Your most personal, comical moment at a Bruins game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Your most personal, comical moment at a Bruins game

In response to red75's comment:

WTF?  Orr was never traded, he left as a free agent. Plus Jacobs offered Orr 18.6 per cent of ownership in the Bruins if he would stay, but Eagleson lied to Orr about that. 18.6 per cent! Yeah, that sure sounds cheap to me.

Dealing Orr?What the hell are you talking about?

Colton?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

The definition of a coward here is NAS being bludgeoned and needing to scour for a word spelled wrong or used wrong in the context of the discussion, and then him focusing on that in order to deflect from Jacobs being notoriously cheap to the point no FAs ever wanted to sign here for 30 years.

I don't make a big deal about spelling errors.  It's when facts are on one side and a post is on the other that it's important to point out.

You know, like when the B's traded Bobby Orr, or when they didn't offer him a percentage of the team to stick around?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

See, this is what I mean.  That's what trolls do. I already said to you like literally 5 times that I mispoke and was thinking of the Hawks/Bs '67 trade in my head when I was typing. I am well aware of the fact Orr was not involved in a trade.

Yes, you were thinking of that trade.  The one where the B's got nothing in return.  They sent such great players as Pit Martin, Gilles Marcotte and Jack Norris and all they got in return was bums.  That's probably one of the worst trades in Bruins history.  I really wish Fred Stanfield, Ken Hodge and that useless Esposito guy panned out.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Umm, what?

Yes, the B's traded with Hawks in the late 1960s. '67 I believe it was.  I have an Orr jersey, dude.  You can try to spin the idea that I am not a B's fan, don't know anything, etc, but no one is buying it unless they're an insecure moron like you.

Tell us again how you got a "handy" int he the cramped balcony of a sold out (or nearly sold out Garden every single night in a 13,968 seat building) next to a bunch of drunks or fathers and their sons sitting right there. That was a beaute, dude.

We're all still laughing at that little lie.

Hey, guess what?!  I got a hummer in the loge section in 1993! It was amazing!  That was around the time they started Papa Gino's delivery to your seatas after taking your order from your seat.  So, I could get a slice of pizza and then get a hummer from Gord Roberts's wife at the same time!  Cool, huh?!

lmao

The Boston Garden held 14,448 for hockey.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh goodie!  You sure showed me by going to Wikipedia! Yay, NAS! Yay!

Common knowledge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phfspec. Show phfspec's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to phfspec's comment:

Way back in the day went to a Rangers-B's game as a kid. Looie Fontinato was the Ranger's villain and he spent a lot of time in the box this game. A fan was heckling him every time. On about the third trip he went back into the stands after the guy-I'm pretty sure this was the incentive for walling the players off subsequently to prevent future occurrences. The guy scrambles back in front of us, Looie in pursuit and pretty soon other Rangers are jumping the boards there is a huge scrum in front of us  and Boston's finest appear. All gets calmed down and some guy complains to the cops that his wife was injured in the melee of flying bodies. "You shouldn't take your wife to a place like this." the cop replies.

That's an interesting story.  I have never heard of Rangers going into the stands in Boston.

Lou Fontinato Incites Crowd

Boston, March 15 —New York's Andy Bathgate scored his 30th goal, Lou Fontinato was involved in a minor riot and goalie Gump Worsley fashioned an acrobatic shutout Saturday as the Rangers defeated Boston, 4-0. Before the scoring began, however. a national television audience and 10,809 Boston Garden customers witnessed a brawl which broke out in the first period. Defenseman Fontinato, in the penalty box for a slashing infraction, was taking a vocal riding from nearby fans when one began swinging and quickly several others joined him in a rush which shoved Fontinato against the playing boards. The New York bench rushed across the ice and several players hurled themselves into the stands and the Boston bench joined in to help push back the surging crowd. The police arrived at the same moment. The game resumed after a seven minute delay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was a kid...probably 9 and my dad took me to see a game against the Nordiques on Thanksgiving. We sat right along the ice and Terry O'Rielly beat the living daylights out of some guy - Terry opened up the guy's face right in front of me. After the game my dad got me in the locker room and I was scared crapless of O'Reilly. I think Cheevers was a backup at the time and he was just sitting there chain smoking his brains out.

Sections
Shortcuts