You're kidding me, Ference?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

You're kidding me, Ference?

I must say this article almost brought me to tears.  If you have kids of your own you know what I'm talking about here.  With everything that's going on in Ference's life, he decides he has to make one last stop before leaving town.  What a quality human being.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: You're kidding me, Ference?

his departure will hurt the bruins more than most think

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Darned, must be a bunch of dust in here...it's affecting my eyes.

Class Act to the Nth degree

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Ference lore is quietly growing.  One of the best guys we've had here in a long time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Oil just got one quality leader.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Great gesture by a great human being. Ferknucle will be missed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yup, brought a tear.   I will miss old AF.   Quality human being.  Can you imagine the standing O he gets when he comes to Boston.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Even when he struggled, I liked the emotion Ference brought to the game. Glad he could be here for at least one Cup win! Thank you AF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

What an awesome gesture by Ference.  I'd imagine that's the kind of leadership intangible the Oilers knew they were acquiring in him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

That's what a class player does before leaving town. We're all really gonna miss this guy for so many reasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I already miss him now. The oilers picked up a quality person.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Remember when he was persona non grata around here?

Always injured, "bad" contract, NHLPA dust-up & Paille hit criticism?

What a reclamation.  I wish him the best, really good guy, just another example on this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Great link, thank you for passing it on!

Ference is a nice guy, no doubt, but it was time for him to move on.  At some point in time, you have to give the younger guys a chance.  Though I am sure that he will do wonders in the Oilers locker room.

I thought that Dennis Seidenberg would definitely be re-signed beyond '13-'14, but the B's might want to save the money for Boychuk in 2 years.  Chara/Krug, Boychuk/Hamilton and McQuaid/Bartkowski might be the '14-'15 (and beyond) blue line pairings. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Pure class. I wish him well in Edmonton and Matt continued success at Stonehill and in his recovery. Two great examples of the human spirit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:

I thought that Dennis Seidenberg would definitely be re-signed beyond '13-'14, but the B's might want to save the money for Boychuk in 2 years.  Chara/Krug, Boychuk/Hamilton and McQuaid/Bartkowski might be the '14-'15 (and beyond) blue line pairings. 

Why?  The only money I would save is for a plane ticket out of town... This guy is horrendous  in his own end... My everlasting memory of this guy will be of Bolland out muscling him in front of the net to score the winning goal and get the Cup... for $3.3m.. My God you could do a lot better...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why?  The only money I would save is for a plane ticket out of town... This guy is horrendous  in his own end... My everlasting memory of this guy will be of Bolland out muscling him in front of the net to score the winning goal and get the Cup... for $3.3m.. My God you could do a lot better...

[/QUOTE]

horrendous is a little aggressive, but he isn't half as good as most think he is. third pairing, not top pairing, 1.8 mill, not 3.36. I agree with you there. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Ference is an A+ person and locker room guy (errr dressing room). He is also a B-/C+ hockey player who isn't getting any younger. However, he is a great addition to the youth in Edmonton and I will wish him well. 

Regarding Boychuk... I do think he is slightly overpaid, but he is the number three defenseman on this team and I like having him, his slapshot, his hitting, and his toughness on this team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Classy move by a classy guy!!  These are the type of things that make hockey players the best liked athletes in the world...Good Luck in the Big Oil Ference!!  Karma is a great thing, you definately got some coming back to ya old buddy!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Saint Andrew!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Got chills reading this.

He may be going home to EDM but I'll always remember him as a champion and a true Bruin through and through

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Ference is a total class act and will always be a Bostonian in my mind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Speechless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very nice gesture by a man who has done nothing but show class. Be nice if the local news atations could squeeze in a mention of this betwen Hernandez murder case and Dennard DUI stuff.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow, you guys are pretty soft.  Get off your knees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Andrew seemed to always be available.  D&C, post game interviews, charity events, and as a spokesman for the team.  Why he wore an A.* Yet I am going into debate land on BDC when I say he was glue on the team ( I fear saying, chemistry).  I am not sure I can describe a TEAM off the ice but AF was one of those players who made it easier on other players in media frenzied Boston sports.  Bs management recognized his contributions on and off the ice by announcing he was a UFA almost immediately.   He said on CSNNE, he loved Boston and hinted at returning at the end of his career.  He is what he was, a team player ie.  "the finger" or defending his teammates without question on the ice.  Skills diminished, the young Edmonton team will welcome his prescence.  So his gesture above is well noted and understood. He will be missed, others will need to step forward.

*The why Kelly wears an A. 

Sections
Shortcuts