Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans

#1 - Normand Léveillé, when he skated on the ice during the last hurrah
    (1995). Classy act by M. classy himself (#77)

No doubt this moment takes the cake for me, I remember sitting in a bar and watching with tears in my eyes, the bartender asked if I was OK and I told her she would never understand. I still get choked up when this footage comes up on the History Of The Bruins DVD.

#2 - Being in the building in Colorado to see my all time favorite athlete and former Boston Bruin Ray Bourque hoist the Cup, one of the greatest nights of my life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bourque giving up #7 and pulling off his sweater to reveal #77 was awesome, no way thats kept a secret these days.

Neely scoring 50th goal before his 50th game and Neely's goal in his first game back from the injury..Think it was against Winnipeg (Bob Essensa)..All I got for now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

#1 Game 6, 2008, 1st Rd against Canadiens
    Best sporting event ive ever been to, so many emotional swings, so much hatred, and to beat them and force a game 7, just awesome

#2 Game 7, 2011, ECF against TB
    Just shocked, was speachless, felt like a dream

#3 Game 7, 2010 and 2009 against PHI and CAR
    Doesnt need an explination

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans:
    For sure the Cup we won 7 weeks ago might be on top of the list but let's exclude the 2011 playoffs run. I'm thinking about: The heartbreaker elimination vs Habs during game 7 in May 1979 The 1st time in 45 years B's eliminated the Habs (1988, I think) One moment that many fans forgot (don't know why) but on Saturday November 25th 1985 (I think), B's are playing Habs at the Forum. B's win the game and at the end of the game, all B's players regroup in a corner on the ice, knocking their sticks on the glass, in direction of Normand Léveillé who attended the game. One of his first public appearance after his accident Still about Normand Léveillé, when he skated on the ice during the last hurrah (1995). Classy act by M. classy himself (#77) What's yours...
    Posted by Bruinsforever

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the title of the thread.  Great thoughts and memories too!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Its a stretch as a bruins moment, but I'd have to go with Ray hosting the cup with colorado..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

going a different direction than everyone else. the game vs philly when Bergeron got hit by Randy Jones

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

2011 playoffs will go down as the greatest moment "s" in my lifetime.

1986 series win verse the Habs

Neelys 50th goal on one leg

2008 the "building is shaking" game verse the Habs

Brad Parks ot goal verse Buffalo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

* Savard's OT winner May 1st, 2010 against Philly in his first game back was pretty special, even though it was only Game 1 and we all know how it turned out.

* I still get chills watching Sturm's Game 6 goals vs the Habs in '08. The way that goal unfolded was unreal. Crowd was already LOUD, Sturm crunches Hamrlik twice, leaps over some dude and then holds the puck and waits for Price to go down. I remember leaping off the couch about 5 seconds before the goal was actually scored because everyone could see it coming. Pure joy. To this day, folks at that game say it was the loudest the new Garden has ever been. I believe it.

* #7 going to #77 of course is a favorite. My parents were there. Usually my mom would get dad a pair of tickets for Christmas or something and he'd take me, and that game was one of the few times she wanted to go. Bummer. Oh well.

* Game 7 Philly. Enough said. It ruined my summah.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I'd add when Lucic beat the bag outta Komisarik

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Excluding the Cup run this year, I would have to say-

-Ray Bourque taking the no. 7 off his back & presenting it to Espo

-Marco Sturm's game winner in game 6 1st round vs Habs in 2008. ( even though they lost in game 7, I think that game helped turn the Bruins fortunes around & eventually led them to the cup.)

-Norm Leveille skating around the old Boston Garden with the aid of Ray Bourque during the closing ceremony of the final game at the Garden.

- The collapse against Flyers.

- Game 1 of the 1990 Stanley Cup Finals. Peter Klima scores in triple overtime to give the Oilers the win shortly after Glen Wesley misses a wide open net that would have won it for the Bruins. The Oilers really never looked back from there. To this day, I still think if Wesley scores that goal, it is a completely different series & the Bruins win the cup. Had to be one of the most demoralizing losses in club history ranking right up there with the 1979 infamous too many men on the ice in game 7 against the Habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from janesie22. Show janesie22's posts

Cam Neely's news conference when it was all done.
     Gilles Gilbert in 1979.
     And Z knocking off his hat hoisting the big mug.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Excluding the 2011 run for me it would have to be Peter klima scoring in the 4th overtime of game 1 of the stanley cup after sitting on the bench for the whole overtime. that game was the series.........Leveille......Brad parks 7th game overtime goal against Buffalo.........Bourqe Espo night.........Dave poulin shutting down Mario and then going down with injury after game 2 and leading the pens in the series 2-0 only to watch Mario and pens come back take the series and win the cup..........Ending the habs playoff streak in 86.........Middletons 50th goal........Neely 50th............and so on and so on..........to many to list but these emotional moments are what popped up first for me......... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1975 and 1976.  Esposito goes to the Rangers.  Then Orr news gets worse and worse as the knee doesn't improve (thought I don't recall paying any attention to the contract negotiation).  Then he's a Blackhawk in name.  All just gut-wrenching at the time.

But then Canada Cup 1976, and you could tell just watching him that it was the last time you were seeing something really unique, really incredible.  It was sort of Orr Unplugged, which, in a way, made you appreciate how incredibly well constructed his whole game was.  It wasn't the rush that I got from a few of the games this playoff run - notably the Seguin game against Tampa, which was the exact opposite end of the spectrum: a coming out party.  Way more complicated than that - kinda bittersweet in that I had the obvious investment in Orr, and was hugely proud to see him play at that level in a best on best tournament, but bitter knowing he wasn't a Bruin any more and sad knowing the era was over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Neely announcing his retirement

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans:
    Its a stretch as a bruins moment, but I'd have to go with Ray hosting the cup with colorado..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

It did bring a tear to my eye also. Especially since the year before I was rooting for him and the Avs got eliminated.

My obvious choice would be the Stanley Cup but 1988 eliminating the Habs was the top of my list.  I had to deal with Hab fans all my life till then rubbing it in from the 70s till Steve Penney.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Ken Linseman scores the hat trick against the Habs to force game 5 of '84-'85 playoffs, coming from behind to win 7-6. I swear I thought the Garden was coming down (and was totally cool with dying right then and there if it did). Never been to a more exciting sporting event (and I've been to a bunch). We hugged and high-fived anyone within 3 rows and 5 seats across. I could not talk for a week.

...on the flip side of that emotional high was the sheer dismay when Penney outdueled Keans 1-0 at the Forum in game 5 two days later. I was crushed (on par with Philly last year). You have to remember they still hadn't beat the Habs in a million years to that point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

the "game" against montreal this past year with all the fights, thomas v price etc. then the 2 games with all the fighting vs the stars. those games are always fun to watch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yvon lambert...that left a mark.

Matt Cooke incident - never more disappointed as a lifelong B's fan

Recchi and Lucic  - fingers in the mouth.

NEVER forget what Tim Thomas did, absolutely historic and epic

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ken Linseman scores the hat trick against the Habs to force game 5 of '84-'85 playoffs, coming from behind to win 7-6. I swear I thought the Garden was coming down (and was totally cool with dying right then and there if it did). Never been to a more exciting sporting event (and I've been to a bunch). We hugged and high-fived anyone within 3 rows and 5 seats across. I could not talk for a week. ...on the flip side of that emotional high was the sheer dismay when Penney outdueled Keans 1-0 at the Forum in game 5 two days later. I was crushed (on par with Philly last year). You have to remember they still hadn't beat the Habs in a million years to that point.
    Posted by seobrien

To add a little more to that heartbreaker Seo. The B's kept Mats Naslund almost MIA for that series! My mom wasn't a big hockey fan; but she knew how much I loved the B's. I'll never forget this. She came out of the laundry room & walked into the TV room. My Dad & I were watching the game. My mom asks "Who's winning?" "It's 0-0 mom." My mom pauses for a couple of seconds & says. "I think the team in the white is gonna score!" Not being a mouthy kid & always had respect for my parents. (I know; I know...What happened to me in that regard! haha) I screamed at her "NO YOU SHUT UP!" After a couple of seconds of wide opened mouth stare from both my parents. Naslund gets the puck in the faceoff circle & puts it thru Keans legs with 51 seconds left! I started crying & my mom & dad felt bad for me; so I got a pass on the "Shut up!" My Dad said there was no way a beating; or a grounding was going to hurt as bad as what I was going thru right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Bourque giving up #7 and pulling off his sweater to reveal #77 was awesome, no way thats kept a secret these days. Neely scoring 50th goal before his 50th game and Neely's goal in his first game back from the injury..Think it was against Winnipeg (Bob Essensa)..All I got for now.
    Posted by kelvana33

Kel? I remember one of Neely's come back games & the Standing O' he got was almost as crazy as the one Orr got in his Jersey retirement. I thought it was against the Northstars for some reason & he scored on his 2nd shift. Maybe that was during the 93-94 season I'm thinking of & that would've been against Dallas.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6BfmHqXmyg&feature=related

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from degolds. Show degolds's posts

In Response to Your most emotional moment as Bruins fans:
    For sure the Cup we won 7 weeks ago might be on top of the list but let's exclude the 2011 playoffs run. I'm thinking about: The heartbreaker elimination vs Habs during game 7 in May 1979 The 1st time in 45 years B's eliminated the Habs (1988, I think) One moment that many fans forgot (don't know why) but on Saturday November 25th 1985 (I think), B's are playing Habs at the Forum. B's win the game and at the end of the game, all B's players regroup in a corner on the ice, knocking their sticks on the glass, in direction of Normand Léveillé who attended the game. One of his first public appearance after his accident Still about Normand Léveillé, when he skated on the ice during the last hurrah (1995). Classy act by M. classy himself (#77) What's yours...
    Posted by Bruinsforever

I have had many emotional moments with the Bruins, 1970/72 cups, the Orr winner, Bourque giving up #7 , The Esposito trade, Orr to the Hawks that hurt. But this year winning the Stanley Cup i was happy i was crying it was so great. I am 66 and in todays leaque i don't know if i will see it again, But i am greatful for being able to enjoy the Bruins up until now GO BRUINS GO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Great Story, Nite!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Watching Brad Marchand score the empty netter in Game 7 vs Vancouver - yeah, I needed a 4-0 lead - but after he got that one I was like ... "I can't believe it, they did it!"

On the other end, watching Nathan Horton get cheap-shotted by a bum defenceman like Aaron Rome in Game 3 vs Vcr got me so pumped.  I was yelling at the screen.  Yup.  Yelling like a little boy.  My wife thought I was nuts.  But here we are two months later thinking, "If it wasn't for that cheap shot, the Bruins may not have won the Cup".  Think about it.  It's true.

Sections
Shortcuts