Your wishes may be granted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Your wishes may be granted

With Horton out indefinately and the possibilty of not returning, even if he does, hes at a high rist to be concussed again and a decision needs to be made before the trade deadline. Peverly, if true out 4 to 6 weeks, again a risk , is he gonna be playing with a nagging injury that requires offseason surgery ? These are questions being pondered by the Bs brass i am sure. The Bs are in a state of the future is now, saying that PC definately needs to make a couple of deals, its no secret that the there is no one in the system to replace these 2 guys. Looking at the value lost, and I mean theres nothing to be said on Horton and Peverlys value to this team, theres 2 ways to fix it. Temporarily with lets say whitney can replace peverly for a quick fix and to replace Horton with a quick fix gaustad. Tehn ofc we all know there looking for a D man also. If they go with that its a cheaper way to try and keep the ship afloat. Again saying that the future is now, imo anyways. Will they want a long term fix ? A nash deal and maybe a hemsky deal ? Forget trading away draft picks as a no no because the 2012 draft is weak after the 1st 10 picks. We all know what teams need a 1st string goalie and they all want rask, The biggest problem with this is 3 seperate deals for 3 seperate teams is going to cost the Bs alot. Altho i wanna see nash etc added, I really think we see a quick fix that costs alot less and PC is smart enuf to know what this team needs to make a good run at the cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Your wishes may be granted

Wally, trading away roster players from the already depleted line-up will alter the dynamics of this team.

I say: let's get Knuble and Gill for late round picks; let Horton and Peverley rest and heal and have them nice and fresh for the playoffs.

Knuble and Gill will be excellent additions without subtraction.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I agree that there great fixes also and cheap. It mind bogling thinking of the scenerios lol that can happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I dont think Gill is a suitable replacement for Corvo. I don't get why you guys seem to think he is a good player? Do you not remember how the Bruins got their first goal the other night? Oh right Gill fumbled the puck and then shoved it right to Ferrence to tee-up. I again say, no thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

stand still gill is really everyones best choice right now? and mcphee just came out yesterday saying that knuble is going nowhere.. so it puts the b's in a tough spot.. im really torn. im excited about our prospects and would rather hold onto them rather than rolling the dice on some guys that are going to be in boston for 2 months and playoffs, but at the same time i dont think caron and hennessy are legit options.. i say pull up camper for a week and see if he can hang. he atleast has some playmaking abilities.. and four solid years in college . .a lot more college players are showing that they are nhl ready now adays.. maybe by giving camper some more talented skaters he could put up some surprising numbers?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

Forget Gill anyway,  Even IF the Bruins wanted him there is no way on Earth the Bruins and Canadiens make a trade with each other. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Not so long ago, we were all referring to Gill as the Big Pylon - has anything really changed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

for what its worth, MCL never requires surgery

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I like Gill because of the role he can play as a stay-at-home. It's not about straight-up who we think is better: him or Corvo. It's about balance to the three pairings.

We know what worked last year come playoffs....Chara and Seids out there every time the other teams' #1 line was out, followed by the surprising pair of Ference/Boychuck and limited minutes by McQuaid/Kaberle. Looking ahead, the Bs can either pretty much send out the same groups with Corvo instead of Kaberle...but wouldn't this look even better?

Chara-Gill
    Seids-Boychuck
    Ference-McQuaid

I think it still provides a shut down pairing, but then strengthens the other 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Don't think the S.S. Gill is the answer for the back 6 problems. The team needs a Dman who can pass the puck out of his own end of the ice (doesn't need to be a PMD). No one now is all that great at it, and you can see the B's in trouble with aggressive forecheckers who prevent the D-to-D pass.  Maybe Oduya if he's available?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Your wishes may be granted:
    for what its worth, MCL never requires surgery
    Posted by bostonfan191646

http://mclsurgery.com/

Perhaps you should've said "usually".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I dont think Gill is a suitable replacement for Corvo. I don't get why you guys seem to think he is a good player? Do you not remember how the Bruins got their first goal the other night? Oh right Gill fumbled the puck and then shoved it right to Ferrence to tee-up. I again say, no thanks.
    Posted by lambda13

I seen that, did you see the giveaway chara made ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Your wishes may be granted : I seen that, did you see the giveaway chara made ?
    Posted by wallydouglas

I saw that as well. But how many giveaways can you remember Chara making all season? He's a perennial all-star, that says its uncharacteristic. Gill is not an all-star. He is big but slow and can't handle the puck. He made 2 agregious errors on that play. Chara whiffed on a pass. Which is worse in your book?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

For a 2nd/3rd round pick, the Bruins could acquire someone like Mike Knuble (Wsh) or Lee Stempniak (Cal)

For a 1st round pick, they can "maybe" get someone like Teemu Selanne (Ana) or Ray Whitney (Phx) -- + prospect for Whitney I think

What is the best scenario?

Sections
Shortcuts