure joy mixed with stress-releasing relief. 3) Tie: 1986/1988 : Finally beating the Habs in a playoff series/Advancing to the Finals in Game 7 vs. the Devils. First part needs no explanation--payback for '79--and Game 7 vs. Devs is to me one of the more underrated moments in B's history, probably b/c all it meant was a 4-game sweep against Gretzky. But at the time, when Craig Janney made that beautiful pick-off and deke around Burke to advance the Bruins to the Finals I was full of hope and enjoy and thoughts of "upset!" Not meant to be, but sweet emotion nonetheless. 4) Game 1, Finals vs. Edmonton, 1990. No matter how many times I see the replay, I still can't believe Wesley missed the net. Is disbelief an emotion? How about disgust? Anger is. Let's go with anger. 5) Game 4, 1983, Bruins vs. Islanders . This is one of those games that matter only on a personal level. I was living on Long Island at the time, suffering the arrogance of Islander fans and their dynastic dominance, and somehow scored a ticket to game 4. Bruins were already down 3 games to none and looking at a sweep when Terry O'Reilly scored in OT to beat the Isles 4-3 and keep the series going for what turned out to be just one more game. When O'Reilly scored I leapt to my feet and started shouting "It's not over! It's not over!!", and I swear to this day my voice at that moment was the only thing you could hear in the Nassau Moseleum. Truth is, I knew it was over, but I just didn't want my Bruins to get swept, and O'Reilly's goal gave me at least a moment of euphoria. I wasn't about to waste it. 6) Bourqe gives up #7 to Espo . Who knew Phil would end up being such an ungrateful dick when it came to the franchise that made him? Oh, well. At the time his tears seemed genuine. 7) Game 7, 2010 vs. Flyers. There's a moment in the Woody Allen film "Love and Death" in which Diane Keaton has just found out that Allen survived a duel against one of the deadliest shots in Russia. She had agreed to marry Allen the night before in sympathy...just to give him a final wish, certain that she would never have to actually be true to her promise because he would surely be dead the next morning. On hearing the news that the expert dueler failed to kill the man she has no wish to marry, she staggers around in a disbelieving stupor, muttering "He missed...he missed...I can't believe he missed...." That was me after game 7. 8) Game 6 vs. Montreal, 2008. The final period of that game was an emotional roller coaster. I'll always have a soft spot in my Bruins heart for Marco Sturm, who almost single handedly scored the game winner. Fantastic moment, despite the following game 7. 9) 1996, Ray Bourque scores game-winning goal in the All-Star game in Boston. Yes, it's a meaningless game. But those of us who suffered through some of the worst Bruins teams ever in the 90's realized this might be the greatest achievement #77 would ever reach. There's was no way to know he'd reach the ultimate goal 5 years later--and sadly, with a different team. I was thrilled for Ray at the time. 10) Neely scores 50th. That, and the extended ovation,was wicked cool.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

very, very good post.The Bourque goal on Potvin in the Fleetcenter was awesome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

One moment that many fans forgot (don't know why) but on Saturday November 25th 1985 (I think), B's are playing Habs at the Forum. B's win the game and at the end of the game, all B's players regroup in a corner on the ice, knocking their sticks on the glass, in direction of Normand Léveillé who attended the game. One of his first public appearance after his accident

Thx for typing it for me ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Since we're talking bad emotions as well as good,  excluding the gloriousness of 2011 playoffs (by far the greatest catharsis I've experienced in sports other than Sox in '04) I'd have to rank them this way it terms of strength of emotion felt, for good or ill: 1) Game 7, 1979 vs. the Habs. It's a vulnerable moment for an 11-year old kid who bleeds black and gold, has hated the Habs from the time he was capable of such an emotion, and truly, honestly believed the Bruins had the game wrapped up when Nifty scored to make it 4-3. To make matters worse, Lafleur's tying goal was scored off my favorite all-time Bruins goalie Gilles Gilbert--who played so valiantly in that series--and seeing his obvious despair in the post-game handshake made me lose it. I literally cried myself to sleep that night and will never forget it. 2) Game 7, 1983, Park blasts OT winner vs. Buffalo : I don't really know why this game was so emotional for me. I think it was b/c the Bruins were supposed to beat the Sabres--they couldn't possibly lose to these guys (or so I thought)--and yet there they were locked in an incredibly tense Game 7 w/chances on both sides that could have ended it. The mad scramble in front of the net, when the puck popped open for Park's blistering slap shot game winner seemed to unfold in slow motion, and I remember sinking to my knees in a wave of relief and joy. Of course all that meant was a listless 5-game ouster at the hands of the Islanders in the next round, but at the time it was pure joy mixed with stress-releasing relief. 3) Tie: 1986/1988 : Finally beating the Habs in a playoff series/Advancing to the Finals in Game 7 vs. the Devils. First part needs no explanation--payback for '79--and Game 7 vs. Devs is to me one of the more underrated moments in B's history, probably b/c all it meant was a 4-game sweep against Gretzky. But at the time, when Craig Janney made that beautiful pick-off and deke around Burke to advance the Bruins to the Finals I was full of hope and enjoy and thoughts of "upset!" Not meant to be, but sweet emotion nonetheless. 4) Game 1, Finals vs. Edmonton, 1990. No matter how many times I see the replay, I still can't believe Wesley missed the net. Is disbelief an emotion? How about disgust? Anger is. Let's go with anger. 5) Game 4, 1983, Bruins vs. Islanders . This is one of those games that matter only on a personal level. I was living on Long Island at the time, suffering the arrogance of Islander fans and their dynastic dominance, and somehow scored a ticket to game 4. Bruins were already down 3 games to none and looking at a sweep when Terry O'Reilly scored in OT to beat the Isles 4-3 and keep the series going for what turned out to be just one more game. When O'Reilly scored I leapt to my feet and started shouting "It's not over! It's not over!!", and I swear to this day my voice at that moment was the only thing you could hear in the Nassau Moseleum. Truth is, I knew it was over, but I just didn't want my Bruins to get swept, and O'Reilly's goal gave me at least a moment of euphoria. I wasn't about to waste it. 6) Bourqe gives up #7 to Espo . Who knew Phil would end up being such an ungrateful dick when it came to the franchise that made him? Oh, well. At the time his tears seemed genuine. 7) Game 7, 2010 vs. Flyers. There's a moment in the Woody Allen film "Love and Death" in which Diane Keaton has just found out that Allen survived a duel against one of the deadliest shots in Russia. She had agreed to marry Allen the night before in sympathy...just to give him a final wish, certain that she would never have to actually be true to her promise because he would surely be dead the next morning. On hearing the news that the expert dueler failed to kill the man she has no wish to marry, she staggers around in a disbelieving stupor, muttering "He missed...he missed...I can't believe he missed...." That was me after game 7. 8) Game 6 vs. Montreal, 2008. The final period of that game was an emotional roller coaster. I'll always have a soft spot in my Bruins heart for Marco Sturm, who almost single handedly scored the game winner. Fantastic moment, despite the following game 7. 9) 1996, Ray Bourque scores game-winning goal in the All-Star game in Boston. Yes, it's a meaningless game. But those of us who suffered through some of the worst Bruins teams ever in the 90's realized this might be the greatest achievement #77 would ever reach. There's was no way to know he'd reach the ultimate goal 5 years later--and sadly, with a different team. I was thrilled for Ray at the time. 10) Neely scores 50th. That, and the extended ovation,was wicked cool.

'79 loss to the Habs I was 12 going on 13.  I think many of us had that exact feeling going to bed.
    I dreaded going back to school as I shot off my mouth to all the Hab fans and bet my whole collection of O-pee-Chee hockey cards that the Bruins would win.
    The next day after the loss I had no school but let me tell you when I did go back to school nobody forgot. 
    You wonder why I hated the Habs so much !

'87-88 was a great playoff . Too bad Janney could not shake off Essa Tikannen and the Garden had better generators.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I remember watcing that game on my small 20" TV in my room. My wife was pregnant with our 1st. When Glen missed that shot I freaked out so bad that I almost put my wife into labour! She was in a dead sleep when I grabbed her screaming. "He missed the whole freakin NET!"
    Try- If there EVER was a trade that came back to haunt a team. I think that has to be up there! Billy Ranford was just ridiculious in that series! Especially in the 1st period of game 1! Holding Neely to just 4 assist in 5 games was a feat by itself! I can remember Bourque; Hawgood- a record that still stands. The 1st time the first 4 goals by a team in the final to be scored by a defensemen. Bourque had the first 3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Neelys failed comeback....Levielles tragic end to a promising career...and the trading of Orr and Bourque were all big emotional moments....but the end of the old Boston Gahden with all its character and history was a bitter pill to swallow...it was always a dream of mine to see the Bruins play there live but never materialized...gone but not forgotten!...been great to witness the last 3 cup wins and looking forward to more thanks to

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Sorry for the font size....hit the wrong button !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Negative Emotion- Philly Game 7 2010  Police were phoned wont get into details!

Positive- Easy STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2011  Danced and Cryed for 2 days!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans : I remember watcing that game on my small 20" TV in my room. My wife was pregnant with our 1st. When Glen missed that shot I freaked out so bad that I almost put my wife into labour! She was in a dead sleep when I grabbed her screaming. "He missed the whole freakin NET!" Try- If there EVER was a trade that came back to haunt a team. I think that has to be up there! Billy Ranford was just ridiculious in that series! Especially in the 1st period of game 1! Holding Neely to just 4 assist in 5 games was a feat by itself! I can remember Bourque; Hawgood- a record that still stands. The 1st time the first 4 goals by a team in the final to be scored by a defensemen. Bourque had the first 3.

..and just when I thought I had buried my anger about Wesley he goes and wins a Cup with Carolina. That really ticked me off all over again.

Great story on the near-labour-inducing tirade...glad all were ultimately safe and sound!
    And yeah, in typical (old) Bruins fashion they finally get Ranford back when he's past his prime. He was Dryden Redux in that 1990 Final.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans : ..and just when I thought I had buried my anger about Wesley he goes and wins a Cup with Carolina. That really ticked me off all over again. Great story on the near-labour-inducing tirade...glad all were ultimately safe and sound! And yeah, in typical (old) Bruins fashion they finally get Ranford backwhen he's past his prime. He was Dryden Redux in that 1990 Final.

Didn't work the same way with Moog in the '88 final .  Moog was horrible in those games against the Oilers.  So many bad goals unlike Ranford playing for the Oilers.

If you recall game7 OT against Montreal when Sidenberg almost scored in his own net ... I keep saying back in the days if that was Wesley it would have gone in .  Just plain bad luck that guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans : ..and just when I thought I had buried my anger about Wesley he goes and wins a Cup with Carolina. That really ticked me off all over again. Great story on the near-labour-inducing tirade...glad all were ultimately safe and sound! And yeah, in typical (old) Bruins fashion they finally get Ranford back when he's past his prime. He was Dryden Redux in that 1990 Final.

Oh no; he wasn't quiet past his prime! Remember in the 99 play-offs for Detroit he came in for an injured Osgood & stands on his hand AGAIN!!

And not to rub more salt; but are the Bruins the only team in the history of the NHL , that has had 3 former goalies that they traded where they not only beat them in the play-offs; but also won the Conn Smythe in the process? Has to be a record!!
    Oh & for you younger peeps. The 3 are- Ken Dryden; Bernie Parent & Bill Ranford. In that order!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans : Oh no; he wasn't quiet past his prime! Remember in the 99 play-offs for Detroit he came in for an injured Osgood & stands on his hand AGAIN!! And not to rub more salt; but are the Bruins the only team in the history of the NHL , that has had 3 former goalies that they traded where they not only beat them in the play-offs; but also won the Conn Smythe in the process? Has to be a record!! Oh & for you younger peeps. The 3 are- Ken Dryden; Bernie Parent & Bill Ranford. In that order!

Why don't you put a little lemon juice in that cut as well? ;-)
    It still amazes me that Parent was originally in the Bruins system...if not for him (and probably more to the point) Orr's knees, the B's would have pummeled those stupid Flyers in '74.

BTW, excellent point on the '99 Ranford--I had totally forgotten about that.

Know what though? After this year--WHO CARES??? It's....all....good....now! :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxdriver. Show maxdriver's posts

JUNE 15,2011 any more questions

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans : Why don't you put a little lemon juice in that cut as well? ;-) It still amazes me that Parent was originally in the Bruins system...if not for him (and probably more to the point) Orr's knees, the B's would have pummeled those stupid Flyers in '74. BTW, excellent point on the '99 Ranford--I had totally forgotten about that. Know what though? After this year--WHO CARES??? It's....all....good....now! :-)

I know; it's sooooooo freakin nice to be able to talk about these things where they don't affect you so much isn't it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

In 93-94 when they beat the Canadiens.  I was a freshman in college was watching the final game by myself in my dorm room.  By the end of the game, the Res. assistants came knocking cause they thought I was having a party.  I hid my beers and let them in, and they were just mortified I could be that obnoxious and loud all by myself.   And to think, back then, I was just happy with beating the Habs in the playoffs.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, cool question.  If I start, it'll never end.  I could write a book of 1,000 chapters.   I'd go chronologically starting from the early 70s when my memories of the Bs began.   But, as far as truly emotional, the Cup this year tops my list, cause I lost my dad a few years back, and we waited a long time for this moment and wished we could share it together.   But, also because this bunch was a real blue-collar "why not us?" underdog-type of group that earned through sheer will and fought tooth and nail.  Remember, 1970 against the Blues who weren't the biggest foe.  1972 was a great squad, too, but 2011 fought through 7 against the Habs, 7 against TB, and 7 against Van - that's eternal for me.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Nice post Ipot. Sorry you couldn't share it with your Dad; but it still feels so good doesn't it? Not just that they won it; but how they won it makes it really special. Beating Montreal & Philly along the way & then shutting up the team with the biggest mouths was the cherry on top!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

Ray Bourque's last game as a Bruin.

Nobody knew for sure.  Everything was unconfirmed rumor - and then he scooped up the puck at the end of a meaningless, terrible game, gave the croud a little wave and nod - and the Bourque era was over.

Sections
Shortcuts