Youth Movement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Youth Movement

Since I seemed nuts for my comments about Boychuk I am afraid to start this thread. 

Am I wrong to thing that we are in for a youth movement and there may just be no trades and we are simply going to let it fly with the young guys.

I have seen a greater trend to articles talking about the youth of the team and all of these contracts.

1. Are they signing guys for trade pieces?

2. Or is the youth movement really in the air?

Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Youth Movement

I see less of a youth movement and more of a pragmatic way in which to fill out the roster with limited available cap space. Prospects are cheap ergo now is the time to use them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Teams are waiting for the arbitration hearings to be over. Then they know how much cash and players they can move. One spot on the 4th line (Floreks' to lose) and the 3rd line (Fraser/KoKo/Spooner) are up for grabs. Possibly a 7th Dman spot if Boychuk goes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

LOL thanks san just keep sticking the knife in about Boychuk bud. it made me laugh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since I seemed nuts for my comments about Boychuk I am afraid to start this thread. 

Am I wrong to thing that we are in for a youth movement and there may just be no trades and we are simply going to let it fly with the young guys.

I have seen a greater trend to articles talking about the youth of the team and all of these contracts.

[/QUOTE]

First off don't be afraid to start a thread. You're bringing up your opinions on different issues which should be encouraged, even if certain dinks might call them outrageous. I think the bruins are plugging in holes from within and I thinks I thats intelligent. They will get to evaluate their young talent, and possibly raise their value through nhl exposure. RELAX I didn't say showcasing. Then if trades are required at the deadline,when the cap isn't quite so strict, go get Marc staal or bobby Ryan. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think they're in a youth movement at all.  They have a core of seasoned veterans that this team is all about and they only lost one of them. Not by design either.  

They've supplemented the lineup with some youth, but outside Smith, Hamilton, and Krug -- these guys aren't really in key roles.  I still think it is a very veteran team, almost to a fault. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Fletch what do you mean by to a fault. Not questioning just curious about your opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The only way this is a youth movement is if they trade away some veterans,and bring them all in, in which case would littlerally be a rebuild. Ihe cap is forcing PC to do what he is doing. Were all hearing rumours someone is going, a deal is immenant, however, PC should just plug the holes and see where they are come xmas time, it is time for a couple of these prospects to show what they got at the nhl level, you might think ( other than caron ) a couple of had a chance but what is it ? less than 20 games for any of them, not enuf time as far as im concerned. Get smith and krug in and deal with what ya have. Hopefully the vets will step up a bit and help the kids along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Fletch what do you mean by to a fault. Not questioning just curious about your opinion.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I said "almost to a fault", but I think that after the Seguin trade, the Bruins run the risk of having a roster where a lot of guys get old at the same time.  Don't get me wrong -- I'm happy that they have continued to keep a core together that has consistently risen among the top-5 teams in the league for the past 5 years.  I'd be opposed to a big 'youth movement' when you have a proven roster of guys who can win.

But you also notice that the team who won the Cup two months ago had the following contributors checking in at 26 or younger -- Doughty, Kopitar, Voynov, Muzzin, Toffoli, Pearson, Martinez, Clifford, etc.  These guys led the charge to that Cup.

The Bruins are something different.  A few good young players have broken into the core and then there are a few spots for youngsters to play bit roles.  This is a veteran team though and there honestly is not very good age balance across the roster.  Maybe that starts to change a little as guys like Spooner work their way into the core, but for now, the veterans continue to carry the load.  More than you'd like, ideally.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

The question is does that formula work Fletch? I guess this season we will find out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hmm like when the Bruins blended Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Boychuk, McQuaid, Marchand, Smith, Hamilton, Bartkowski, Miller and Soderberg in with veterans.

Yah I'd say it is working.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Teams are forced to open more spots for the younger cheaper player due to core players taking up so much of a cap that did not go up as high as expected.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

The question is does that formula work Fletch? I guess this season we will find out. 

[/QUOTE]

Brad Marchand, Tyler Seguin, Johnny boychuk. Three guys who played their first full nhl season and won the cup in 2011. (It was boychuks first year not spending any time in the AHL). It works, let's just hope the bruins have the right young players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

by Andrew Thompson 19h ago TWEET (6) LIKE (56) 0

The talk around the Boston water coolers when it comes to hockey usually gets interesting. Some fans contrive fantasy scenarios about big named players being traded to the Bruins. Others talk about what Charelli’s big move is going to be come September. A few people like to reminisce about 2011 a little too much. The big question for all of us to answer is who will end up on the roster next year.

Let us start off be assuming that the Bruins will handle most of their line promotions internally. First, we take Loui Eriksson who is prime to have a great year (concussions and other vicious surprises not withstanding) and put him on on first line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. The Black and Gold promote Daniel Paille to the third line to make up for Eriksson’s absence. Paille’s speed would compliment Chris Kelly and Carl Soderberg nicely. If the organization makes those moves, that leaves three open slots on the squad (two in the fourth line and the thirteenth forward). Could Bruins first round draft pick David Pastrnak make the squad his first year out of the blocks?

I don’t think he will. We’ve seen European players have a tough learning curve on NHL ice, and we can expect more of the same from the young Czech. Sure, he’ll probably get a call up sometime during the season. He may play several games for the B’s as they fill in slots for injuries or use the healthy scratch stick to reprimand recalcitrant players. The only way he will make the roster is if he has an outstanding training camp and a few people expected to make the cut fall flat on their skates.

The big issue now is (barring trades) where Gregory Campbell will end up. If he stays at center, then it raises the odds for players like Pastrnak and lowers them for Providence centers with NHL ice time. Justin Florek, Matt Fraser, Jared Knight, and Anthony Camara are the top choices among the Providence squad to get promoted up if Campbell stays where he is. If Campbell moves to the wing, then we’ll likely see a P-Bruin get the bump up to center the new Maroon Line. (It can never be called Merlot again.) The Providence players likely to get the invite to camp to try that theory out are Ryan Spooner or Alexander Khokhlachev. Most of the above players have some NHL experience under their belts, and a good training camp could catapult them from the Dunk to the TD Garden.

It’s roughly six weeks before the start of training camp, and we are sure to see one or two big surprises from the Bruins front office before the start of the season. The Bruins have a great organization, and I’m sure they’ll find most of what they need inside the family.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That is a bloggers opinion about the Bruins.

You can form your own opinions on BDC if you like.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How dumb.  Why would they move Campbell to wing? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I laughed when I read the "big issue right now is where Gregory Campbell will.end up".  Really?

I was thinking how to get Krug and Reilly Smith back in a Bruins uniform might be a slightly bigger issue.  I was also thinking Campbell could replace Iginla on the first line.  I can picture PCs priority list after he comes back from Winnepausakee with Gregory Campbell going to wing right at the very  top.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not so dumb if there's a logical explanation.

"General manager Peter Chiarelli said Sunday that the team has discussed moving Campbell out of his natural center position to allow one of the young centers to play in the NHL"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not so dumb if there's a logical explanation.

"General manager Peter Chiarelli said Sunday that the team has discussed moving Campbell out of his natural center position to allow one of the young centers to play in the NHL"

[/QUOTE]

Not optimal for a puck possession team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Not optimal for a puck possession team.

[/QUOTE]

I don't get this. 

Spooner or Koko are good with the puck in open ice ( better then Campbell ). Campbell is good along the boards ( better then the other 2 ). 

Why would this be a hindrance to puck possession ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fourth line had awful "possession stats" last year with Campbell at C.

Are you not entertained?!?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So the 4th line needs to be more possessed then...

Child that had too much sugar or Linda Blair Possessed ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kinkybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First off don't be afraid to start a thread. You're bringing up your opinions on different issues which should be encouraged, even if certain dinks might call them outrageous. I think the bruins are plugging in holes from within and I thinks I thats intelligent. They will get to evaluate their young talent, and possibly raise their value through nhl exposure. RELAX I didn't say showcasing. Then if trades are required at the deadline,when the cap isn't quite so strict, go get Marc staal or bobby Ryan. 

[/QUOTE]

Bobby Ryan for sure, Bruins will not get him. 

[/QUOTE]

hes almost sure to be moved. 

Sections
Shortcuts