Your top 5 players that you grew up loving

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sask-Bruins-fan. Show Sask-Bruins-fan's posts

Re: Your top 5 players that you grew up loving

In Response to Re: Your top 5 players that you grew up loving:
    Middleton Bourque McNab Neely Gretzky
    Posted by BBReigns

Cheevers
    Orr
    Esposito
    Middleton
    Neely

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

lol im the only stevens fan huh? He was a monster!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Growin up I only liked bruins players. There are players on other teams who i ejoy watching however but not so much when I was a kid. Instead of enjoying Mario and Wayne I hated them because they helped beat the bruins in different series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Your top 5 players that you grew up loving : Growin up I only liked bruins players. There are players on other teams who i ejoy watching however but not so much when I was a kid. Instead of enjoying Mario and Wayne I hated them because they helped beat the bruins in different series.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Was born in NJ but moved to Boston at a really young age. Still got the devils games on the TV I was almost an equal fan of Devils/Bruins because I saw alot of Devils games.

As I grew older we didnt get the devils games anymore and I only watched the B's but man Stevens was my idol. I was like the only kid in Squirt-A getting tossed from games for standing kids up at the blue line haha. Had to get switched into a fullcontact selects league because of me destroying mama's little boys in teh non-contact squirt league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In order
    Dale Hawerchuk
    Ray Bourque
    Cam Neely
    Angela James
    Cammi Granato

I grew up in Winnipeg so I got to watch Ducky all the time - he was magical with a puck and sorely underrated. Ray and Cam are obvious choices, and Angela and Cammi, well though I'd been playing already for a few years before I started watching them(the 1990 world championships) they really blew my mind when I saw just what they could do in the game. I got into two different fights because I liked Granato so much (used to have a Team USA jersey with her name on it)- at the time loving a player from the American squad did not go over well with my friends.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

The older fans are probably more inclined to sway towards the hometown team as the exposure to other teams and players was limited compared to today's media access.  I remember as a kid only getting to watch one game a week if I was lucky.  You'd wait up in your B's footy pajamas only to find that damn channel 38 had on Dana Hersey and "the movie loft" in lieu of the B's game....

Playmaker: Oates
    Power Forward: Neely/Messier
    Sniper: Bossy
    D: Bourque/Robinson
    Goal:Hextall/Hasek/Smith
    Entertainment factor: Denis Savard/Gretzky/Nifty
    B's Enforcers: Jay Miller/LB/SHOE!!!!!/PJ/O'Reilly

Is that more than 5????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Orr - Why I'm a Bruins fan.
    Neely - THE Power forward.
    Forsberg - Never stops, never gives up.
    Sanderson - The Turk.
    Mario - A Jerk, but too skilled to ignore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I haven't grown up... 1. Middleton 2. Oates 3. Lemieux 4. Housley 5. Richter
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Not hard to tell you're an American.......not that there's anything wrong with that......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

1. Patrick Roy
    2. Ed Belfour (don't ask... !)
    3. Gretzky
    4. Lemieux
    5. Messier

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Call...it is nice to be able to say that I was actually alive for 2 Bruins Stanley Cup's but like you and a lot of others on this forum I'm desperate to see them win it sooner than later...it has always been my dream to go to attend a Bruins Stanley Cup Parade in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Gerry Cheevers
    Bobby Orr
    Raymond Bourque
    Jean Ratelle
    Cam Neely

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Ray Bourque
    Cam Neely
    Terry O'Reilly
    Gerry Cheevers
    Bobby Orr

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Call...it is nice to be able to say that I was actually alive for 2 Bruins Stanley Cup's but like you and a lot of others on this forum I'm desperate to see them win it sooner than later...it has always been my dream to go to attend a Bruins Stanley Cup Parade in Boston.
    Posted by MrVmax

Oh if I can ever attend a Stanley parade in Boston I can die happy. Went to both Sox parades. Bruins are by far my favorite team though. I might go missing if that ever happens. The beer will be flowing like wine until I die from "happiness" consumption.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The older fans are probably more inclined to sway towards the hometown team as the exposure to other teams and players was limited compared to today's media access.  I remember as a kid only getting to watch one game a week if I was lucky.  You'd wait up in your B's footy pajamas only to find that damn channel 38 had on Dana Hersey and "the movie loft" in lieu of the B's game.... Playmaker: Oates Power Forward: Neely/Messier Sniper: Bossy D: Bourque/Robinson Goal:Hextall/Hasek/Smith Entertainment factor: Denis Savard/Gretzky/Nifty B's Enforcers: Jay Miller/LB/SHOE!!!!!/PJ/O'Reilly Is that more than 5????
    Posted by sebagoking

Dana Hersey.  Just classic.  Is it me or did he always seem like he just took like 3 bong hits, after getting it on with some hot model, when he came down the stairs from the "movie loft"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK83lRu9s-I&feature=related

Also, is it me or did Tom Larson look like a child molestor?

Tears!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

Joe Thornton
    Joe Sakic
    Jarome Iginla although Looch will soon take this
    Ray Bourque
    and Lord Byron Dafoe!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

ORR
    Espo
    Hodge
    Gilbert
    Marcotte

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

1. Rick Martin
    2. Bobby Orr
    3. Cam Neely
    4. Guy Lafleur (sorry, he was just great!)
    5. Charlie Simmer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

honorable mention.... Derek Sanderson....  Terry O'Reilly....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Bobby Orr
    Phil Esposito
    Terry O'Rielly
    Stan Jonathan
    Chief & Cam Neely tie

Cheevers!!! Honorable Mention After, looking at everyone else's list I feel like there are so many, 10 would be better.
    How can you leave out Cashman, Bourque, Schmautz, Teddy Greene, Normand Leveile will always have a place in my heart. Plus, that Gretzky character was alright and Yvon Courneyier (coudld never spell it), Guy LaFleur...sorry guys, I know they were Canadiens, but props for talent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Bruins
    1: Cam Neely
    2: Ray Bourque
    3: Adam Oates
    4: Craig Janney
    5: Andy Moog

Non-Bruins
    1: Steve Yzerman
    2: Wendel Clark
    3: Joe Sakic
    4: Pavel Bure
    5: Bob Proebert

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

1. Rick Martin 2. Bobby Orr 3. Cam Neely 4. Guy Lafleur (sorry, he was just great!) 5. Charlie Simmer
    Posted by newfiewhaler

I just met Charlie Simmer's very hot daughter in Seattle 2 weeks ago.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

BRUINS
    Terry O"rielly
    Ray Bourque
    Bobby Orr
    Cam Neely
    Al Secord

NON BRUINS
    Mark Messier
    Lanny Mac Donald
    Stevie Y
    Joe Sackic
    Tony Espisoto

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

Neely
    Stevens
    Messier
    Forsberg
    Oates

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

BBReigns, Simmer was a great player to watch - a big loaf who just put the puck in the net. I remember him having back-to-back 56 goal seasons in LA but didn't realize/remember that he had such success in Boston - 2 30 goal seasons. I haven't had the good fortune of meeting his daughter but I hope that it was nice.

Rick Martin was great. I was born in 1965 so by 75, when the french connection were at their best, Martin was a God. And this is just not a tribute to a guy who died two weeks ago. He was a true goal scorer - probably the best in the mid-70's. RIP Rick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

1. Bobby Orr
    2. Bobby Hull...the Golden Jet
    3. Cam Neely
    4. Dale Hawerchuk
    5. Ray Bourque

Bruins fan growing up in Winnipeg= split personality

Sections
Shortcuts